The Top 5 Best Budget Lenses for an Interior Architectural Photography
Disclaimer: planndesign.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. You may read our disclaimer policy for more information.
Photography is an art, for sure. What creates a twist is when the field of photography is bounded in a way or other, such as interior architecture photography where the photographer has to plan ideas out of the blue. After selecting a branded camera, the next significant step is finding a perfect lens that will account for the needs of the project. When we talk about lenses for interior photography, we talk about the aperture, focal length, wide-angle, prime or zoom lens, etc. All these factors indeed create a hole in your pocket because cameras and their accessories are expensive, very expensive at times but here we present our research for the budget lenses for our readers that won’t hinder the way of clicking simply the best.
With multifarious brands and features, it is a head-scratching task to choose a perfect as well as a budgeted lens that won’t break one’s bank.
Without any further delay, let us discuss the best Budget Lenses for an Interior Architectural Photography:
Also, check out The Top 5 Best Cameras for Architectural Photography
1. Canon EF50MM F/1.8 STM Lens for Canon DSLR Camera
Canon EF50MM F/1.8 STM Lens is a compact and lightweight lens for professionals. It produces impactful and artistic photographs with a wide aperture which also results in a beautiful blur background. It is a feature-rich lens that meets all the requirements for interior photography with its portability and unmatched performance that comes at affordable prices.
- Focal length and Maximum Aperture of 50mm f/1.8
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.35m
- Its construction consists of 6 elements in 5 groups.
- 48° diagonal angle of view with a 48 mm filter size.
- The circular seven-blade design produces sharp and crisp images.
- Gear type STM delivers near-silent and speedy autofocus.
- Suppresses flare and ghosting with digital era coating.
- Delivers great image quality with a fixed non-zooming lens.
- Offers image renders with perfect color balance and bokeh effect.
- Manual focus adjustments are simple and easy to deal with.
- Compatible with all EOS cameras
- Works simply amazing even in dim lighting.
2. Nikon AF-S DX Micro 40mm F/2.8G Prime Lens for Nikon DSLR Camera
Nikon AF-S DX Micro 40mm F/2.8G Prime Lens is a compact and lightweight DX-format close-up lens that is perfect to capture intricate details of interiors. Its standard focal length provides high resolution and required contrast to the pictures. The optical performance of the lens reduces aberrations. This lens has stunned the various shock tests and inspections by being highly durable and weather resistant.
- 40 mm DX-format macro lens
- Manual, Manual/Auto Focus Mode with autofocus controlled by Silent Wave Motor
- Two focus modes and allows quick switching between them
- Included Accessories: AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G Fixed Zoom Lens for Nikon DSLR Cameras, Lens Hood, Screw-on Front Lens Cap, LF-4 Rear Lens Cap, CL-0915 Soft Case
- Remarkable optical performance throughout the whole frame.
- Reveal hidden beauty sharp images from infinity to life-size.
- Close-ups are captured beautifully with a 1:1 ratio.
- Low light performance in interiors is excellent.
- Quick and smooth autofocus offers versatile performance in interiors photography.
- It consists of an AF motor which helps click sharp and crisp images of intricate details.
3. Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4.0-5.6 Di LD Macro Telephoto Zoom Lens for Nikon DSLR Camera
Tamron AF70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro Lens is a compact top tele zoom lens with macro 1:2 function. This lens gives a solution to distortion and chromatic aberration that happens while shooting wide-angles in interiors. It produces insanely sharp images of interior or exterior, escorted by image stabilization performance that reaches up to 4.5-stops. At a price that it comes with amazing features, it is indeed a good deal.
- Minimum Aperture F/32 and Maximum Aperture F/4-5.6
- Minimum focusing distance: 0.95 m
- Maximum magnification ratio 1:2
- Focal length: 70-300 mm
- Optional Accessories: Integrated flower-shaped hood, Lens Cap (push-on front, rear)
- A powerful and advanced quality lens with the macro switchover.
- It consists of 13 elements in 9 groups, giving the required quality to interior photography.
- This lens can be used on digital APS-C sized or full-frame camera
- Low Dispersion produces great sharpness to picture quality.
- Autofocus performs very well.
4. Sony SEL50F18F E Mount Full Frame 50 mm F1.8 Prime Lens (Black)
Sony SEL50F18F E Mount Full Frame is a wide-angle lens that grants incredible shots of interior scenes through effective built-in optical image stabilization. It offers astounding performance in a lightweight and compact design. It has a maximum aperture of F4 through the zoom range that you can zoom and shoot at any aperture without worrying about changes in exposure settings or depth of field.
- Large F1.8 Maximum Aperture
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.45 m
- 0.14x Maximum Magnification Ratio
- The focal length of 75 mm
- Including components: Lens hood, Lens front cap, and Lens rear cap
- Chromatic aberration is simply perfect with this primes lens.
- Produces cleans, sharp and delicate image.
- Works best even in low lighting conditions.
- Double gauss configuration vanquishes field curvature and distortion.
- Perfect ergonomics with solid durability and premium look.
- Fast DC motor with a focus actuator system.
5. Olympus M. 40-150mm F4.0-5.6 R Zoom Lens (Black) for Olympus Micro 4/3 Cameras
Olympus M. 40-150mm F4.0-5.6 R Zoom Lens is an affordable telephoto lens designed in a stylish black body. It is perfect for close-ups as well as long-distance captures. It offers a great deal for shooting a different subject like portrait, landscape, interior photography, and also works tremendously in low lighting as well.
- Macro focus range: 90 cm
- Focal length 40-150mm
- Field of view: 80-300 mm
- Maximum reproduction ratio of 1:6.25
- Lightweight portable design
- MSC provides fast, near-silent focus and aperture performance
- Superlative performance with smooth focus and zoom controls
- Fast focus on bright scenes with compatible autofocus
- High power zoom produces sharp and crisp image quality
- Good optical quality with a great build
- Pairing with PEN or OM-D body produces razor-sharp images
We hope that the above suggestions will help you choose the right lens without creating a hole in your pocket. Whilst my personal favorite is Nikon AF-S DX Micro 40mm F/2.8G Prime Lens because of exceptional features it offers. The wide-angle focal lengths deliver crisp and sharp images for interior photography. The selective focus helps to isolate the subject creating a beautiful impact on the final image. Continuous autofocusing is indeed the best of it which made this lens my favorite. Do let us know in the comment section below if we missed any lenses, which you think should have been on the list.
Architectural Photography Camera Buying Guide Best Camera for Architects Best Camera Online Buy Best Lenses for Interior Architectural Photography Best Camera for an Architectural Photography
Product Category Architectural Gadgets
AMAZON AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If this post inspired you, share it with others so that they can be inspired too!!
Relevant Product Guides
While selecting a monitor for professional work as an architect or a…
In today’s world when we have started relying on the digitized tool,…
With the advent of technology, most of the architects have given up…
An input device called MOUSE is the main or to be precise, the only…
While doodling or sketching, many of you would have thought if the…
In a picture- an obsession world, architectural photography is…
In the rat race for creating digital content, architects are not…
A scientific calculator is an extremely handy and essential accessory…
Popular Product Guides
Most viewed Product Guides
For all the CAD professionals out there, we all understand how…
Making models is a very important part of an architect’s life –…
Are you beginning to feel like your work is taking over your living…
Modular kitchens are the new normal, not only because of their…
Just because you have a small bathroom space doesn’t mean you have to…