10 Best Video Doorbells to Upgrade the Security Measures of your Home
Home security is one of the primary concerns of any homeowner. Video doorbells help in determining the identity of the visitors before opening up one’s home for them. In the present times, when one constantly lives in fear of intruders and criminals entering their homes, it becomes essential to consider installing video doorbells to keep tabs on one’s home even when they are away. These doorbells are an upgrade from the conventional doorbells and offer an array of features. To ensure one makes the right decision before installing a video doorbell, the following are a few insights related to video doorbells –
What is a Video Doorbell?
A video doorbell is a doorbell that is equipped with a camera in addition, it is wi-fi enabled smart device that has motion sensors, recording abilities, loudspeakers, a microphone, etc.
How does a Video Doorbell work?
A video doorbell just like the conventional doorbell notifies the residents or visitors, except that the residents can see video footage of the people visiting and the scene outside their doors. These doorbells have motion sensors that notify the residents of any motion that the doorbell motion sense outside the door. The notifications or alerts are sent to the smartphones via a dedicated app to alert the residents of incoming visitors or in many cases intruders. Video doorbells offer the option of remote operations, wherein one can interact with the visitors remotely as well. These doorbells can store the video footage, which can be streamed using the app from any place with an active internet connection.
Costs that accrue when installing a Video Doorbell?
The price of the Video doorbells starts from somewhere around 7,000 rupees with negligible installation charges. Additional costs might accrue based on the storage and thereby the subscription requirements.
Points to Consider Before Buying a Video Doorbell –
When buying video doorbells one should consider the following points –
- Camera and video:
For video doorbells, the quality of video and thereby the quality of the camera is an imperative feature. The points that should be looked into while considering this aspect are –
- Resolution of the camera –
The resolution of the camera ranges from 720p HD to 2560p HD. The recommended resolution of the camera is 1080p HD.
- Field of vision –
One should aim for having a camera with a field of vision of a minimum of 120°
- Zoom levels –
Some video doorbells come with optical zoom to view enhanced details.
Video doorbells are equipped with speakers and microphones to offer two-way communication between the guests and the residents.
- Night vision:
Many doorbells have an infrared vision to provide clear and sharp images during the night as well. The other options for night vision in doorbells are infrared night vision, colour night vision and a combination of both.
One should look at the method of powering the video doorbell. These can either be wired or wireless. In the case of a wired mechanism, the bell draws power from the existing line; and in the case of a wireless mechanism, the doorbell is powered via batteries. The residents should see the possibilities in one’s home while deciding on the type of mechanism that the doorbell is powered with.
Storage options in video doorbells are available in both formats internal and external (SD cards). Certain doorbells offer cloud storage as well.
The video doorbells usually connect with a smartphone or tablet (through a dedicated app) via a 2.4 GHz wi-fi network.
Pros and Cons of Smart Video Doorbells
Video doorbells come with their set of pros and cons which are as follows –
- These are easy to install and extremely user-friendly.
- Works on motion detection technology that detects the slightest of movement within a certain range.
- Allows two-way communication between the visitors and residents.
- One can view the scenes around their main doors from anywhere in the world.
- The videos can be recorded and stored depending on the requirements and preferences.
- A steady and strong wi-fi connection is required at all times.
- Motion sensors are unable to detect the source of motion leading to false alarms.
- The video doorbells are technology-driven and therefore can be hacked leading to privacy threats and other issues.
If you have made up your mind to install a video doorbell to upgrade the security measures of your home, the following are the 10 best smart door locks options –
1. Abodetek® WiFi Video Doorbell
The battery-operated video doorbell is a considerable upgrade from the usual doorbells. Some features of this video doorbell are as follows –
- The video bell is equipped with advanced motion sensors to provide efficient motion-activated alerts.
- It provides a two-way talk mode with noise cancellation to enable interaction between the residents and visitors.
- It has a 720 p resolution camera to provide for better image quality and clarity.
