10 Best Smart Light Bulbs to Brighten Up Your Spaces
Incorporating smart lights in your home is a smart step to begin transforming your home into a smart or automated home. Lights are and have always been an integral part of our homes. While we transition into an automated age, it is time to upgrade our usual lights to smart lights. Just like the usual lights, smart lights also have various types, vis-à-vis, bulb, batten, LED strips, so on and so forth. Smart lights usually work over a wi-fi network. From getting over millions of light colour options to set lighting scenes to scheduling the power on and off of the light, there are numerous features that smart lights offer. While the features might seem fancy and a must-have, it is essential to know the ins and outs related to smart lights. To ensure the same, the following are some insights related to smart lights.
What Are Smart Lights and how do they work?
A smart light is a lighting fixture or aid that can be controlled wirelessly via smartphones, tablets, smart hubs, conditions-based IFTTT (IF This Then That) technology or voice assistants. Smart lights help in automating the lighting experience that can even be controlled remotely.
These smart fixtures have software that connects them to either an application, voice assistant or any other such smart accessory. Certain types of smart lights work with the aid of sensory devices – motion, touch, etc. These help in modulating the intensity and in some cases, type of light based on the motion in space, amount of light, temperature, so on and so forth.
Costs attached with the smart lights?
The cost depends on the type of smart light that you are considering installing and the features it is equipped with. The starting cost of smart bulbs is 500 rupees, that of a smart batten is 800 rupees, a smart downlighter is 800 rupees and that of a smart LED strip is 3500 rupees.
Features Points to consider while choosing smart lights
While choosing a smart light or lighting system for your spaces, a few points should be considered that are as follows –
When selecting a smart lighting element, pay attention to the wattage that it offers. One should bear in mind that the higher the wattage, the higher would be the brightness in the case of LED lights. Therefore, choose the wattage adequately according to your requirements.
- Colours and ambiance:
Smart lights offer a range of over 16 million colours to choose from, thus providing a wide horizon of lighting moods and ambiances. The possibilities are endless when it comes to ambiance creation with smart lights. In addition to providing a wide palette of colour options, they also provide the flexibility to regulate the brightness of the light, thus aiding in achieving the desired ambiance in a space.
Smart lights can be controlled remotely both by voice and with the aid of supporting apps. With the help of dedicated apps, one can control the lights from anywhere in the world.
Most smart lights are designed to fit into the standard fittings, thereby making the installation a little less cumbersome.
Advantages of smart lights?
Smart lights come with their set of advantages, some of which are as follows –
- It helps in saving energy and thereby power bills too, as the lights are switched on and off automatically according to the schedule, requirement or movement.
- The remote access and scene creation features can help add in a layer of security in the absence of homeowners.
- These lights help in maintaining a healthy circadian rhythm.
- These are easy to use.
- Gives a large range of possibilities with just one fixture, when it comes to scene creation, the colour of the light and ambiance.
Are there any drawbacks of smart lights?
Along with the advantages, the smart lights also have some drawbacks that are as follows –
- If the wireless connection dips or falters then there would be connectivity and performance issues with the smart lights.
- These are a little expensive when compared to their conventional counterparts.
If you are taking a step towards introducing smart lights in your home, to help you in your decision, the following are the 10 best smart lights picks for you to consider from –
1. Philips 10-Watt Smart Wi-Fi LED Ceiling Lamp Downlighter WiZ Connected (Shades of White + Dimmable + Pre-Set Modes) (Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant)
This smart downlighter is a considerable choice for someone looking for colour variation in a single fixture. Some features of this smart light are as follows –
- This 10 watts downlighter has a CRI of 90 giving an ambient light.
- The smart light can be controlled via voice assistants – Alexa and Google assistant.
- The fixture has two light modes – cool white and warm white.
- The light has a total of 25000 hours.
- It can be tuned using a Wiz wi-fi remote and app which helps in setting the timer, schedules and dimming the light.y
2. Syska Wi-Fi Enabled Smart LED Bulb B22 7-Watt (16 Million Colors) (Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant)
This Syska smart bulb is a considerable choice as a first step towards installing smart lights in our home. The features of this smart light bulb are as follows –
- This 7 watts smart bulb is wi-fi enabled.
