10 Best Kitchen Sinks (Expert Reviews and Buying Guide)
Disclaimer: planndesign.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. You may read our disclaimer policy for more information.
A kitchen sink is one of the most important elements in any kitchen. From simply washing your hands to washing vegetables to pans, the sink handles all the tough tasks. One uses the kitchen sink nonchalantly every day. To be able to deal with all the hard work the kitchen sink needs to be aesthetically pleasing yet durable, in sync with the overall décor yet efficient. But the question arises, how do we choose the best kitchen sink.
Following is our buying guide to help you narrow down your options –
The factors to consider while choosing a kitchen sink –
The material choice for the kitchen depends on first, the kind of use that the sink is going to be subjected to; second, the kind of aesthetics that you want to impart to your kitchen. The most durable materials available in the market today are stainless steel followed by quartz granite composites. These materials are long-lasting and are made to absorb sound made by the utensils. However, there are other materials that one can choose from depending on personal preference like copper, cast iron, porcelain, etc.
Size and Shape
While buying a sink its size is an important factor to consider. It can be in relation to the size of the countertop or the kind of usage. It is generally advisable to go in for a standard 24”x18” sink to do perform all tasks comfortably.
In addition to the size, the shape of the sink also matters. One can choose from an array of sink shapes available in the market, but the preferred shapes are rectangular or square bowls with rounded corners.
The kitchen sinks come in different bowl styles vis-à-vis single bowl, single bowl with drainboard, double bowl (symmetrical and asymmetrical). The choice of bowl style depends on the type of use or the size of the family that the kitchen caters to.
Top mount or under-mount
The type of installation that the sink requires is one of the major deciding factors. The installation process would also depend on the fact that the sink is being installed in a new kitchen or is being fitted into an available cavity.
Top mount sinks are essentially drop-in kinds which are easier to fit into an existing cavity while the under-mount sinks are stuck to the undersurface of the cavity. Apart from the installation, there is a slight difference in the aesthetics and practicalities that both processes provide.
After gauging the various determining factors, listed below are our top 10 picks for the best kitchen sinks –
1. CROCODILE 304 Grade Single Bowl Stainless Steel Handmade Sink (24" x 18" x 10" Premium, Best Seller)
- This single bowl sink is made of 304 Grade, TRU16 stainless steel.
- The size of this under-mount sink is 24" x 18" x 10" with a collar thickness of 2 mm.
- The sink has a nice satin finish to it and is also dent resistant.
- It is made of NoiseDefend soundproofing technology which absorbs vibrations thus making it the quietest sink.
- It has a rear set drain and a non-toxic undercoating that prevents condensation thus preventing any damage to the cabinets.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
- The sink is an elegant product and would certainly match most of the kitchen settings.
2. ALTON Quartz Granite Single Bowl Kitchen Sink (Black, 10.8 Kg, 24 x 18 x 8 Inch)
- This sink measuring 21” x 18” x 9” is made of quartz granite.
- It is heat resistant and can withstand temperatures of up to 280°C.
- The sink is designed with a dual mount installation making it suitable to be installed either as drop-in top-mount or under-mount.
- The thickness of the stone makes it sound absorbing and shock-resistant.
- The rounded corners allow for a more usable workspace.
- The surface can be cleaned easily and is highly resistant to stains, dirt and bacteria.
- The single bowl sink has a timeless style that is sure to add a statement to the kitchen it is installed in.
3. ZINZER Granite Quartz Acrylic Kitchen Sink (24 Inches, Granular Grey)
- This sink is made of pigmented Quartz and acrylic with a matt granular finish.
- The sink measures 24” x 18” x 8”.
- The sink is made to resist temperatures up to 250°C.
- It is simple to clean and offers high resistance to scratches or stains.
- It can be installed in three ways – top mount, flush mount or under-mount.
- The sink has an elegant look and offers high shock resistance for abusive kitchen use.
4. 10x Luxury Kitchen Sink, 1.2 mm Thickness, 24x18 x9-Inch (Silver)
- This sink is made of high-grade stainless steel and measures 24” x 18” x 9”.
- It has a satin finish with high resilience and is easy to clean.
- The sink is made with NoiseDefend soundproofing technology and an undercoating of non-toxic SoundGuard technology to absorb maximum sound.
- The single bowl sink has rounded corners for better usability.
- The protective undercoating helps in preventing condensation thus saving the cabinets from any damage.
- The base of the bottom has a gentle slope towards the drain to ensure that the water doesn’t stand inside the bowl.
- With its clean look, this sink is bound to match most of the kitchen styles.
5. CROCODILE 304 Grade Single Bowl Stainless Steel Handmade Sink (24" x 18" x 10" Black Matt)
- This sink with a black matt finish is made of high quality 304 Grade stainless steel.
