The Top 10 Gadgets, Every Architect Must-Have
Disclaimer: planndesign.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. You may read our disclaimer policy for more information.
The days when architects used to work with ink and paper on a drafting table are long gone. The thrill of shifting from a drafting table to a digitized platform is unmatched in terms of speed and efficiency. Having the right devices at your disposal for various architectural tasks and longevity of use decide the quality and quantity of the work you will accomplish.
The architectural gadgets in the present time are not only designed to increase productivity but are also fun to play around with. If you find your work mundane and you are unaware of essential architectural gadgets, you are at the right place as we bring to you a list of Top 10 Gadgets, every Architect must-have. So, let’s get started with what you are missing out on!
1. Laser Tape Measure- Bosch GLM 40 Laser Distance Measurer
If the task of measuring is too difficult for you to handle alone with a tape measure, this gadget will give you the freedom of taking measurements single-handedly. A laser tape measure helps you in taking dimensions of the spaces with a laser beam and saves you from the trouble of using traditional tape measures.
- This is a super-efficient gadget specifically designed for taking accurate measurements, an alternative to a tape measure.
- It has a small and compact design to make it easy to carry around on-site visits.
- It is a durable product and is made splash water and dust resistant for working comfortably at construction sites.
- This gadget features a memory function that stores your last 10 measurements in case you are unable to note them down.
- The device can be used easily by a single person for length measurement, continuous measurement, area, or volume measurements. The measurement range lies within 0.15m-40m.
- The soft handgrip and precise measurements make this product indispensable for an architect.
2. USB Drive- SanDisk Ultra Dual 32GB USB 3.0 OTG Pen Drive
A USB Pen Drive lets you carry and transfer massive amounts of data with the help of a tiny component. Keeping a USB that is compatible with your phone and Laptop can let you have access to all the data you might require.
- This multi-device pen drive is extremely useful for architects.
- It can be connected to a laptop, tablet as well as android based smartphones with a type B micro USB.
- This high-speed USB has a retractable design that shrinks into a tiny component that can be stored anywhere easily.
- It can store up to 32 GB with a transfer speed of 150MB/s.
3. Portable Charge- Mi 10000mAH Li-Polymer Power Bank 2i (Black) with 18W Fast Charging
As an architect who is constantly traveling from sites to client meetings to offices, you need all your gadgets to be powered and running at all times. A portable charger helps you recharge your devices on the go without the usual electrical outlets.
- This sleek and lightweight power bank is ideal for architects as it can be stored in your bag without taking up much space to recharge your devices.
- The aluminum alloy casing with a 180-degree ergonomic design gives it a good grip.
- It offers 18W fast charging and a two-way quick charging feature with a charging time of 4.5-6 hours.
- The high-density Li-Polymer Batteries add durability to the power bank and its 9-layer of circuit chip protection gives you safe user experience. It further enhances the power bank’s charging efficiency.
- This gadget is your savior in times of crisis to bring your gadgets back to life.
- This is made universally compatible and is capable of charging almost all the different devices. It comes with dual USB output so that you can charge multiple devices at the same time.
4. Digital SLR Camera- Canon EOS 1500D 24.1 Digital SLR Camera (Black) with EF S18-55 is II Lens, 16GB Card and Carry Case
A DSLR Camera is a quintessential product to get high-quality images from sites and travels. Taking pictures of new environments and nature also gives the architect a creative boost and inspiration to emerge with better designs.
- This DSLR Camera is meant for creative people who love to experiment with photography and video making.
- It is equipped with a 24.1-megapixel APS-C-size CMOS sensor that captures every detail a human eye can see. The image can further be zoomed in for an enlarged view.
- The camera adds an artistic touch to images with a blurred background image focussing and displaying the aesthetic qualities of the subject.
- It gives high-quality output with high definition and little noise with its DIGIC 4+ imaging processor.
- This EOS 1500D camera gives high-quality images even in dimly lit scenes.
- This camera provides you all the features required for architectural photography and the steady and firm hold of the camera makes it easily handleable even by beginners.
Also, check out The Top 5 Best Canon Lenses
5. Hard Drive- Seagate Expansion Portable 1.5TB External Hard Drive HDD – USB 3.0 for PC Laptop (STEA1500400)
This is another essential storage device. It can also act as a backup for important work documents and files in case you face any issues with your primary working interface.
- The Seagate hard drive provides easy storage of up to 1.5 TB (larger versions are also available)
- It can be used to access the stored data easily and offers a quick transfer with a USB 3.0 port.
- It has universal compatibility with windows as well as Mac.
- The simple design allows you an easy plug-and-play with any additional devices.
- It can be used as and when required with its high portability, you can carry it around without a second thought.
6. USB Combo Hub- AmazonBasics USB 3.1 Type-C to 3 Port USB Hub with Ethernet Adapter – White
For architects who require additional devices to be plugged into the laptop which is the case for most, this is a highly recommended product to make your life less complicated. One can plug-in everything they want with this simple product.
- The USB combo hub converts USB type-c to a set of 3 USB type-a ports.
- Additionally, it gives you an ethernet port for your laptop or tablet.
- It allows fast data transfer with a speed of 5 GBps on USB type-a ports.
- It is compatible with windows and Mac OS and chrome.
