10 Must Have Gadgets to Set Up a Home Office
Disclaimer: planndesign.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. You may read our disclaimer policy for more information.
The work conditions are constantly changing and we are observing a trend of increased work from home scenarios. It is now widely stated that the current pandemic situation might end up changing our work environment permanently, if not for all but surely for a lot of people.
This might prompt one to start taking home office more seriously in the sense of having a well-organized system of working from home ready at all times. Although furniture plays an important role, however the primary and the most fundamental aspects of an effective home office are electronic gadgets. Today, you simply cannot imagine work without these basic units of an office system. So, in this list, we address this growing issue by providing you with a list of 10 essential gadgets you will require to set up an effective home office. If you’re someone who would like to know more about the same, this list is for you!
1. All-in-one PC - Lenovo AIO 330 F0D7001AIN 19.5-inch All-in-One Desktop (J4005/4GB/1TB/DOS/Integrated Graphics), Black
The primary device you require to set up your workstation at home is undoubtedly the PC. For a professional environment, it is better to invest in an all-in-one PC set instead of a laptop as not only is it more reliable but also the ergonomics work out much better with a full PC set giving you flexibility with your viewing level, keyboard, and mouse.
- The desktop has a simple and sleek design with a curved body and steel stand.
- The 19.5” LED screen is adjustable with a sunflower stand giving you maximum comfort and flexibility while working.
- It has an innovative noise-free built with a fan-less design. The cold plates help in lowering the machine temperature.
- It features a clear display with IdeaCentre AIO 330, ample storage, high-speed performance with 4GB DDR4 Memory, and powerful productivity with cutting edge intel Celeron J4005 processor.
- It comes with a wired keyboard having a slim design and adjustable tilt along with a high precision ergonomic mouse.
- This is a one-stop solution for setting up a home office. Apart from its diverse capabilities, it has a cable collector to prevent your workspace from getting cluttered with the wiring.
You can check out more computer desktop here The Top 5 Best Desktops/Computers
2. Wi-Fi System- TP-Link Deco M9 Plus Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi, Up to 4500 sq ft Coverage, Works with Amazon Echo/Alexa and IFTTT, Wi-Fi Booster, Antivirus and Parental Controls Router (20-Pack)
There is no denying that the importance of a strong wi-fi connection is paramount for your workplace. From research to online meetings, to searching for inspiration and even basic communication, having a good connection is not an option but a pre-requisite for any workplace.
- This is an ensured way to maintain a strong and steady internet signal throughout your home, making work possible in every corner of your house.
- The 3 units work in a unified way to give a seamless wi-fi experience enabling automatic connection to your various devices.
- It can easily cover an area of about 4,500 sqft and provide a speed of up to 2134 Mbps that works with major internet service providers and modems.
- It promises a lag-free connection to a maximum of 100 devices even from busy networks.
- It is equipped with parental and app controls ensuring safe usage of the internet and can be paired with Alexa to control the device by simple voice commands.
- This is a reasonably priced and easy to install a system that gives you an extended and even internet connection in every nook and corner of your house.
3. An uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS)- APC BX600C-IN 600VA/360W UPS System for Personal Computers, Home Entertainment
‘Precaution is better than cure’- an uninterrupted power supply ensures you are not caught off-guard in times of sudden power outages. It prevents you from halting mid-way on your important assignments and provides you with an additional time period to secure your data safely.
- It gives you an uninterrupted power supply to continue working in times of power shortages and save you from losing data.
- This 230V battery backup comes with a surge protector that keeps your electronic devices safe. Moreover, it automatically adjusts to high and low voltages giving your PC a steady and suitable voltage level.
- It comes with audible alarms and automatic self-test to let you know when your battery needs to be replaced.
- It is efficient as it has a reduced battery recharge time and can be recharged while running on generator power.
- It comes with very useful features such as LED- Indicators that give you a quick status of the power conditions, Battery charging indicator to show you when it is being charged and when it completely charged.
- It is designed to save battery and provide thermal run-away prevention to keep your surroundings safe.
4. Multifunction Printer- HP DeskJet 3835 All-in-One Ink Advantage Wireless Colour Printer (Black
For your home office, you would need various statements, documents, and papers in hardcopies that you will have to deal with regularly. Depending on an external printer/scanner/copier will cost you a lot of time and money. Setting up a multifunction printer near your workstation at home is a blessing that can save you from all of that inconvenience.
- This all-in-one printer is a must-have as you can get it to connect to your phone, tablet, or PC.
- This wireless device offers you colored printing scanning, faxing, and copying.
- Its compact design allows you to place it in tight spaces like your desk or table corner.
- With the printer remote mobile app, you can scan and print your documents on the go.
- The printer is able to print 6-8.5 pages per minute and supports A4, A6, B5, DL Envelope sizes. It is capable of printing 1000 pages per month.
- It is a speedy device that keeps up with your working speed and does not act as a hindrance to your work like most other printers.
5. Extension Cord- GM 3060 E-Book 4 + 1 Power Strip with Master Switch, Indicator, Safety Shutter & 4 international sockets
It is impossible to imagine a workspace without multiple electronic devices whether it be your laptop charger, adapter, phone charger, speaker, etc. having the options of extra plug points available at an arm’s length can save you a lot of inconvenience making a power strip an essential item to have at your desk.
- This four in one power strip allows you to plug in four devices at the same time.
