10 Best Drafting Tables for an Architecture Student
Drafting tables are designed according to new technology and specifications needed by Architects and students with great features like durability, sturdy construction, and attractive appearance. It is made of an adjustable top with a slanted angle for better writing and drafting.
Getting the right drafting table is important as an Architect requires comfort, support, and accessibility while working on any project. Despite computer software commonly used, these are still used in the early stage of sketching and designing.
The tables are available in various types of mechanics and materials in the market.
How to choose the drafting table:-
1. Size- Drafting tables occupy a lot of space so, always select the appropriate size according to the preferences like for smaller space choose a portable size drafting table and large space opt for four post drafting tables.
2. Angle and adjustments- Choose the best drafting table that has the right angle and better height adjustments, thereby reducing stress and providing comfort all day long.
3. Material- Drafting tables are made with various materials like wood, heavy steel frame, tempered glass, etc. so it is highly important to select the best table from good quality materials that have long-lasting use and is worth the money.
4. Extras- Some additional features to consider are lockable drawers to protect your items, easy to assemble, long warranty period, padded stool, armrests, and footrests to provide extra comfort all day long.
So there is a list of top 10 drafting tables that have been selected based on these factors, let’s take a look.
Also, check out The Top 10 Best Mechanical Pencils for Architects and Designers
1. Vision Craft Station in Silver/Blue Glass
- The table is constructed with a heavy gauge steel frame and includes three slide-out drawers with four removable side trays for storage of the and office supplies and writing instruments.
- It features high-quality tempered glass that is durable and sturdy in construction.
- Also, the top angle can be tilted up to 70 degrees; due to this, it provides a comfortable working surface.
- This table is manufactured by studio designs, a brand that is famous for quality craftsmanship.
- The table is mounted on 4 casting levelers and two of them are locked providing maximum comfort and mobility, therefore it is an ideal choice for the artists and architects.
2. Studio Designs Comet Center with Stool SilverBlack 13325
- This one is designed with contemporary style and blends easily with your office or home décor.
- The table working surface can be adjusted up to 20 degrees according to your requirements; moreover, it has additional storage space with 3 drawers to store all essential drawing tools.
- Another added feature is it comes with a padded stool for all the comfort and convenience.
- The table offers great build quality, attractive appearance, and affordable price.
- Cons- The worktop angle tilts only up to 20 degrees as compared to the other tables.
3. ZENY Glass Top Adjustable Drawing Desk Craft Station Drafting Table Tempered Glass Top Art Craft Desk w/2 Slide Drawers and Wheels
- This table features a heavy-duty steel frame and can carry weight up to 130 pounds, Also this one is quite easy to assemble.
- The top angle can be adjusted from flat to 60 degrees and measures 41.25x24x31.5 (LxWxH). Furthermore, it has 2 easy-slide drawers and 2 trays for your storage supplies.
- It has a tempered safety glass top provided with ample storage space like 2 slide-out drawers and 4 removable trays for the office tools.
- The table is crafted with four smooth-rolling casters that allow flexible movement.
Cons-It might experience some unstable movement if wheels are locked improperly.
4. Studio Designs Futura Advanced Drafting Table with Side Shelf
- This drafting table has a sturdy and thick glass top, provides a solid working surface, and has a contemporary style plus professional appearance.
- The table has been designed using heavy-gauge steel construction and includes four-floor levelers, therefore it's quite durable and stable.
- The table has a working surface of 38x24 inches and the top angle can be adjusted up to 35 degrees.
- It comes with three added drawer storage unit for holding your pencils and other tools.
Cons- It features poorly written instructions and is tough to assemble.
5. Vintage Rustic Oak Drafting Table, Top Adjustable Drafting Table Craft Table Drawing Desk Hobby Table Writing Desk Studio Desk, 42''W x 30''D
- The top angle can be adjusted up to 90 degrees with a great antique finish it offers you a pleasant and convenient workspace.
- It has a spacious working surface of 42” with 24” pencil ledge and features an adjustable height.
- This one is designed with superior quality wood and has a rustic classic look and offers a 10-year warranty for long-lasting use.
Cons- The table consists of a lack of storage space.
6. OneSpace Craft Station, Silver with Blue Glass
- This one is quite a functional drafting table with huge working surface, furthermore, the tabletop angle can be tilted to 62.5 degrees providing quality and support in one product.
- It includes two easy-slide drawers with removable trays on both sides for writing tools such as pens, pencils, scales, etc.
- The table features a heavy steel frame and consists of 4 smooth-rolling coasters out of which 2 are locked giving maximum movement
7. STUDIO DESIGNS Eclipse Craft Center in Black/Black 13365
- This beautiful 3-piece set is made of sleek modern design and will be a great addition to your workspace.
- It has a main working surface of 35.5’’ W x 23.5’’D and top angle adjustment from flat to 40 degrees.
- The table features ample storage for the writing tools and other office supplies, also it comes with a stylish padded stool for ease and comfort.
- The table is constructed with 6-floor levelers and made of a heavy steel frame, thereby making an ideal choice for the architects
8. ZENY Height Adjustable Drafting Draft Desk Drawing Table Desk Tiltable Tabletop w/Stool and Storage Drawer for Reading, Writing Art Craft Work Station
- It has multi-functional use like height adjustments, tilt angle up to 45 degrees, easy to assemble, and comes with a stool.
- The table is constructed with powder-coated iron legs and wooden finish work surface for durability and long-lasting usage.
- Also, the iron legs are designed with footpads providing stability and floor protection.
- Two large drawers with a side tray for all your office supplies, moreover, an additional shelf on the bottom for other tools and accessories.
9. Studio Designs Pro Craft Station (White / Maple)
- The deluxe craft table has 45 degrees tilted angle, a padded footrest, and offers 4 wheel casters for mobility and stability.
- It features four removable side trays, 3 slide drawers for ample storage space, and 24” pencil ledge to hold your pencils and lock into place whenever needed.
- This one is a great option for architects as it could be utilized to serve many functions.
Cons- It is a little difficult to assemble.
10. Tangkula Drafting Table Art & Craft Drawing Desk Art Hobby Folding Adjustable w/Stool (Black)
- The table has a wider tilt angle and can be set according to your needs and specifications.
- It features a dense metal frame and made of a high-quality MDF board with a large weight capacity.
- Another added feature is three fabric drawers for storing office supplies and also a steel shelf beneath the top for holding bulkier items.
- The desk has a footpad made of ABS material, providing stability and floor protection.
- Cons-It has not been designed for professional use as compared to others.
As discussed above STUDIO DESIGN VISION CRAFT STATION drafting table is the best choice for your office because of modern design, strong construction, high-quality brand, and additional storage space.
Drafting tables are used by architects and also architecture students to study their profession; despite the fondness of computer software they are still used for its aesthetic value and multipurpose functions. If you think I left out any other important drafting table please be free to post your valuable suggestions, your feedback is greatly appreciable.
Join our newsletter!
Enter your email to receive our latest newsletter.
Don't worry, we don't spam
Discover the top 10 best T-square sets for architecture students today!
Need a laptop bag that is perfect for an architect? These 10 bags are guaranteed to meet your needs!
Whether you're an architect or a designer, learning how to draw is essential for any creative project. These 10 drawing
Model building is an important skill for architects, and these tools can make the process much easier. Get started today
Beginning the journey to studying architecture? Here are some essential tools for students that will help you in this exciting