- It can function efficiently while consuming ultra-low power.
- Enabled with infrared night vision for better security during the night.
- The videos can be recorded on SD cards,
- It can be connected with a dedicated app for operations and receiving notifications.
- It has a 166° of field vision.
2. Hikvision VDP DS-KIS202 7-inch Upgraded Video Door Phone (Grey/White)
The video doorbell from Hikvision can be synced in with other Hikvision devices for better performance and efficiency. The features of this doorbell are as follows –
- The door station of this video doorbell is equipped with a self-adaptive IR supplement.
- It has a 7” colourful TFT LCD screen.
- Allows hands-free video intercom communication between the residents and visitors.
- It is equipped with high-performance echo cancellation technology to guarantee high-quality voice transmission.
- A built-in loudspeaker and omnidirectional microphone guarantee superior sound quality.
- Features remote unlocking of the door.
3. Whyte WiFi Smart Security DoorBell with Video Call, Recording, Motion Sensor, Night Vision, Mobile App Support
This video doorbell comes with numerous user-friendly features. The specifications are as follows –
- It is equipped with a 1080 HD camera which provides infrared night vision.
- The videos are stored on an SD card and the live streaming can be recorded on the phone.
- It sends quick alerts in case of motion detection or when the doorbell is pressed.
- It is powered by 2 Li-ion batteries in addition to a wired connection for constant working.
- It features two-way calling through a dedicated mobile app.
4. Okos Wi-Fi 1080p HD Video Doorbell Home Security Camera, Black
The wi-fi-enabled video doorbell is a considerable option when considering an upgrade. Its specifications are as follows –
- Sends notifications whenever a motion is detected or the bell is pressed.
- The 1080p HD camera with infrared night vision delivers clarity while seeing, speaking and hearing the visitors.
- The video doorbell works in conjunction with the Okos Smart app.
- It works on battery and through wired connection as well.
- The data can be stored both on an SD card and cloud.
- For added convenience, the doorbell can be paired with Alexa and Google Assistant enabled devices.
5. Schneider Electric WiFi Smart Doorbell 1080P Full HD Camera Home Security Mobile App Regulated Door Alarm System with Motion Sensors & Night Vision Technology (230V AC)
The high-quality video doorbell by Schneider is not only a considerable option with regards to security measures of your home but adds to the minimalistic aesthetics. The features of this doorbell are as follows –
- Enables two-way conversations with the visitors through the phone.
- The doorbell provides remote operations thereby enabling the users to answer the doorbell from anywhere.
- With the help of infrared LEDs, one can view and record clear footage even during dull or dark hours of the day.
- The residents are notified in case of motion detection or when the bell is pressed.
- The doorbell supports full HD resolution videos for viewing and recording.
- Can be operated with the aid of the ‘wiser for India’ app.
- Has built-in internal storage of 32 GB.
6. IFITech Wireless Smart Life 720P/1MP Video Resolution PIR Motion Detection Alert Night Vision Full HD Camera Built-in Rechargeable Battery Wireless Video Doorbell, Chime - Silver
This stylish video doorbell is sure to add a layer of security to your home security measures. The specifications of this doorbell are as follows –
- The doorbell has a 720p HD camera which provides a clear view within 166°.
- It can be operated with the ‘IFI smart life’ app from anywhere.
- Provides instant push notifications to smartphones via the app whenever the bell is pressed.
- Offers two-way communication with the visitors in addition to providing noise cancellation for clear audio and video.
- Supports an SD card with up to 128 GB of memory.
- Equipped with motion sensors to detect the slightest movement.
- The doorbell is equipped with infrared night vision to ensure security even during the night.
7. Hikvision KIS204 Video Door Phone (Grey)
This is yet another well designed and equipped doorbell that help sin boosting the security of your home. This doorbell has the following features –
- This doorbell provides with handsfree video intercom communication.
- It is equipped with a pinhole camera that works at 25 fps and has a resolution of 720 x 576p.