- Its spike guard ensures that your devices are protected against the surge. Additionally, the sockets come with safety shutters to provide safety in case you are around children.
- It comes with fire-retardant protection. It has a cable length of about two meters thus it can act as an extension cord for your devices.
6. Bluetooth speaker- JBL Flip 3 Stealth Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker with Rich Deep Bass (Black), Without Mic
A calm and peaceful environment can boost your productivity especially when you’re working alone. Some light or lively background music can keep you company and give you the right motivation to keep you going all through the day. A Bluetooth speaker can rescue you on a dull day at work with the music of your choice.
- Keep your home office environment relaxed with this wireless JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth speaker.
- It gives a high-quality output with dual external passive bass radiators.
- With its unique and contemporary design, you can place it anywhere and add a bit of style to your home office.
- It has premium construction with an IPX7 rated exterior, durable fabric, and waterproof design that makes it long-lasting.
- It runs on a rechargeable 3000mAh Li-ion battery and gives you a non-stop 10 hours of playtime.
7. Web Cam- Logitech Webcam HD B525
A webcam is required for meetings and video calls for your PC setup unless you are working on your laptop. A basic webcam with a good quality lens and decent audio pickup will do the job. So, I would suggest an average priced webcam that offers flexibility in use would be a good addition to your PC set.
- This webcam gives you an HD quality video recording experience along with a highly rated microphone that picks up the slightest sound.
- The webcam captures video at 30 frames per second delivering clear images even in ordinary light.
- The built-in autofocus is a bonus as it maintains sharpness even as close as at a distance of 10 cm.
- Its foldable and compact design allows you to carry it and use it on-the-go making it travel-friendly.
- With a universal mounting clip, it can be clipped on your electronic devices within seconds to get on with your video conference, meeting, or discussions.
8. Backup Drive- Seagate Expansion Portable 1.5TB External Hard Drive HDD – USB 3.0 for PC Laptop (STEA1500400)
This is an essential storage device that offers additional storage in an external drive. It can also act as a backup for important work documents and files in case you face any issues with your primary working interface.
- The Seagate hard drive provides easy storage of up to 1.5 TB (larger versions are also available)
- It can be used to access the stored data easily and offers a quick transfer with a USB 3.0 port.
- It has universal compatibility with windows as well as Mac.
- The simple design allows you an easy plug-and-play with any additional devices.
- It can be used as and when required with its high portability, you can carry it around without a second thought.
9. Charging Station- Live Tech PS06 with 6 USB 3 Universal Sockets 3.4 A Smart Spike Power Strip Auto-ID USB with Extension Cord with USB Port and Surge Protector Ports with Indicator, 2 mtr, Free 2 Charging Cable (PS06)
A smart spike strip or a charging station is a one-stop solution for charging requirements offering both power outlets as well as USB Ports for your home office. This gadget, in particular, offers high utility and is one you would not regret buying.
- The power strip comes with 3 anti-splash and dust outlets along with 6 smart fast-charging USB Ports that can be used simultaneously.
- It has a fire-resistant exterior covering with copper wire cord to ensure safety in use and low heat.
- With a white body, it sits well with almost all interior finishes.
- It has a push power button to switch the power on and off and an LED Indicator to display the same.
- This charging station with its variability in plugging different devices makes it highly desired especially if you’re new and not sure of what kind of charging station you might require in the future.
10. Smart LED Lamp- Wipro Garnet 6W LED Table lamp-3 Grade dimming and Color Changing(Cool Day Light/Neutral White/Warm White)
Ample lighting for the desk is something that should not be compromised as lack of it can affect the sensitivity of your eyes in the long run. Also, it might make it extremely difficult and uncomfortable for you to work in dark/dimly lit areas, thus having a steady source of light through a lamp desk is essential for the workspace.
- This desk lamp is a no-frills product. With a simple design and efficient lighting, this product will not burn a hole in your pocket.
- The exterior of the body is made from ABS Thermoplastic which ensures longevity and the LED lamp ensures glare-free lighting of the task area.
- The touch switch allows easy color changing and dimming features. The lighting can be changed from cool daylight to neutral white to warm white options.
- The flexible gooseneck allows higher adjustment in lighting.
Although working from home may seem like a tricky place to start, however, these gadgets will definitely assist you on this journey of yours. This list aims to cut out the difficult trial and error process and time required to research the best products and instead we have done it for you!
Get ahead at your work with these efficient items and keep us posted on new technology. If you have any thoughts, let us know in the comments below.
Also, check out Work From Home- 10 Must Buy Products to Maximize Productivity
Best gadgets for home office electronic devices for home office work from home gadgets home office devices Home office gadgets buying guide
Product Category Office Products & Furniture
AMAZON AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If this post inspired you, share it with others so that they can be inspired too!!
Relevant Product Guides
In-office, having a stress free day while executing out the daily…
In this edition of work from home products, we bring to you a list of…
The office is the place where one spends a good amount of their day.…
We spend a good portion of the day by wasting our time looking out…
Working from home is not as easy as it seems to be. To develop a…
With the individuals and companies adopting work from home concept,…
Though a conference room chair might not be as much used as a regular…
Be it work in the office or work from home, most of our work habits…
Popular Product Guides
Most viewed Product Guides
In today’s workaholic world, people often do not wish to leave any…
If you come to think of it, everything is eventually becoming…
A kitchen is the official heart of any home which is also the most…
Architecture is a kind of profession which does not get completed in…
The work conditions are constantly changing and we are observing a…