The Top 5 Best Cameras for Architectural Photography
Disclaimer: planndesign.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. You may read our disclaimer policy for more information.
The finest picture quality with the ongoing trend of DSLRs, mirrorless camera, APS-C DSLRs have changed the photography language, a language that can be understood anywhere in the world with the art of a buckle and twist of photographer’s imagination. So is the demand for a state-of-the-art camera that offers high-quality work. This photography mania has entered into the world of architecture too by making it crucial in the field of architecture to take resolution photos to broadcast on the internet or publish in magazines, newspapers, articles, portfolios, etc. Architectural photography requires intricate detail, precision, patience, and creativity to capture the masterpiece. But in the technologically advanced markets these days, one might find himself contemplating on which model to buy out of a plethora of options available based on brand, lens quality, panoramic heads, polarizing filters, equipment accessories, and most importantly, its value of money. So, we present our suggestions for the top five cameras, sought-after keen research that will be beneficial for professional architects, aspiring photographers, and also architectural students.
Here’s the list of the top five best cameras for architectural photography explored for our readers. You can compare the following cameras based on various parameters to suit your requirements and budget. Have a look and see what might work for you!
Also, check out The Top 10 Dream Gadgets every Architect would Desire
1. Sony a7 III Full-Frame Mirrorless Interchangeable-Lens Camera (with 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Lens)
SONY needs no introduction with its incredible hybrid autofocus system. It offers a back-illuminated image sensor and evolved image processing system that fulfills various shooting needs with high-quality imaging capabilities that you would expect only of a full-frame camera.
- Touch panel with auto/manual display selector.
- Made from robust magnesium alloy body.
- Full frame image sensor.
- Approximately 200-210 minutes of battery life.
- Included components: AC Adaptor AC-UUE12, Accessory shoe cap, Body cap, Eyepiece cup, Lens cap, Lens hood, Lens rear cap, Micro USB cable, Rechargeable Battery NP-FZ100, SEL2870, Shoulder strap.
- Newly developed 24.2MP 35 mm full-frame Exmor R™ CMOS sensor and enhanced image processing.
- Phenomenal AF performance and 10fps continuous shooting.
- Full-frame 4K HDR movie recording and pro-class movie features.
- External flash control and shoots at the fastest speed.
- High connectivity ensuring a smooth flow of work.
- Highly effective noise reduction technology.
2. Canon EOS 80D 24.2MP Digital SLR Camera (Black) + Sennheiser XSW-D Portable Digital Camera-Mount Wireless Microphone System (XSW-D Portable ENG Set)
Canon EOS 80D brags a viewfinder coverage of 100%. The 80D is the successor to the Canon 70D, adding a newer sensor and more advanced autofocus capabilities. This camera is best for amateur as well as for those with experience capturing stunning portraits. It has enhanced Dual Pixel CMOS AF, 7.0 fps with Continuous Shooting - Capture Images One Step Ahead. Remote shooting and image sharing with smart devices are also made simple as the camera supports Wi-Fi and NFC.
- 24 megapixel APS-C CMOS + DIGIC 6.
- 45 point All Cross-Type AF.
- Battery life approximately 960 shots according to CIPA rating and 1390 shots when used without flash.
- Included components: Digital SLR Kit with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is STM Lens.
- 7.0 fps High-Speed Continuous Shooting with 24 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 6 Imaging Processor.
- Microphone and headphone jacks along with single card slot.
- ISO: 100 -12800 sensitivity range (critical for obtaining grain-free pictures, especially in low light.
- 4 types of AF – Area modes to select for different AF situations.
- Full HD resolution of the video with full manual control and selectable frame rate.
3. PANASONIC LUMIX G7 4K Mirrorless Camera, with 14-42mm MEGA O.I.S. Lens, 16 Megapixels, 3 Inch Touch LCD, DMC-G7KK (USA BLACK)
Panasonic’s revolutionary camera with 4K technology is ultra-compact, class-leading, and simply perfect. LUMIX G7 is the next generation mirrorless camera with an interchangeable lens. With the welcoming of new DMC-G7K, users will be able to record video in 4K allowing to extract a picture frame out of the video and save it as 8-megapixel image.