- The bulb offers an option of providing 16 million colour shades, thereby aiding in changing the colour tones depending on the occasion and mood.
- This light bulb is supported by both android and iOS devices.
- The lifespan of the bulb is 25000 hours.
- The bulb has an alarm clock feature that aids in setting the schedules to use the bulb according to the requirements.
- The bulb can be voice-controlled by Alexa and Google Assistant.
- It will easily fit in a B22 bulb holder, therefore eliminating the need to install any other ancillary system.
3. HomeMate ® WiFi 9 Watt Smart LED Downlight with 16 Million Colors Compatible with Alexa and Google Home (Warm and Cool White)
This smart light fixture is an interesting choice as it offers an interesting feature, as it can sync the lights with the music. Following are some other specifications of this fixture –
- This downlighter provides a variation of 16 million colours in addition to neutral warm white and cool white light to suit an array of situations and moods.
- In addition to the colours, the light is programmed for 4 static scene modes and 4 dynamic scene modes.
- It can be voice-controlled through voice assistants Alexa and Google Assistant, thereby aiding in giving control over the lights from any point in your home.
- It has a timer, which can be preset to remind the inhabitants of scheduled tasks.
- It can be controlled using the HomeMate smart app. Owing to the app, a larger group of people can control the fixture.
4. Halonix Wi-Fi Enabled Smart LED Bulb 12W B22 (16 Million Colors + Warm White/Neutral White/White) (Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant)
This smart LED bulb lets you micromanage your lighting from any point on the globe. Its specifications are as follows –
- This 12-watt smart bulb would easily fit into a regular B22 holder.
- The bulb can be controlled using the voice assistants Amazon’s Alexa and Google Home.
- This smart bulb can be controlled through a smartphone or tablet via the app (Halonix wi-fi app).
- The colour modulation can be managed across millions of RGB palette to satisfy every occasion and mood perfectly.
- There is an inbuilt timer that helps in automating the powering on and off of the bulb according to the schedule of the inhabitants.
5. Wipro 20W LED Neutral White Light Fixture, 1 Piece, (DS22000)
Wipro’s smart LED battens are a must consider when looking for introducing smart lights in your home. The diverse specifications rolled into a batten make it all the more a considerable option. It has the following features –
- This smart batten provides lights in about 16 million colour shades in addition to warm white, neutral and cool white.
- The colour and the brightness of the light could be adjusted based on the function, occasion or mood.
- This smart batten can be remotely controlled using the Wipro smart app, thereby providing ease of use and enhanced security.
- It provides the scene creation feature to help in creating personalized experiences.
- It can even be used as a timer to schedule it's powering on and off depending on the personal requirements.
- It can be easily controlled via the voice assistants Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
6. HomeMate® WiFi Multicolour Smart LED Kit, 5 Metre, Music Sync Feature, Compatible with Alexa and Google Home
This smart LED strip is an option that provides ambient lighting for backdrops, false ceilings, cove lighting, etc. at the click of a button or a voice command. Some features of this smart LED strip are as follows –
- This smart LED strip provides 16 million colours to suit an array of occasions and moods.
- This can be voice-controlled by Amazon Echo devices and Google assistant.
- It has a timer that lets the users schedule the lights to power on and off automatically.
- The LED strip can be controlled remotely through a smart device using a HomeMate Smart app.
- It comes with predefined scenes to transform any space according to the required ambiance.
- It has a sunrise feature that gradually brightens the light when turned on and gradually turns off the lights at night.
7. Philips Smart Wi-Fi LED T-Bulb 12-Watt WiZ Connected (Shades of White + Tunable + Dimmable + Pre-Set Modes) (Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant)
This smart T bulb is a perfect choice if one is looking for wider coverage of the lit area. Some features of this smart bulb are as follows –
- This smart T bulb is tunable with 16 million colours to suit an array of functions, occasions, times of the day and moods.
