10 Best Kitchen Hobs (Expert Reviews and Buying Guide)
Disclaimer: planndesign.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. You may read our disclaimer policy for more information.
Hobs are one of the most important accessories in your kitchen. It is that element that puts cooked food on your table. Hobs are improvised versions of traditional stoves. Like the stoves, these are also available with a lot of variations and compared to the traditional steel stoves these are a tad bit heavy on the pocket. With the variety available in the market and the consumer’s eye for aesthetic appeal in the kitchen, one is bound to be confused while choosing the perfect hob top for your kitchen. Fret not! Here is our 7-point buying guide highlighting the essential features to consider while looking for a hob top, followed by a list of a pick of 10 best kitchen hobs to make your choice easier.
1. Size of the hob
The size of the hob matters to a great extent in your selection of the model as per the space availability in the kitchen. There are varied sizes of hobs but the most common size available is 60 x 60 cm.
The size of the hob may further determine the type and size of the chimney that you will be going in for in the future.
The required number of burners in a hob top is determined by the requirement and type of usage of the consumer. The number of burners in a hob range from 2 to 5, with a variation in their powers.
Another criterion to consider when it comes to burners is to check if they have a triple or double ring, this determines the type of flame that the burner gives.
The most common material that the burners are constructed in is brass.
Tip: Try to identify models that come with an additional drip tray with the burner. This helps in cleaning the area easily helping in better maintenance of the hob top.
3. Ignition type
Both auto ignition and manual ignition are available in the market. The auto-ignition function in stoves is operated through a spark plug powered by a battery or in certain cases electricity. The type of ignition the consumer wants is a personal choice.
Consumers have started preferring auto-ignition as it is hassle-free and independent of any external source for lighting up the flame. But do test it before you rest it in your kitchen.
4. Pan support
The pan support is a very important component of the whole assembly. It is the element that supports the pans over the burner. Before taking the final call check the material (preferably coated cast iron) and the stability it provides to the vessels. These can generally be removed for better maintenance of the stove.
5. Flame failure protection
Hob top essentially works with inflammable gas and fire. Flame failure protection feature is a pertinent feature as it helps in cutting off the gas supply if the flame goes off on its own.
6. Type of installation
The hob tops can be in two ways – countertop or built-in. In the countertop format, the hob top is simply kept on the counter while in the built-in type a cut out is made in the counter and the hob is then installed in the cutout. To provide the user with the flexibility for installation type, many models are hybrid. That is they can be used both ways.
The choice of the type of installation also depends on the personal take and aesthetic vision of the user.
This is an important consideration when choosing a hob top, it helps in covering a lot of issues that arise during the period of usage of the product. Read the documents about the warranty carefully before settling in for a brand or model.
Following are the 10 best kitchen hobs that we picked –
1. Faber Hob top Imperia 603 BRB CI BK 3 Brass Burner Auto Electric Ignition Glass Top, Black
- This hob top has 3 brass burners with a black enamel coating to evenly spread the flames for uniform cooking.
- The ignition mechanism is inbuilt auto electric which increases the reliability.
- The pan support is made of heavy cast iron to give it maximum stability for Indian cooking.
- The metallic knobs are heat resistant for a comfortable cooking experience.
- The model can be used as a hob top or flushed into the counter as per the user requirement.
- The compact hob top is designed for maximum gas efficiency.
- The hob top is finished with 8 mm thick toughened black glass. This not only makes the hob durable but also imparts aesthetics to a kitchen.
2. BOSCH Gas HOB PGC6B5B80I
- This hob top has 3 burners of varied powers.
- The builtin hob top is finished in toughened glass with stainless steel colour to create a nice minimalistic look.
- The flame control is managed by sword control knobs.
- It is also equipped with a flame failure safety device.
- This hob top with a clean and minimalistic look is sure to spice up your kitchen area.
3. BLOWHOT Majesty Gas Hob Auto Ignition - 8 mm Glass Top - Two 100 mm Double and One 70 mm Ring Heavy Brass Burners Features Spark Tip - 5 Year Warranty (4 Burner, White)
- This hob top with 4 burners in brass is ideal for Indian cooking.
- Atop the burners are cast iron vessel supports for balancing a variety of vessels.
- The top is finished with 8 mm beveled toughened glass for enhanced durability.
- It is equipped with heavy silicon padding on the bottom to prevent water from flowing inside it and further into the cabinets.
- The knobs provided are smooth and easy to use, made to last for a long time.
- This built-in hob with battery ignition is a considerable option to choose for a contemporary kitchen.
4. Elica Hob 4 Burner Auto Ignition Glass Top - 2 Double Ring Brass, 1 Dual Brass Burner and 1 Mini Triple Ring Brass Gas Stove (Classic MFC 4B 60 MT)
- This hob top has 4 burners of distinct sizes are made of brass.
- It has a premium glass finish which is resistant to both corrosion and scratches.
