10 Best-Selling Smart Ceiling Fans with Alexa and Remote
Ceiling fans have been an integral part of our spaces for years in different forms. They have evolved in form, shape, size, technology, etc. over the years. The conventional fans that we have grown up seeing have now acquired the form of smart fans, which make the ceiling fans a tad bit intelligent to make them apt for home automation. Smart fans like other smart gadgets offer the ability to be controlled from remote locations, customize settings, set schedules, and so on. A few models also offer sensor-based outputs based on the occupancy in the room, humidity and temperature of the space. In addition, there are options for lighting integrated with the fan which can be used as an additional light source or suit the ambiance of the space. There are ample features that the smart fans have to offer based on the brand and model of choice. To help eliminate the confusion and streamline your choices, the following are a few insights that might aid in understanding the smart fans better –
What Are Smart Fans and how do they work?
Smart fans are ceiling fans that are equipped with smart technology, allowing remote operations through a wireless network via an app. These fans can be controlled from anywhere with the aid of smartphones or tablets. There is an array of features that make a ceiling fan a smart fan. Many fans support voice assistants like Alexa and Google Home as well for remote operations, making them a perfect accessory for automated homes.
Costs attached with the Smart Ceiling Fans?
A smart fan usually costs similar to a mid-range ceiling fan. The cost determining factors include the size of the fan or the sweep of the fan, blades, lights and other features.
Points to consider while choosing Smart Ceiling Fans –
While looking for smart fans one should consider the following points –
- Energy Savings
Smart fans can prove to be highly energy-efficient thereby aiding in energy savings. With built-in sensors (temperature, humidity and occupancy), the fans can control the speed based on the humidity and temperature of the space and can power on or off depending on the presence of people in the room.
- Fan Blade Pitch and Size
Blade pitch is the angle between the horizontal of the ground and the oblique cutting edge of the blade. One should look for a blade pitch of about 10-15 degrees for good airflow and less power consumption.
The fan blade size refers to the length of the blade, thereby defining the fan sweep or diameter of the circle that the fan makes. The fan sweeps range from 600 mm to 1500 mm. The most commonly used sweep size is 1200 mm.
Airflow is the volume of air circulated by a fan in a minute. It is measured or indicated in CMM (cubic meter per minute). The higher the airflow rate, the higher the air circulated. Therefore, one should look for higher airflow rates or CMMs when it comes to bigger spaces for the fans to be effective.
- Operations and customizations
Most smart fans can be operated via a dedicated smartphone app. These can also be operated through voice assistants such as Alexa, google home, Siri, etc. In addition, many fans can be operated using an Infrared remote control.
These modes of operations aid in the remote working of the smart fans and help in customizing the settings according to user preference. One can set timers and schedules, set the speed of the fan, turning on or off the light panel in the fan, all at the click of a button.
For smart fans, one should look for BLDC (Brushless DC) motors for better energy as well as operational efficiency.
Look for connectivity options like Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to be able to connect the smart fan with one’s smartphones, tablets or smart hubs.
Smart fans are easy to install and can even be installed in place of the existing regular ceiling fans. Post-installation all one needs is to connect the fan with a smartphone or voice assistant via a wireless network.
- Lighting Style
Many smart fans come with integrated LED lights with adjustable settings. People who like to have a cleaner or minimalistic look can opt for smart fans without lights. Choosing a lighting style for a smart fan is completely a personal preference as it doesn’t determine the performance of the fan.
Advantages of Smart Fans
Following are the advantages of smart fans-
- These are convenient to use and can be operated remotely too. One can customize the settings, and create custom schedules as per the needs.
- These are less noisy compared to the conventional ceiling fans, therefore making them a great choice for people who love a little peace in the environment.
- They aid in saving energy and thereby electricity bills. This is for the simple reason that the fans can be turned off when no one is in the room owing to the occupancy sensors, which adjust themselves according to the temperature and humidity of the space, can be turned off remotely as well.
Are there any challenges with Smart Fans?
The challenge that one can face while installing a smart fan is the post-installation procedures such as linking the fan with the apps, voice assistants, etc.
If you have decided to make an upgrade to a smart ceiling fan, the following are the 10 best-selling smart fans –
1. Atomberg Renesa 1200mm 28W BLDC Motor with Remote 3 Blade Energy Saving Ceiling Fan (Ivory and Black)
This smart fan with a minimalistic appeal is a considerable choice when one is looking to upgrade their ceiling fan. Some features of this smart fan are as follows –
- The fan has a BLDC motor that is highly energy efficient.
- Even at the highest speed, the motor consumes only 28 W.
- The fan is built with inverter stabilization technology, which aids in providing consistent speed even during voltage fluctuations.