- Fast and precise autofocus with the silent shooting.
- High-speed autofocus.
- Capability of image recovery.
- Approximately 350-360 images of battery life (CIPA standard).
- Included components: Hot Shoe Cover, Body Cap, Battery Pack, Battery Charger, USB Connection Cable, Shoulder Strap, DVD, AC Cable, Lens Hood, Lens Cap, Lens Rear Cap.
- LUMIX DMC-G7KK Interchangeable Lens Camera Kit with 14-42 mm Lens – Black.
- Intuitive controls for easy access to common functions.
- Wi-fi connectivity feature of DMC-G7K enables easy sharing and geotagging.
- Flexible usage allows for combining multiple accessories at once.
- Compatible with high-performance BUS Class memory cards.
- Most precise focus control and also provides noiseless shooting options.
4. Canon EOS 5D Mark IV 30.4MP DSLR Camera (Body) + Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary Lens + Arctic Fox Camera Bag with Lens, 15.5" Laptop & Tripod Holder
Canon’s best-selling full-frame EOS camera EOS 5D Mark IV is a 4th generation model, equipped with 30.4 megapixels full-frame CMOS sensor and highly sought-after Dual Pixel CMOS AF. The iTR AF system detects and tracks subjects to maintain focus. This camera thrives at low- light photography.
- Built-in Wi-fi connectivity and G.PS.
- Canon Log capability.
- Approximately 3 hrs 50 minutes of battery life.
- Included components: May include tripod stand with a bag, camera gadget bag, memory card, EF lens kit, as per selected configuration on site.
- 30.4 megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor with 61-point reticular AF.
- Auto ISO and minimum shutter speed.
- Full frame sensor delivers stellar image quality.
- New Lock Switch feature enables to lock the touch screen.
5. Nikon D7200 24.2MP Digital SLR Camera Body Only (Black) with Card, Camera Bag
Nikon’s D7200 is the most advanced DSLR in the DX range. The advanced Multi-CAM 3500 II autofocus sensor module has magnified abilities. It captures sharp images from interior to exterior even in low light with the significant focusing performance, lens compatibility, and wide AF coverage.
- Single-lens reflex digital camera.
- Accessory terminal provides wireless remote controllers.
- Approximately 1110 shots and/or movies of approximately 80 minutes of battery life.
- Included components: Rubber Eyecup DK-23, Body Cap BF-1B, Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL15 with terminal cover, Battery Charger MH-25a (comes with either an AC wall adapter or power cable of a type and shape that varies with the country or region of sale), Eyepiece Cap DK-5, USB Cable UC-E17, Strap AN-DC1 BK.
- 30.4 megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor with 61-point reticular AF.
- The optical viewfinder provides approx. 100% frame coverage in DX format.
- Multifarious modes to select from AF-Area.
- Continuous shooting capability enabling the light-trail photography option.
The above-stated products are picked based on quality, versatility, caliber, etc. and my favorite has to be none other than “ Canon EOS 80D 24.2MP Digital SLR Camera”. I would simply call it “beast of the industry” because of its perfect battery life, touch screen, lenses, shutter speed, and everything. Do let us know in the comment section below, if we missed any camera, that you think should have been on the list.
Best Camera for Architectural Photography Best Camera Online Buy Architectural Photography Camera Buying Guide Best Camera for Architects
Product Category Architectural Gadgets
AMAZON AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If this post inspired you, share it with others so that they can be inspired too!!
Relevant Product Guides
While doodling or sketching, many of you would have thought if the…
In today’s world, gadgets seem to make our lives easier in every…
In the rat race for creating digital content, architects are not…
Architecture and Designing is a kind of profession that needs massive…
Photography is an art, for sure. What creates a twist is when the…
While selecting a monitor for professional work as an architect or a…
An input device called MOUSE is the main or to be precise, the only…
Popular Product Guides
Most viewed Product Guides
Work from home has become the new normal these days. As a result,…
Decorate your home for the festival of lights by lighting up every…
For all the CAD professionals out there, we all understand how…
Drafting boards are one of a kind indispensable tool for architects…