- The hob top is sure to add aesthetical appeal to the kitchen space.
- It features a multi flame control which makes the hob top highly energy-efficient and also aids in boosting cooking. It also helps in multitasking in the same time frame.
- The flame adjusting knobs are made of premium metal to ensure frictionless rotation.
- The pan supports are made in cast iron to provide adequate stability for cookware.
- The seamless design is sure to add an essence of elegance to your kitchen.
5. Glen 4 Burner Built-in Glass Hob 1074 SQ Double Brass Burners
- This is a 4-burner built-in hob top with the burners are forged in brass.
- The hob top is finished with 8 mm thick toughened glass to resist scratching and staining while cooking. The toughened glass makes the top resistant to impact and heat as well.
- The pan supports are strong and made in mild steel with vitreous enameling to help in supporting all kinds of pans.
- The elegant knobs are painted with Bakelite to resist heat.
- The Italian gas valves are high precision and offer perfect flame control. They are designed to avoid any gas leakage or sim off.
- The hob top with integrated multi-spark auto ignition and matt steel drip tray is a good choice to consider when looking for built-in hob tops.
6. Hindware Kitchen Ensemble Elisa 3B 78cm Built -in-Hobs (Black)
- The hob top supports autoignition.
- It has 3 brass burners with enamel-coated stainless steel drip trays.
- The pan supports are made in cast iron to support a range of vessels.
- The built-in hob top is finished with 8mm thick toughened glass to provide for easy maintenance.
- The metallic knobs impart a stylish look to the hob.
- This elegant built-in model is sure to add a dash of panache to your kitchen and cooking experience.
7. Faber 75 cm Hob top 3 Burner, Auto Ignition (HCT 753-SR CRS LBK CI)
- The 3-burner hob top has cast iron pan supports to accommodate a variety of pots.
- The auto-ignition hob top can be used both as a countertop or built-in as per the user requirements.
- The top is finished with toughened glass for added strength, it is also provided with a glass edge protector.
- The knobs are designed to function smoothly and efficiently.
- The hob top with stainless steel body is a durable option for everyday use, at the same time it is well designed to add the required style to your kitchen.
8. Whirlpool Hob 4 Burner Auto Ignition Gas Stove (Elite Hybrid HD 704 Brass Gas Hob)
- This 4-burner hob top works with auto-ignition that is easy and quick.
- The hob has intellicook brass burners for high efficiency and multi-control flame levels.
- The knobs are made of heat resistant materials to avoid heating up during long hours of cooking.
- The elegant hob top is enhanced with 6th sense technology.
- The hybrid burner can be used as a countertop or built-in module.
- The top is finished with heat resistant toughened glass.
- The hob top is full of style and is bound to add the elegance and efficiency to your kitchen space.
9. Bosch Gas Hob PNH6B6B10I
- This hob top with a black tempered glass top is an elegant choice for your kitchen.
- The tempered glass provides extra strength to the hob top and makes it scratch and corrosion resistant too.
- The flame control is by means of sword knobs which are ergonomically designed for maximum ease.
- It is equipped with a flame failure safety feature that cuts off the gas supply instantly in case the flame goes off.
- This low profile and auto-ignition hob top are easily accessible and quick to clean.
10. Elica Vetro Glass Top 4 Burner Gas Stove (594 CT VETRO BLK)
- The hob top is equipped with 4 burners of varied sizes made in brass.
- The pan supports are euro coated and designed for maximum stability of the pots.
- The top is made durable due to the provision of stainless steel support plates.
- It ensures smooth manual functions with the help of super-stylish yet easy to operate knobs.
- The top is finished with premium quality toughened glass which makes sure that the hob blends well with the contemporary kitchen décor.
A kitchen hob is an essential commodity it makes total sense to gauge the products in the market carefully before settling in for the right one. For me, Bosch Gas Hob PNH6B6B10I is a good option to consider both functionally and aesthetically. However, if you feel that any model that can be added to the above list then please do post your suggestions!
Best Kitchen Hobs Best Kitchen Hobs in India Best Kitchen Hobs Buying Guide Best Kitchen Hobs Online Buy
Product Category Kitchen Products
AMAZON AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If this post inspired you, share it with others so that they can be inspired too!!
Relevant Product Guides
With the growing popularity of modular kitchens, the fad for kitchen…
The modular kitchen is designed to provide comfort, convenience, and…
With this list, we intend to optimize your tiny kitchen and enhance…
Small kitchens are more efficient and comfortable working as compared…
Gas Stoves are the center of every kitchen. The place that gives rise…
A kitchen is the official heart of any home which is also the most…
Modular kitchens are the new normal, not only because of their…
Popular Product Guides
Most viewed Product Guides
Decorating the walls of your home is one of the ways to beautify the…
Architecture is a field where your skills are constantly put to use.…
Whether you’re furnishing your new kitchen or giving a revamp to an…
The ambience and accessories of your workspace and desk contribute to…