- It is available in black and white colors and weighs about 2.56 ounces, making it light and painless to add to your bag.
7. Noise Cancelling Headphones- boAt Rockerz 450 Wireless Bluetooth Headphone with Up to 8H Playback, Adaptive Lightweight Design, Immersive Audio, Easy Access Controls and Dual Mode Compatibility (Luscious Black)
With the increasing use of the virtual mediums for meetings and group discussions, a decent headset is a must-have for architects. Noise-canceling headphones ensure you are not being distracted regardless of your working environment.
- These headphones provide noise cancellation reducing distraction from background noise.
- It gives you high-quality sound with an HD immersive audio experience possible through the 40mm premium drivers.
- These headphones are heavy duty as they give you an 8-hour battery backup that will last you an entire workday.
- The wireless feature of this device is a blessing due to Bluetooth V4.2 that gives an efficient connection with your laptop o, computer, or tablet.
- Alternatively, it can be connected with an aux wire that does not drain out any battery.
- The contemporary design of the headphones is appealing and the soft corners give a comfortable fit.
- This is the product to go to with its built-in mic, easy operational controls, and a charging time of just 3 hours.
8. Graphic Tablet - Wacom One by CTL-472/K0-CX Small 6-inch x 3.5-inch Graphic Tablet (Red/Black)
We are observing a much greater use of digital platforms and communication methods. Producing raw data in a digitized format saves you time in conversion, this tablet and pen set replaces your time in converting your content from pen and paper without any change in the way and ease of use.
- This ergonomic tablet ensures that you are in complete harmony with your work. It enhances your creativity by bringing the hand sketching and editing experience to your computer.
- This tablet and pen set are portable with a dimension of 14.6 x 21cm and a width of 0.9cm.
- With an easy plug-in USB, you are able to connect your tablet to your PC within a matter of seconds and it comes with configurable buttons to play with the settings.
- The pen is battery-free and requires no charging.
- It is pressure sensitive and lightweight giving you a natural writing/ sketching experience.
- This set is enough to take care of your sketching, editing, and drawing needs which are essential everyday tasks for any architect or designer.
Also, check out The Top 5 Best Drawing Tablets for Professional Artists
9. Smart Pen- Staedtler 990 01 Digital Pen - Blue
Now conveniently transform your hand-drawn sketches with the ease of using normal pen and paper to digitized data without any lag, possible with a smartpen. An extremely handy and convenient gadget for architects and designers, this smartpen can be used anywhere at any time.
- This product is compatible with normal paper.
- It helps you in digitizing notes, sketches, etc. on your device directly.
- The pack comes with 3 refills for the pen, USB cable, and batteries.
- All you need for it to work is to clip on the sensor and that’s it, you can start working.
- It is designed in a slim way to make it functional and easy to keep it in your pocket or bag like any other pen
- You can also convert your handwritten text to computer text with the help of an adaptive handwriting recognition software with ease.
Also, check out The Top 10 Best Smartpens for Architects and Designers
10. Add-On Phone Camera Lens- SKYVIK Signi Pro 2 in 1 (Wide+Macro) Clip on Mobile Camera Lens Kit for iPhone, Samsung and Other Smartphones.
There are many instances where an architect might have to take high-quality, wide pictures but carrying a professional DSLR might not be feasible as they are quite bulky. For such instances, one can easily bring a clip-on camera lens which serves the purpose without taking up massive space and provide you with the ease of carrying it everywhere.
- This is an excellent addition to your phone camera. This is a high-quality lens carved from aluminum alloy and coated glass that reduces reflection and glass flare giving you HD picture quality.
- It gives you the option of taking pictures of complete landscapes perfect for taking street views and urban life with its 0.45X wide-angle lens.
- The 15x macro lens makes your phone capable of taking your close-up images to the next level in terms of quality and crispness.
- It is an easy product to use that comes with a clip-on to convert your regular camera into a professional one at a paltry price.
At a time when gadgets and electronic devices are shaping the academic and professional worlds, it becomes essential to be able to match with the tech-savvy fraternity for compatible outputs at best qualities. This list of gadgets is designed to aid you and to help you keep up with the relevant technology in architecture and design.
So, without wasting any more time, get your hands on these must-have gadgets especially selected for architects.
Embrace technology and make the work simpler!
Also, check out The Top 10 Dream Gadgets every Architect would Desire
Must-have architectural gadgets electronic devices for architects List of Best Architectural Gadgets Architectural Gadgets Buying Guide Architectural Gadgets Online Buy
Product Category Architectural Gadgets
AMAZON AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If this post inspired you, share it with others so that they can be inspired too!!
Relevant Product Guides
Tablets today have become more than devices that were used to browse…
Photography is an art, for sure. What creates a twist is when the…
An Architect or a Designer mostly count on their tools for any kind…
A drawing tablet is an artist’s companion in the creative field. It…
For all the CAD professionals out there, we all understand how…
In the rat race for creating digital content, architects are not…
Mankind has attained unimagined heights in various fields and all…
Popular Product Guides
Most viewed Product Guides
Hobs are one of the most important accessories in your kitchen. It is…
Mirrors have been used to accentuate and ornament spaces for…
Keeping a neat, organized, and the hygienic kitchen has a direct…
Walls are the major elements that contribute to setting the mood of a…