5 Best Budget Monitors for Architects and Designers 2021
Disclaimer: planndesign.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. You may read our disclaimer policy for more information.
While selecting a monitor for professional work as an architect or a designer, one needs to consider many technical aspects from the quality of images, resolution, contrast, brightness, performance while working for long hours amongst other factors related to appearance and design.
This might be a little daunting for people buying a new monitor for the first time or even one who is confused by the varieties available in the market that all look the same!
Even if there is a budget constraint, this list gives you the best options to do the job. Below we give you some more details and pointers that will help you in your next purchase:
Tips for choosing the right monitor for architects and designers:
- For designers and people involved in similar professions, it is important to have visual content that provides true-to-life colors on the screen. Therefore, opting for high-resolution monitors and screens that give you a better-quality image is highly recommended.
- It is also important to look for technical specifications that describe the display image characteristics such as image accuracy, brightness, contrast ratio, refresh rate, etc. to achieve the most accurate visual content.
- Architects are used to long working hours, a monitor that allows for ergonomic movement will help reduce back and neck strain over long use.
- Exposure to harmful blue light is a concern that some might miss out on. A monitor with eye care mode that reduces this exposure is a good alternative.
- The larger the screen, the better. With the need for highly detailed editing, one should opt for a large or borderless screen that increases the workable area.
Continue reading to uncover our top picks for the best budget monitors for Architects and Designers:
1. LG 23.8 inch (60.45 cm) Borderless LED Monitor - Full HD, IPS Panel with VGA, HDMI, Audio in/Out Ports and in-Built Speakers - 24MP88HV (Silver/White)
LG 23.8-inch monitor features a borderless LED screen with a high-definition display and accurate color. The borderless design ensures an immersive experience with the included option of a possible wall mount. Additionally, it comes with rich bass inbuilt speakers for clean sound. This is an ideal option for architects and designers as it allows for fluid movement throughout the entire editing process and offers a highly accurate color no matter which angle you are looking from.
- Full High definition with 1920 x 1080 display resolution with a 24-inch display.
- IPS wide-angle display technology with 4 sides borderless screen.
- 16:9 aspect ratio of the screen and 250 cd/sqm typical brightness
- The refresh rate of 60 Hz with a response time of 5 ms along with flicker-free technology
- Connectivity through 1 VGA Port, 2 HDMI Ports, 1 Audio-In Port, 1 Audio-Out Port, 1 Headphone Port, 2 Speakers (10 Watt each)
- 178 degree horizontal 178-degree vertical viewing angles.
- Accessories included: Monitor with stand, power cord, connectivity cables
- Accurate color display with the HD IPS monitor screen irrespective of the viewing angle.
- Life-like images with the borderless screen with a slim bezel on the sides reduce any possibility of distractions while working.
- MAXX AUDIO ensures clean high-pitched and bass sounds with inbuilt speakers.
- The monitor can be wall-mounted as well for better utility.
2. ViewSonic VA2432-MH (23.8 inch) IPS Panel, Full HD Display, SuperClear IPS Technology, 75 Hz Refresh Rate, 3 Side Borderless Design, Dual Integrated Speakers, HDMI | VGA Enabled
This 24-inch ViewSonic monitor has a stylish and sleek appearance that compliments its super clear IPS technology display. With its flexible connectivity, it can be used in different environments ranging from residential quarters to office spaces. It is an excellent monitor for working for long hours as is the case with most designers, made possible with 3 sides borderless screen and eye care technology to help reduce and minimize strain. With clean-cut edges, the monitor adds an elegant look to the workspace.
- Full High definition with 1080p display resolution
- Super clear IPS technology with 3 side borderless screens.
- 75 Hz refresh rate for fluid visuals.
- Connectivity through HDMI and VGA inputs
- Dual integrated speakers
- 178-degree viewing angle for comfortable viewing.
- Eye care technology for minimum eye strain
- Color rendering option eliminating screen tearing and reduced stuttering.
- Environmentally friendly design with low energy consumption.
- Integrated speakers ensure a crisp and clear sound.
3. BenQ BL2420PT (23.8 inch) IPS Designer Monitor for Photo Editing
BENQ BL2420PT is the perfect monitor for architects and designers with its ability to offer CAD/CAM mode, animation mode, video editing, graphic design, etc for finely detailed designs. Longer hours seem to pass by without any issues with its ergonomically designed screen and stand that is highly flexible.
- 2K QHD (2560x1440) resolution
- 8 bit, 100% sRGB, and REC 709 color space with IPS technology
- 24-inch screen with a response time of 5ms.