- Provides night vision of up to 2 m owing to the infrared vision.
- It has an omni directional microphone and loud speaker to ensure quality communication between the residents and visitors.
- It can be operated by means of a 7” TFT LCD screen.
- The video doorbell is equipped for noise suppression and echo cancellation to provide clear audio.
- Provides unit to unit video calling which helps in better communication among the owners of different units in an apartment.
8. Qubo Smart WiFi Wireless Video Doorbell from Hero Group | Instant Visitor Video Call on Phone | Intruder Alarm System | 1080P FHD Camera | 2-Way Talk | Works with Alexa & Google | 36 Chime Tunes
This wireless video doorbell is a classy product from the hero group. Some specifications of this video doorbell are as follows –
- It has an instant visitor video call feature that lets the residents connect with the visitors from anywhere in the world.
- It has a 1080p HD camera with a built-in intruder alarm system.
- Provides a clear two-way communication feature.
- One can even use pre-recorded messages to respond to the guests in case of absence or being occupied.
- It can be powered with 3 AAA batteries.
- Works with Alexa and Google assistant.
9. Godrej Security Solutions Seethru ST4.3 Lite 4.3-inch Video Door Phone (Pearl, 7-Pieces)
This high-tech yet easy-to-use video doorbell is another considerable option when looking for video doorbells for your home security system. Some features of this doorbell are as follows –
- This video doorbell has a built-in wi-fi module see-thru the pro video door phone.
- It enables the residents to see and talk to the visitors on the smartphone.
- It provides contactless calling thereby reducing public contact and chances of transmission of infection.
- It has a high resolution 7” display in its indoor unit.
- Provision for recording the videos and images remotely.
- It is equipped with motion sensors and a high-resolution wide-angle camera for the efficient working of the doorbell.
- It has an option of 13 regional languages to select from for the voice prompt.
10. Ring Video Doorbell Wired – Convenient, essential features in a compact design, pair with Ring Chime to hear audio alerts in your home (existing doorbell wiring required) - 2021 release
This video doorbell is an incredible addition to your home security system. Some specifications of this doorbell are as follows –
- This doorbell has a 1080p HD camera for enhanced video quality.
- It offers two-way communication between the residents and visitors.
- The slightest of motion can be detected owing to the advanced motion detection sensors.
- Real-time notifications are sent straight to the phone in case of movement or when someone presses the bell.
- Has a sharp night vision thereby ensuring security even during the night.
These are the 10 video doorbells that one can consider while thinking of upgrading to video doorbells from conventional doorbells. The video doorbells help in making an informed decision before opening the doors for the visitors owing to the visuals. There are a lot of features that the video doorbells are packed with. One has to be thorough about the features and working of the video doorbells before choosing the final doorbell. Certain models can be synced or aligned with smart devices thereby making them a part of a smart home and home automation technology.
If there are any video doorbells that you feel can be added to the list, feel free to post your suggestions!
Join our newsletter!
Enter your email to receive our latest newsletter.
Don't worry, we don't spam
Take your Home Decor to the Next Level with These 10 3D Wall Stickers
10 Cool Floor Lamps For Living Room to Add a Soft Glow to Your Space
10 Dazzling Tealight Candle Holders for a Festive Diwali Makeover
10 Must-Have Decorative Wall Hangings That will add a Magical Touch to your Diwali Decor
10 Decorative Diyas for a Cheerful and Bright Diwali
10 Refreshing Aroma and Scented Candles for Diwali Decor to Make your Home Smell Divine
Upgrade your security with one of these 10 best video doorbells. With features like night vision and intelligent sensing, these
Make your home smarter with these 10 best smart plugs! These nifty devices give you remote access to everything in
Upgrade your home or office with the latest smart light bulbs! These devices make your space look brighter and more
Upgrade your home security with one of these ten great smart door locks. They come in many different styles and
Looking for a ceiling fan that conveniently controls with your voice? Check out these ten best-selling models with Alexa!