- The overall size of the sink is 24" x 18" x 10" with a 2 mm thick collar.
- The surface is easy to clean and is resistant to scratch and dirt.
- The sink can endure high temperatures.
- It has an X shape drainage system for faster and efficient water drainage.
- The rounded corners provide for better accessibility to the corners.
- The sink is made with NoiseDefend soundproofing technology which helps in absorbing vibrations and reducing the noise.
- The non-toxic undercoating helps in preventing condensation thus averts damage to the cabinets.
- This is a chic add on to your kitchen paraphernalia.
6. CITRA Matte Nano Technology Under Mount Single Bowl Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink (Black, 600 x 450 x 250 mm, 9 kg)
- This sink is made of dent-resistant T304 TRU16 stainless steel, measuring 24” x 18” x 9”.
- The art nanotechnology renders the sink resistant to scratches.
- It is made using NoiseDefend soundproofing technology with SoundGuard undercoating to make it soundproof.
- The sink can withstand temperatures of up to 280°C.
- The sink has a graceful satin finish, which is easy to clean and is sure to compliment most of the kitchen accessories.
7. SILVERLINE Low Radius Double Bowl Stainless Steel Sink (Silver, 31"x18"x8")
- This double bowl sink has an overall measurement of 31” x 18” x 8”.
- It is made of high grade 304 stainless steel which makes it durable and long-lasting.
- Rounded corners make for better usability.
- The sink can be easily cleaned and is low on maintenance.
- This satin finish sink with the double bowl is an ideal choice for most of the kitchens.
8. CROCODILE® 304 Grade Stainless Steel Single Bowl Kitchen Sink with Drainboard HI Gloss Finish (37" x 18" x 8", Glossy)
- This sink is made of high-quality 304-grade stainless steel.
- It is a single bowl sink with stainless steel drainboard.
- The overall size of the sink is 37” x 18” x 8” with the size of the bowl being 16” x 14” x 8”.
- The use of high-quality steel makes it dent-proof and enhances the durability of the sink.
- This sink has a glossy finish to it.
- The sink is perfect for people who prefer having a drainboard besides the sink.
9. ZESTA Oval Bowl Stainless Steel Vessel Sink (21X18X9-inch, Silver)
- The sink measuring 21” x 18” x 8” is made of high-quality stainless steel.
- It has a rear set drain which helps in improved space of the sink bowl.
- It is easy to maintain.
- The rounded corners make for more workable space inside the sink bowl.
- The surface is resistant to stains and scratches.
- The glossy finish of the sink can enhance any kitchen space.
10. CROCODILE® 304 Grade Stainless Steel Double Bowl Kitchen Sink (32" x 18" x 8", Glossy)
- This double bowl sink is made of high-quality 304-grade stainless steel.
- The overall size of the sink is 32” x 18” x 8” with individual bowl measuring 16” X 14” X 8”.
- The sink can endure high temperatures.
- This sink has an antifungal undercoating and sound deadening padding.
- The sink is easy to clean and resistant to dents and stains.
- The rounded corners help make this sink efficient.
- This glossy sink is a good choice to work efficiently in various kitchen settings and match with accessories.
The kitchen sink is the soul of a kitchen, the right decision can make the kitchen come to life. Choose the sink based on size, shape, color, material, etc. to best suit the ambiance of the kitchen. These were the 10 best options to choose from, however, it is difficult to point to just one sink from the list as the choice for a sink is a very personal one.
Nevertheless, if you think there is a kitchen sink that can be added to the list, feel free to post your suggestions!
Also, check out 10 Best Kitchen Sink Mixer (Expert Reviews and Buying Guide)
kitchen sink kitchen sink buying guide best stainless steel kitchen sink choose the right kitchen sink Kitchen sink online buy
Product Category Kitchen Products
AMAZON AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If this post inspired you, share it with others so that they can be inspired too!!
Relevant Product Guides
Kitchen, the soul of every home needs to be carefully attended to and…
Modular kitchens are the new normal, not only because of their…
The Kitchen is the core of the house, so as the sink that holds the…
Hobs are one of the most important accessories in your kitchen. It is…
Keeping a neat, organized, and the hygienic kitchen has a direct…
With the growing popularity of modular kitchens, the fad for kitchen…
The chimneys have been present in the kitchen area for quite a long…
A kitchen is the official heart of any home which is also the most…
Popular Product Guides
Most viewed Product Guides
An Architect or a Designer mostly count on their tools for any kind…
An architect’s desk is the place where the bread butter of an…
A white wall at first can be daunting and what most people would…
In today’s era of digital technology, we depend on laptops for…
Are you the one who likes to use a laptop on the bed while working or…