- Animation mode with 10 levels of display brightness
- BenQ Low blue light technology to filter out harmful blue light.
- Flicker-free for added comfort to the eye.
- 100% of sRGB and Rec. 709 color spaces produce accurate resolution and minimizes color shift.
- CAD/CAM mode brings out clarity in complicated object wireframes.
- Animation mode is specially designed to make working easier in darker areas of the artwork.
- Optimal color precision faithfully represents each color with absolute clarity.
- Desktop partition allows for working on multiple screens simultaneously.
- The monitor can be adjusted to a maximum of 140mm distance between the screen bottom and base for unique viewing tilt/height.
- Auto pivot ensures that the image on the screen is at the right viewing position in case of the monitor being rotated.
4. Dell P Series 24-inch (60.96 cm) Screen Full HD (1080p) LED-Lit Monitor with IPS Panel - P2419H (Black)
This Dell P series monitor is unique with its ultra-thin and bezel design that constitutes a small footprint. With options to pivot, tilt, adjust it is a comfort-enhancing product useful for long work hours.
- 24-inch LED-backlit LCD monitor
- Full HD IPS panel with 1080p resolution at 60 Hz
- 1000:1 contrast ratio and an aspect ratio of 16:9
- Input connectors: HDMI, VGA, Display Port
- Anti-glare 3H hard screen coating
- Cables included: Power cable, display port cable, USB 3.0 Upstream Cable.
- A thin profile provides more room to work and greater flexibility.
- The three-sided ultrathin bezel design gives an uninterrupted view across multiple screens.
- The IPS technology allows for a wider viewing angle along with vibrant colors.
- Clutter-free workspace with an efficient cable management design.
- Prevents exposure to harmful blue light emissions to optimize eye comfort while working.
- Highly adjustable monitor along with a variety of mounts and stands including VESA for increased flexibility.
5. Samsung 59.8 cm (23.5 inch) Curved LED Backlit Computer Monitor - Full HD, VA Panel with VGA, HDMI, Audio Ports - LC24F390FHWXXL (Black)
The curved design inspired by common content consumption formats like newspapers and books, this Samsung monitor provides an unmatched immersive viewing experience and the ultra-slim profile makes a stylish statement and adds an elevated look to the environment. It is highly useful for professional architects and designers that require a comfortable and enjoyable working experience.
- 24-inch curved monitor with a curvature of 1800R
- Full HD curved VA panel with 1080p resolution at a refresh rate of 60 Hz
- Horizontal and Vertical viewing angles of 178 degrees.
- Connectivity ports: HDMI, VGA, Headphone Port
- Flicker-free technology
- The curved monitor screen is its highlighting feature allowing for immersive and uninterrupted viewing.
- Ultra-thin with only a thickness of 0.5 inches and a simple circular stand.
- Clear and smooth images with less motion blur made possible by AMD-free sync technology.
- One can work long hours without any eye strain and harmful blue light emission with eye saver mode.
- 3000:1 contrast ratio renders vibrant and stunning colors with the help of Samsung’s crystal color technology.
- Additional eco-saving plus reduces the use of energy by lowering screen brightness.
After a careful review of the performance and suitability of the monitors, our number one recommendation for this list goes to the BenQ BL2420PT (23.8 inches) IPS Designer Monitor for its amazing features and technical specifications at a budget price.
Hope this list not only helps you in getting the most compatible monitor that works for you but also tells you of the important tips to consider while making your next purchase. Do let us know your suggestions and comments in the section below.
Also, check out The Top 5 Best Desktops/Computers for Architects and Designers
Best Computer Monitors for Designers Best Monitor Buying Guide Best Monitors for architects Best Monitor Online Buy monitor best budget monitors for architects and designers
Product Category Architectural Gadgets
AMAZON AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If this post inspired you, share it with others so that they can be inspired too!!
Relevant Product Guides
Photography is an art, for sure. What creates a twist is when the…
An input device called MOUSE is the main or to be precise, the only…
A drawing tablet is an artist’s companion in the creative field. It…
With the advent of technology, most of the architects have given up…
In the rat race for creating digital content, architects are not…
In a picture- an obsession world, architectural photography is…
In today’s world, gadgets seem to make our lives easier in every…
Popular Product Guides
Most viewed Product Guides
Decorating the walls of your home is one of the ways to beautify the…
For an architect or a designer, the phrase “Carrying around my world…
Every one of us desires a comfortable space or corner to sink in…
In every house, you will find a space that just doesn’t seem to work…
Comfort is directly proportional to productivity and a comfortable…