- The fan is built using the atomSENSE algorithm, thereby providing an operational speed of up to 340 RPM and an airflow rate of 230 cmm.
- It comes with a smart remote that supports features – boost mode, timer and sleep mode.
- The fan can be operated with a click of a button.
2. Havells Stealth Wood I 1250mm Ceiling Fan (Walnut)
The smart fan by Havells in Walnut wood finish is aesthetically elegant and is sure to spread its charm in the space it is installed in. The features of this smart fan are as follows –
- This smart fan is equipped with sensors to sense humidity and temperature, which helps in adjusting the fan speed accordingly.
- The smart fan is IoT-enabled and compatible with iOS and Android.
- It can be controlled through voice assistants Alexa and Google Home.
- It is equipped with an array of modes like smart mode, sleep mode, breeze mode and schedule mode for an enhanced user experience.
- It provides an operational speed of 280 RPM and an airflow rate of 280 cmm.
- It allows multi-user access thereby allowing several people to operate and control the fan.
- In case of power failure, the fan is equipped with memory backup to help in regaining the last operating state of the fan.
- The fan is enhanced with premium in-mould design on the body and rings to enhance the aesthetics of the fan.
3. Orient Electric Aeroslim 1200mm BLDC motor Smart Ceiling Fan with IoT, Remote & Under light (Brown)
The Aeroslim smart fan by Orient is a very powerful ceiling fan with mesmerizing looks. It has a dimmable light panel to add to the aesthetics. Its specifications are as follows –
- The smart fan is designed with inverter technology that helps in saving up to 40% energy as compared to the regular ceiling fan.
- It has an airflow of 240 cmm and an operational speed of 310 RPM.
- The fan is IoT-enabled and supports operations through a remote and dedicated mobile app.
- Some features include fan scheduling, fan time, turbo mode, sleep mode, breeze mode, reverse rotation, etc.
- It can be operated with voice assistants such as Amazon’s Alexa and Google assistant.
- The smart fan also has an option of scene-setting and switching owing to the diffused light panel.
- The blades are inspired by aerodynamic design for efficient air delivery. These are made with high-quality Glass-filled ABS for better durability.
- The fan offers an airflow of 240 cmm.
- The fan has a telescopic adjustable design to give a seamless finish.
4. Ottomate Smart Shield Ceiling fan with Mosquito Repellent Smart BLDC with Remote (Champagne Brown, Pack of 1)
The smart fan has a seamless design with a unique design language. This smart fan has the following features –
- The fan is built with a highly energy-efficient BLDC technology that consumes less power and saves on energy.
- This smart fan has six intuitive smart modes vis-à-vis sleep, flip, mop, AC, breeze and turbo.
- It has an airflow of 245 cmm and an operational speed of 380 RPM.
- It has a mosquito repellant technology that repels mosquitos without the use of any harmful chemicals.
5. Luminous Audie 1200mm Smart Ceiling Fan for Home and Office with Remote, IoT, Works with Alexa (Mirage White)
This smart fan by Luminous offers the best of both worlds, old age charm in a new age design. The specifications of this smart fan are as follows –
- The smart fan can be operated and controlled with the help of voice assistants, an infrared remote and a dedicated mobile app.
- It has an operational speed of 380 RPM and an air delivery of 230 CMM.
- One can control the fan from anywhere on the globe.
- It offers multi-user access thereby making it operable by multiple users.
- The smart fan can be scheduled for automatic power on or off.
6. Havells Carnesia i 1200mm Ceiling Fan (White LT Copper)
The smart fan by Havells has an aesthetic appeal that is sure to enliven any space it is installed in. The features of this smart fan are as follows –
- The smart fan is equipped with a smart mode that aids in sensing humidity and temperature, thereby aiding in speed adjustments accordingly.
- The fan is IoT-enabled with connectivity over Android and iOS.
- It operates with voice assistants such as Alexa and Google home.
- The various modes that the fan is equipped with are smart mode, sleep mode, breeze mode and scheduler.
- It has an operational speed of 390 rpm and air delivery of 235 cmm.
- Multiple users can operate the fan with the help of the app.
- It has a memory back up which aids in restarting the fan with the last operating settings in case of power failure.
- The fan follows an in-mould design for its body to provide better aesthetics.
7. Atomberg Renesa Smart + 1200mm 28W BLDC Motor with Remote Energy Saving Ceiling Fan (Earth Brown)
The smart fan by Atomberg has a wood finish that will not only add efficiency to air circulation but would also add elegance to the space. This smart fan has the following features –
- This smart fan is built with a highly energy-efficient BLDC motor which consumes less power even at the highest speed.
- It is IoT enabled fan that makes it operable using voice assistants like Alexa and Google Home.
- One can remotely operate and control the settings through a dedicated mobile application.
