Work from Home- 10 Best Ergonomic Gear Worth Buying
Disclaimer: planndesign.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. You may read our disclaimer policy for more information.
In this edition of work from home products, we bring to you a list of the best ergonomic gear that would help you be productive and keep your body healthy and in check at the same time.
It is essential to understand the importance of comfort at work in today’s environment where you have stress due to deadlines and the pressure to produce perfect work while you are already overworked. For the same reason, a whole industry has been developed to help people remain healthy and positive with small gears and components that can be added to your workspace and relieve this discomfort. In this list, we bring to you some useful ancillary components to transform your work area for the better.
Also, check out Work from Home- Top 10 Essentials to Make your Life Easy
1. Lower Back Lumbar Support Pillow- Orthowala Executive Lumbar Support for Chair - Gold Series- ideal for Chair sofa & car chair back support - Long Size
If you’re looking to make your sitting posture more upright but are not willing to invest in a new chair, you should definitely check out a lower back lumbar support pillow to provide you with the right ergonomic support and shape for your back and neck. It is also helpful for people suffering from chronic back pain or other back conditions.
- This is compatible with most chairs and is perfect if you’re looking for an ergonomic attachment to your uncomfortable chair.
- It aligns perfectly with your spine to keep it straight and in a healthy posture for prolonged sitting.
- It comes with a flexible strap to provide easy attachment to chairs.
- It is easy to move around so if you’re feeling bored with your work position and would like to change to another location you can do it without having a hard time.
- It is made with breathable fabric and can be removed and washed easily.
You must check out the Top 10 Best Lumbar Support Pillows for Office Chairs
2. Foot Rest- AmazonBasics Foot Rest - Black
It is essential that you keep getting up from your desk every hour or so to prevent aching of muscles. Even during the time you’re sitting there should be a good footrest available to provide for small movements and correct angles as the human body require such regular movements for healthy blood flow.
- This footrest provides your feet to be positioned at the right angles with respect to your body.
- It is made from high-quality materials like durable plastic making it long-lasting.
- It gives you the options of two height elevations and tilting for optimum comfort.
- It has a textured surface that massages the feet and the footrest does not slip away with its user-friendly stay-put design.
3. Sit-stand Desk- Seville Classics Tilting Mobile Laptop Computer Desk Cart with Stopper Ledge, Height-Adjustable from 23.6 to 36.4" H, Black
A good ergonomic desk provides one with increased compatibility with your remaining work equipment or gadgets. It takes care of your posture by giving the option of sitting and standing working positions and is easy to transform from one position to the other.
- The Seville classic desk cart is an innovative product that caters to professionals working from a home office or remote working location.
- It has a very unique twistable tabletop to allow you to work at any angle possible.
- With an adjustable height from 23.62" to 36.41" one can use it as a standing work desk or lower its height and use it with a chair or stool. The height adjustment is controlled by a simple knob.
- It also comes with rolling casters for mobility and two of them can be locked to prevent the workstation from moving.
Also, check out 10 Best Ergonomic Sit-Stand Desk for Working from Home Buddies
4. Ergonomic keyboard- Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard for Business (5KV-00001 )
The purpose of an ergonomic keyboard is to ensure that your wrist and forearms have to undergo minimum strain while working by keeping them straight and maintain a balance between the left and right sides. It gives you additional support to achieving more which a regular keyboard tends to lack.
- Microsoft offers this best-in-class ergonomic keyboard to solve all your working woes with its personalized design.
- The cushioned palm rests do not end abruptly but are extended to provide a natural and relaxed positioning.
- With the split keyset, one gets much greater flexibility in moving their hands and allows for custom utilization of the keyboard and the desk space.
- Its selling point is its unique curves and arcs which align perfectly with the formation of the hands and fingers while working.
Also, check out The Top 5 Best Keyboard for Designers
5. Ergonomic Mouse- AmazonBasics Ergonomic Wireless Mouse - DPI Adjustable - Black
Your work gear should provide you with comfort and reduce fatigue even if you have been working for long hours. An ideal mouse is designed to do the same and should focus on keeping your wrists straight and in natural positions. It should also allow easy and optimal use for better performance.
- This is an ergonomic mouse everyone would love to get their hands on. It combines advanced ergonomic design and technology to give you an elevated performance.
- It promotes better wrist movement through reduced muscle strain and wrist pressure. It has also got rubberized sides which provides a comfortable hold
- It has been designed to work on most surfaces like Glass, Metal, Wooden etc.
- The user has optimal control of the mouse with adjustable optical tracking up to 3600 dpi resolution reducing hand movements and fatigue.