- The smart light can be controlled via voice assistants – Alexa, Google Assistant and others.
- It can be operated using a Wiz wi-fi remote and app which helps in setting the timer, schedules and dimming the light.
- The form of the fixture offers a wider spread of light.
8. Mi LED Smart Color Bulb (B22) - (16 Million Colors + 11 Years Long Life + Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant)
This smart bulb by Mi comes with an array of features which are discussed as follows –
- This smart bulb offers 16 million colours to suit an array of functions and moods.
- The smart light can be controlled via voice assistants – Alexa and Google assistant.
- It can be operated using the Mi Home app. The app also allows operating multiple Mi lighting fixtures together to create a suitable decor.
- It offers a service life of approximately 11 years.
- It provides functions such as scheduler, adjusting the brightness and colour temperature, automatic power on and off, so on and so forth.
9. Wipro NS9400 9-Watt B22 WiFi Smart LED Bulb with Music Sync Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant ( Warm White/Neutral White/White, Standard )
This interesting smart bulb is easy to integrate into your home and take a step towards installing smart lights. Some features of this bulb are as follows –
- This smart bulb comes with a music sync function that syncs the lights with the rhythm of the music playing.
- With the help of the Wipro Smart Home app, one can control the smart fixture from practically anywhere.
- It gives an option of lighting across 16 million colours and different shades of white to modulate the light according to the moods, festivals or occasions.
- Alexa and Google Assistant can be used to voice control the smart light.
- Lets the users define the required scenes for a faster setup as per the requirement.
- One can easily schedule the powering on and off of the lights. This feature can come in handy to create an illusion of presence even when you are not at home.
- It has a timer function that can help the user to sleep or wake up depending on the time settings.
- It is compatible with a B22 bulb holder thereby making the installation easy.
10. HOME CUBE Smart Control Sensor LED Night Light Bedroom Lamp with Dual USB Phone Charging Switch Socket
This Smart Control Sensor LED Night Light is a well-designed gadget to make our life easier with its multifunctionality. The features of this super cool smart switch socket are as follows –
- It has dual USB ports to charge two devices simultaneously.
- Not only will it charge your device but also has a night lamp to make the task easy.
- The night light has 3 settings – on, off and auto, wherein the auto mode works on a light sensor which will automatically turn on at dusk and turn off and dawn.
- The LED light is soft that won’t be a bother while you are asleep.
- It is a cool and innovative add-on to your accessories.
These are the 10 smart lights that will brighten your spaces smartly and beautifully. These fixtures offer ambiance in addition to ease of operations and home automation. While a lot of features might seem similar across various brands, one should go through the fine print to be doubly sure before investing in smart lighting fixtures. Various types of fixtures are available under the band of smart lights vis-à-vis bulbs, downlighters, battens, LED strips, etc. One has an option to choose from the various types of fixtures. All the smart lights discussed above are worth considering and the final choice can be based on the varied and expansive features of individual features. To help you narrow down the option, we recommend you go through the insights discussed above.
If there are any smart lights that you feel can be added to the list, feel free to post your suggestions!
Join our newsletter!
Enter your email to receive our latest newsletter.
Don't worry, we don't spam
10 Unique Decor Items That Will Beautify Any Bare Wall
10 Minimalist Home Decor Items To Give Your Home A Modern Upgrade
10 Home Office Products That Are Extremely Helpful
10 Super Products That Will Actually Make Your Desk Most Comfortable
10 Gorgeous Products To Brighten Up Any Plain White Wall
10 Best Products That Will Magically Revamp Any Small Space
Make your home smarter with these 10 best smart plugs! These nifty devices give you remote access to everything in
Upgrade your home or office with the latest smart light bulbs! These devices make your space look brighter and more
Upgrade your home security with one of these ten great smart door locks. They come in many different styles and
Looking for a ceiling fan that conveniently controls with your voice? Check out these ten best-selling models with Alexa!
Upgrade your bedroom lighting with one of these 10 best smart lamps.