- The remote for the fan support smart features such as boost, sleep, speed control and timer.
- The metallic finish of the fan makes it easy to clean in addition to adding to the overall aesthetics of the space.
- Its operational speed is 340 RPM and it offers an air delivery of 220 cmm.
- Is built with inverter stabilization technology which ensures that the fan runs at the same speed even during voltage fluctuations.
- The core of the fan has LED indicators that denote the speed level of the fan, the brightness of the indicators is just suitable to be used as a night lamp.
8. Ottomate Sense Connect Smart BLDC with Remote 3 Blade 1200 MM High-Speed Ceiling fan (Ocean Blue, Pack of 1)
This fan has seamless curves for an elegant design. Some specifications of this smart door lock are as follows –
- This smart fan has changeable blades.
- The BLDC motor helps in saving energy by up to 60%.
- There are intelligent modes to offer maximum comfort to the users. The modes are flip mode, sleep mode, mop mode, AC mode, breeze mode and turbo mode.
- The operational speed of this fan is 380 RPM and air delivery of 230 CMM.
- One can control the operations of the fan with the help of an infrared remote.
9. Polycab Hohm Stolz I intelligent Wi-Fi 1200mm (48 inches) Smart Fan Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, IR Remote & Hohm Mobile App (Black)
This smart fan is a futuristic fan that delivers a cool breeze and aesthetic appeal to the space. Some features of this fan are as follows –
- This intelligent smart fan can be operated and controlled using an infrared remote, dedicated mobile app (Hohm app) and voice assistants.
- The smart fan has an inbuilt sensor that aids in adjusting the speed according to the humidity and temperature in the space.
- It has features such as pre-program routines, set scenes, timer, scheduler, speed control, etc.
- Under pre-program routines, the smart fan has breeze preferences such as nature mode, intelligent mode and sleep mode.
- The smart fan has an operational speed of 400 RPM and air delivery of 230 cmm.
- The fan is built to be anti-dust, anti-rust and anti-microbial.
10. Atomberg Studio+ 1200mm 32W BLDC Motor Energy Saving Ceiling Fan (Earth Brown)
This smart fan has all the elegance to make a style statement in your home while integrating a smart appliance in your home. Some specifications of this lock are as follows –
- This smart fan is noiseless and has a BLDC motor for energy efficiency.
- The fan has an LED indicator for various speed levels.
- This smart fan has an operational speed of 370 RPM and an air delivery of 237 cmm.
- The fan offers about 65% energy savings when compared with conventional fans.
- The fan can be operated with a smart remote that has which has a boost, sleep and timer mode.
- It is built with technology to maintain consistent speed even during voltage fluctuations.
These are the 10 bestselling smart fans to choose from for your home. This is one of the easiest steps towards making your homes smart homes. These offer array of features and are convenient to use when compared with conventional fans. While there are a lot of features attached to smart fans, one should do thorough research before taking the plunge. To conclude, we recommend you go through the insights about smart fans discussed above. While all the above smart fans are more or less equally efficient, my choice for the smart fan would have been Atomberg Studio+. The choice of the smart fan would also be dependent on the compatibility with other smart home devices, smart hubs, connections, software and smartphones.
If there are any smart fans that you feel can be added to the list, feel free to post your suggestions!
Also if you are smart products lover, you must check out 20 Best Smart Home Devices to Make your Home A Lot More Automated
Join our newsletter!
Enter your email to receive our latest newsletter.
Don't worry, we don't spam
5 Best Budget Monitors for Architects and Designers 2023
5 Best Budget Laptops for Architecture Students (Latest Models 2023)
15 Must-Have Essential Tools for Architectural Students
10 Essential Books for an Architecture Student, We Highly Recommend
10 Books Every Young Architect Must-Have
5 Best Books for NATA 2023, We Highly Recommend
10 Best Smart Plugs to Make your Life Easier
Make your home smarter with these 10 best smart plugs! These nifty devices give you remote access to everything in
10 Best Smart Light Bulbs to Brighten Up Your Spaces
Upgrade your home or office with the latest smart light bulbs! These devices make your space look brighter and more
10 Best Smart Door Locks to Upgrade the Security of Your Home
Upgrade your home security with one of these ten great smart door locks. They come in many different styles and
10 Best-Selling Smart Ceiling Fans with Alexa and Remote
Looking for a ceiling fan that conveniently controls with your voice? Check out these ten best-selling models with Alexa!
10 Best Smart Lamps to Light up Your Bedroom
Upgrade your bedroom lighting with one of these 10 best smart lamps.
10 Best Reviewed Robotic Vacuum Cleaner for Spotless Home
Looking for robotic vacuum cleaners OR Thinking of buying a robotic vacuum cleaner for a spotless home? Read along for