The Top 5 Best Desktops/Computers for Architects and Designers
Disclaimer: planndesign.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. You may read our disclaimer policy for more information.
Architecture and Designing is a kind of profession that needs massive processing power to carry out various tasks simultaneously. From an AutoCAD drawing to working on its 3-D model to rendering it in software, it's a lot of work at one hand. Although Laptops are best for their portability, however, desktop computers are the powerhouses of high performances. Desktop-based workstations seamlessly engage to develop projects efficiently. So at times, it becomes a headache to choose which processor having how much RAM storage or internal drives is required to get the work done. From All-in-ones to power booster CPUs, let us see our top pick solutions to get the projects done more adeptly.
Without further ado, let us discuss the best desktops/computers for Architects and Designers:
1. HP HP 23 AIO 2019 23.8" FHD Touchscreen IPS-WLED Backlit Micro Edge Display AIO Desktop Computer
HP 24-f0066 is a 23.8-inch full HD screen is an All-in-one desktop computer. Featuring a dual-core 2.2GHz Intel Core processor with integrated Intel UHD graphics, it can work efficiently in multi-tasking among different software. As per your usage, you can upgrade its processor. This is an affordable choice for such remarkable features it possesses.
- HD screen with impressive color and clarity.
- Intel UHD Graphics 620 with a touch screen option.
- 3-in-1 Memory card Reader
- 8 GB RAM for advanced multitasking
- Antiglare technology ensures easy visibility
- ZBD IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit three-sided borderless display
- It offers tilt angle of -5 degrees to 20 degrees
- This PC can keep mobile devices charged with its two USB 3.1 ports
- Displays more with an ultra-thin bezel and has an adjustable tilt stand allowing you to work from multiple perspectives
- Includes a mouse and keyboard for immediate setup
2. Microsoft Surface Studio (Intel Core i7, 32GB RAM, 2TB)
Microsoft Studio is All-in-one PC, a desirable workstation for professionals. Although its extravagant price tag will make few turn their backs on it, but not professionals. Its 28-inch pixel-sense display offers a huge canvas to work your creativity through means of software or draw creatively by surface pen. It can easily transform from a desktop to a Studio in no time.
- Quad-core 6th Gen Intel Core i5 or i7 Processor
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M 2GB GPU GDDR5 memory or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 4GB GPU GDDR5 memory
- A memory of 8GB or expandable up to 16GB or 32GB
- 1024 levels of pen sensitivity with a 10-bit color depth
- Includes Surface Pen, Surface Keyboard, and Surface mouse.
- Brilliant display with effortless coloration
- The incredibly thin screen gives a premium look.
- Zero gravity hinge that moves display from different angles.
- Dual microphones and Stereo 2.1 speakers with Dolby Audio Premium
- Supports Surface Pen and Zero Gravity Hinge
- Effortlessly transforms from Desktop to Studio
3. Apple iMac (21.5-inch, 2.3 GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 1TB)
Discussing technology without Apple is just not possible. A 21.5-inch LED Backlit display with basic 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor which can be upgraded by 3.0 Hz dual-core Intel Core or 3.6GHz dual-core Intel Core Processors. It is packed with the latest processors, faster memory, and phenomenal graphics along with the most vibrant Retina display ever on a Mac.
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 to work with maximum velocity
- Radeon Pro 555X with 2GB of GDDR5 memory in 3.6GHz Intel Core processor
- 1 TB hard drive storage and two Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- Speedy and spacious fusion drive.
- In the box: 21.5 inch iMac or 21.5 inch iMac with Retina 4K display, Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse 2, Power cord and Lightning to USB Cable
- Designed with features to reduce its environmental impact
- Available in stunning 4K or 5K, show off real-world color with more balance and precision.
- Visual effects and 3D graphics exhibit the best performance.
- Turbo boost enhances more power while working.
- Pixel density is superb giving a sharp and clear picture.
4. CORSAIR ONE PRO Compact Gaming Desktop PC, i7‐8700K, GTX 1080, 480GB M.2 SSD, 2TB HDD, 16GB DDR4, VR-Ready
Corsair is a well-known American computer hardware company with its liquid-cooled Intel Core i7 8700K CPU is just what a designer needs in his desktop to carry out multi-tasking along with heavy renders. CORSAIR ONE PRO takes PCs to an incredible level with fully custom liquid cooling technology and an incredulous compact form factor.
- NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card
- CORSAIR DDR4 memory with six-core in one
- Liquid Cooling CPU/GPU
- 960GB 2.5” SATA SSD and a smoothest machine ever.
- Framework made of aircraft-grade aluminum and resistant to surface wear and tear
- Astonishingly quiet due to liquid cool technology of GPU and CPU
- Standard sized components, anytime upgradable
- Flexible storage options with subtle ambient lighting
- It generates no virtual sound.
5. Lenovo IdeaCentre 520 All-in-One PC, 23.8" Screen, AMD Ryzen 3, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive, Windows 10 Home
Lenovo’s Idea center 520 is an All-in-one computer powered by the 8th Gen Intel Core i5 processor. It is appreciated for its razor-thin sleek design, apt for any room you place it in. It also gives a solution to the webcam fright; for those who fear to disclose personal space unknowingly, this PC provides pop-up webcam which opens only when you command it to.
- 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-8400T Processor
- 27-inch Quad HD wide-angle viewing touch screen
- Intel® UHD Graphics 630 and 8GB DDR4 2666 MHz memory
- Far-field Microphone and 2 x 3watt speakers
- 1080p HD pop-up IR web camera
- 27 inches of QHD touch screen generates crystal clear resolution
- New Type-C USB Port accelerates data transmission speed
- Cortana’s assistance from across the room or up to a distance of 5 meters away
- Retractable WebCam ensuring privacy
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology delivers dynamic extra power
I am sure, the above guidelines will help our readers choose the right desktop computer for carrying out designing works on the workstation. Also, my favorite is none other than Microsoft Surface Studio. Of course,it is pricey but perfect for designing and definitely worth the money. Also, the feature of turning desktop to Studio transfiguring, using the surface pen will definitely enhance the creative presentation of my imagination of the thought. Please do let us know in the comment section below, if we missed any desktop/computer that you think should have been made in the list. We would love to hear from you!
Also, check out The Top 5 Best Business Laptops for Professionals
Best Computer Desktop for Architects Best Computer for Architecture Students Best pc for Architects Best Computer Desktop Buying Guide Best Computer Desktop Online Buy
Product Category Architectural Gadgets
AMAZON AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If this post inspired you, share it with others so that they can be inspired too!!
Relevant Product Guides
A scientific calculator is an extremely handy and essential accessory…
An input device called MOUSE is the main or to be precise, the only…
While selecting a monitor for professional work as an architect or a…
In today’s world, gadgets seem to make our lives easier in every…
The days when architects used to work with ink and paper on a…
With the advent of technology, most of the architects have given up…
Mankind has attained unimagined heights in various fields and all…
In a picture- an obsession world, architectural photography is…
Popular Product Guides
Most viewed Product Guides
Home is where the heart is, no matter how small or big a dwelling is…
If you’re fed up with your boring old home decor and are looking for…
Architects are always known to be smart and shrewd when it comes to…
Empty corners are probably the more difficult spaces to design and…
Tablets today have become more than devices that were used to browse…