Also, check out The Top 5 Best Mouse for Designers
6. Seat Cushion- Cushina Memory Foam Seat Cushion - Premium Orthopedic Coccyx Cushion - For Relief Of Lower Back Tailbone Pain And Sciatica - Medically Proven Lumbar Support Pillow Portable for Ergonomic Chair
A seat cushion can provide you with the required nudge to keep your posture correct. They are also proven to soothe aches and back pains, so what better addition to your workspace than an effective seat cushion to heal and improve your core muscles.
- This seat cushion distributes weight evenly and reduces pelvic pressure for better support.
- It is an orthopedic wedge cushion that has been designed to decrease pressure on the lower thigh to give you unrestricted blood flow.
- It is made from premium quality memory foam that contours along the curves of your lower body.
- It has a non-slip base and easy to clean with a removable cover.
7. Lapdesk- MemeHo Smart Multi-Purpose Laptop Table with Dock Stand/Study Table/Bed Table/Foldable and Portable/Ergonomic & Rounded Edges/Non-Slip Legs/Engineered Wood (Normal Wood)
A laptop table is a good alternative to a standard desk. It is comparatively much cheaper and highly portable. You can work on it from possibly anywhere in your house. It can also be placed on your existing desk to provide an elevation or on your bed to improve your posture.
- This multipurpose desk is made from durable powder-coated metal tubes with a wood top board.
- With its simple easy-to-use design and anti-skid quality, it can be set up anywhere to be used instantly.
- It has a foldable frame and is compact. With a curved tabletop design it fits perfectly with your body.
- It can take up quite a bit of load going up to 15 kg.
8. Monitor Arm- AmazonBasics Premium Single Monitor Stand - Lift Engine Arm Mount, Aluminum - Black
Since most of the time working is spent in front of the screen it is evident that having a decent posture is dependent on your positioning of the desktop screen with respect to your eyes, neck, and back. A monitor arm gives you that adaptability to move around and play with your sitting/ standing positions and angles maintaining the right distance from your face.
- It is built with a gas spring hovering system giving it ultimate flexibility.
- It has height adjustment, swivel action, tilt, and rotation options which work in synergy with your body posture and its requirements.
- It is compatible with almost all sizes and brands of monitors. So, one does not need to worry about its setting up.
- It can be easily clamped up on the desk by a C-type clamp that is strong and durable.
9. Arm Rest- AB SALES Adjustable Computer Arm Rest Ergonomic Attachable Computer Table Arm Support Stand Desk Rests Chair Extender for Home Office
Get rid of your struggles with marks and redness on your arms due to long hours spent at your work desk. An armrest takes the load off of your elbows and transfers it to the armrest ensuring your arms are straight or at a neutral position reducing upper body strain.
- This armrest with a combined mouse pad is flexible and can be attached to both the desk as well as your chair.
- The in-built wrist support reduces pressure and fatigue in your wrists and forearms.
- The use of memory foam as wrist support protects your hand from numbness and pain.
- It can be attached to either side of the desk with a durable clamping system.
10. Bean Bag Chair- Amazon Brand - Solimo XXXL Bean Bag Cover (Black with Pink Piping)
If you’re tired of sitting at your desk and the back pain is starting to get to you, try a bean bag chair might offer the required help. It can provide your back comfort and relieve strain. So, if you like to work on your laptop it will be no trouble to shift from your desk to a comfortable bean bag chair once in a while.
- It is made with leatherette fabric which Is double stitched to prevent wearing and tearing of the product by giving it additional strength.
- The opening is protected with a Velcro and zipper to prevent the beans from spilling.
- The material quality is best-in-class and fades resistant.
- It has a 2kg beans requirement for maximum comfort. It has a handle strap attached for ease in carrying around.
Whether you require a secondary workspace or you wish to convert your study to a home office, these products will help you achieve an excellent working environment. This list has mostly displayed additional ergonomic gear you can add to your existing setting, however, if you are willing to go all out then getting our last two picks would be a game-changer.
Upgrade your workspace and share with us your thoughts. Do suggest any products you would like to mention that have missed the list in the comments sections.
best ergonomic home office essentials ergonomic office products Ergonomic office products for work from home best ergonomic gear for home office ergonomic office products buying guide
Product Category Office Products & Furniture
AMAZON AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If this post inspired you, share it with others so that they can be inspired too!!
Relevant Product Guides
With the individuals and companies adopting work from home concept,…
In today’s era of digital technology, we depend on laptops for…
Though a conference room chair might not be as much used as a regular…
Visitor chairs are important for the office environment as every…
The office is the place where one spends a good amount of their day.…
Be it work in the office or work from home, most of our work habits…
We all have had love-hate relationships with the chairs we spend…
Popular Product Guides
Most viewed Product Guides
Mankind has attained unimagined heights in various fields and all…
We are increasingly getting dependent on laptops for multiple…
Whether you’re furnishing your new kitchen or giving a revamp to an…
Architects and designers are generally dependent on various portable…