The Top 5 Best Nikon Lenses for an Interior Architectural Photography
Disclaimer: planndesign.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. You may read our disclaimer policy for more information.
In a picture- an obsession world, architectural photography is reaching new heights. New trends are being set now and then for visual understanding. Therefore this ever-growing competition offers no room for mistakes and compromises with the quality of producing high-end work. So, while shooting, settling for the right lens has supreme significant importance other than a premium camera. Here, we will be discovering the 5 best Nikon lenses for architectural interior photography. Nikon is a well-known and trusted brand by millions of photographers worldwide and undoubtedly the best in the business of lenses. Let us explore the options that will satiate the adoption of a perfect lens for indoor and outdoor photography.
So without any further delay, let us discover the world of NIKON:
Also, check out The Top 5 Best Cameras for Architectural Photography
1. Nikon AF FX NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D Lens for Nikon DSLR Cameras
Nikon AF FX NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D Lens is a D- type lens for Nikon DSLR Cameras. It creates a natural perspective in the photographs through its 50mm focal length. Affordable in range and offering stunning sharp images, this lens is a perfect travel partner for architectural photography that works well in any kind of light.
- Depth of field control goes f/22 of f/stop
- Closest focusing distance of 0.45m
- Maximum reproduction ratio - 1/6.6
- Optional Accessories: Front Lens Cap LC-52, Rubber Screw-in Lens Hood HR-2, Leather Cylindrical Lens Case CL-30S, Rear Lens Cap LF-1, Soft Lens Case CL-0715, Front Lens Cap LC-52
- D-type normal lens that is lightweight and sturdy
- Brilliant in any light and great low light results
- Even in maximum aperture, provides high contrast image
- Silent and accurate high-speed autofocusing
- Silent Wave Model technology renders quiet and veracious sharp images.
- Fast primes lens with manual aperture control.
- Creates a natural perspective in photographs
2. Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Telephoto Zoom Lens for Nikon DSLR Camera
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Telephoto Zoom Lens is a new ultra-high ratio zoom lens for Nikon DX-format digital-SLR cameras. It has a one-lens solution due to its proficiency in multifarious situations from the breathtaking wide-angle cityscapes and landscapes to action-stopping close-ups. Hence, well suited for architectural photography.
- Covers an extremely wide range of focal lengths; a zoom magnification of 11.1x.
- Closest focusing distance of 0.5m
- Maximum reproduction ratio of 0.22x
- Optional Accessories: Front Lens Cap LC-72, Rear Lens Cap LF-1, Bayonet Hood HB-35, Flexible Lens Pouch CL-1018
- Vibration Reduction II (VR) for dramatically sharper images
- Offers two Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements with a zoom lock switch
- Super Integrated Coating for enhanced color contrast and reduced flare
- Offers fast and accurate autofocus with Silent Wave Motor
- Responsive towards change between manual and autofocus operation.
3. Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens is a prime lens optimized for DX-format cameras. Its wide aperture of f/1.8 allows for remarkable performance in low light conditions, making it effective for a range of photography. It attains tremendous sharpness with gentle blurs in background fostering impeccable portraits and close-ups. It also comes with a UV protection filter, but of course with an additional amount.
- Depth of field control goes f/22 off/stop
- Closest focusing distance of 0.3m
- Maximum reproduction ratio - 0.16x
- Optional Accessories: Bayonet Hood HB–46, Flexible Lens Pouch CL-0913, Rear lens Cap LF-1, Front Lens Cap LC-52
- A lens with a compact and well-balanced design
- Two focus modes available — M/A (manual-priority autofocus) and M (manual focus)
- Natural blur effect due to seven-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-performance optical system
- It offers extreme control over the depth of the field in perfect clarity.
- Virtually eliminate ghosting and flare.
4. Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR Lens
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR Lens an FX-format compatible, telephoto zoom lens with a fixed maximum aperture of f/2.8 throughout the entire zoom ranges. It has a lightweight body for a large-aperture lens featuring professional specifications. The front lens element has been coated with fluorite making it resistant from dirt and smudges. This is an expensive lens, primarily for professional use, so spend wisely.
- F mount Type E AF-S lens with built-in CPU
- Closest focusing distance of 1.1m from focal plane at all zoom positions
- Automatic electronic aperture control Diaphragm
- Optional Accessories: LC-77 77 mm Snap-On Front Lens Cap, LF-4 Rear Lens Cap, HB-78 Bayonet Hood, CL-M2 Lens Case
- Upgraded AF Drive and AF Tracking Performance
- Improved Vibration Reduction (VR) Function incorporates Sport Mode
- Shortened minimum focus distance and increased maximum reproduction ratio from 0.11x to 0.21x
- Nano Crystal Coating on the lens effectively minimizes ghost and flare effects even for difficult scenes such as when light enters from different directions.
- Works perfectly in low light producing
5. Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR F/4.5-29 Fixed Zoom Camera Lens
Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR F/4.5-29 Fixed Zoom Camera Lens is a perfect choice for those who are looking for a zoom lens with an affordable ultra-wide-angle zoom lens. With a shortened focus distance of 0.22m and the maximum reproduction ratio of 0.17x, dynamically rendered subjects with wide backgrounds can be achieved. This is a favored lens with remarkable results at a price that won’t break the bank.
- F mount Type E AF-P DX lens with built-in CPU
- Closest focusing distance of 0.22m from focal plane at all zoom positions
- Fully automatic Diaphragm
- Optional Accessories: LC-72 72 mm Snap-On Front Lens Cap, LF-4 Rear Lens Cap, HB-81 Bayonet Hood, CL-1015 Lens Case
- Zoom lens with 10-20mm focal length that enables ultra-wide-angle shooting
- This lens has built-in Vibration Reduction (VR) function, proportionate to a shutter speed 3.5 stops faster which reduces the blur effects caused by camera shake.
- High image quality through exceptional optical performance
- Focus Ring with improved operability
- Easy to handle with lightweight and compact design
- It incorporates a near-silent fast Auto-focus Stepping Motor.
Hopefully, the above suggestions will help you choose the right lens for your photography skills. Whilst my personal favorite is Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Telephoto Zoom Lens due to its ultra-high ratio zoom lens in an affordable range; just what I need for architectural photography. Do let us know in the comment section below if we missed any lens, which you think should have been made to the list.
Best Lenses for Interior Architectural Photography Architectural Photography Camera Buying Guide Best Camera for an Architectural Photography Best Nikon Lense for Interior Architectural Photography
Product Category Architectural Gadgets
AMAZON AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If this post inspired you, share it with others so that they can be inspired too!!
Relevant Product Guides
Architecture and Designing is a kind of profession that needs massive…
An input device called MOUSE is the main or to be precise, the only…
A drawing tablet is an artist’s companion in the creative field. It…
In today’s world, gadgets seem to make our lives easier in every…
An Architect or a Designer mostly count on their tools for any kind…
The days when architects used to work with ink and paper on a…
Mankind has attained unimagined heights in various fields and all…
A scientific calculator is an extremely handy and essential accessory…
Popular Product Guides
Most viewed Product Guides
Making models is a very important part of an architect’s life –…
Bathrooms are essentially the lifelines of homes. An efficient and…
What is an artist without its tools? It goes without saying that an…
Walls play an important role to create the ambiance of space and…
Empty corners are probably the more difficult spaces to design and…