The Top 5 Best Keyboard for CAD Designers
Disclaimer: planndesign.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. You may read our disclaimer policy for more information.
For all the CAD professionals out there, we all understand how important this primary input device called the KEYBOARD is. Working with the right tools makes work so much easy and wrong ones generally lead to just frustration and exasperation. Before we begin enlisting the best keyboards, let us make it very clear that there are no keyboards in the market that are specially designed for CAD work, trust my words when I say this. But other superior mechanical and gaming keyboards just solve this muddle easier since CAD itself is a laborious process. By getting the right keyboard, your productivity and creativity will shoot like never before and that too for prolonged working hours. Let’s get started with all options suited in conjunction with CAD designers:
1. Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (920-006385)
LOGITECH G910 offers the world’s fastest RGB mechanical keyboard with a new level of speed and customization. It’s mechanical switches offer a 25% faster actuation. It is a responsive keyboard with not very loud keys and has a flawless design.
- Next-gen RGB illumination from the pick of up to 16.8 million colors.
- Nine programmable G- Keys
- Execute every command spontaneously.
- Works perfectly with Windows 10 or later, Windows 8.1/8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Mac OSX.
- A good looking keyboard with the luxurious feel that offers customizable colors for illumination.
- Romer G keys offer substantial feedback to the user.
- One-touch control panel for quick and easy applications.
- 6 feet long cable length for charging is the plus point.
- It offers comfortable palm rest while working.
- All the keys have a UV coating that avoids excoriation.
2. Microsoft 5KV-00001 Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard for Business
A unique and modern style keyboard with a sense of comfort and solace for the user. The split design may seem strange at first but it helps position wrists and forearms in a natural and relaxed position since it is built on ergonomics principles.
- Cushioned palm rest
- Separate number pad for greater flexibility
- Sculpt function keys offer a dual purpose
- Offers no backlight feature
- Long-lasting battery back up
- AAA batteries are included in the package
- Fancy keyboard with split and curve layout design
- Split space bar key reduces wrist pronation
- Stiff and sturdy built with domed features offer perfect ergonomics.
- Natural arc key layout imitates the curved shape of fingertips
- Reduces unnatural angles of the wrist while working for prolonged hours
- Perfect from a health point of view as it reduces the risk of RSI and similar illness.
3. Keychron K4 Wireless Bluetooth/USB Wired Gaming Mechanical Keyboard, Compact 100 Keys RGB LED Backlit Gateron Blue Switch N-Key Rollover, Aluminum Frame for Mac Windows
Keychron offers a 100-key wireless mechanical keyboard with an excellent RGB backlit of at least 15 types. It comes with all the necessary keys including a number pad in a compact design. It is a perfect example of an efficient and extraordinary designed keyboard where ergonomics is the plus point.
- CNC processed aluminum front panels give a premium look.
- One of the best batteries that lasts up to 72 hours of continuous work.
- It comes with Bluetooth which makes it a highly reliable gadget.
- Six choices of mechanical keys.
- Compatible with Windows as well as Mac
- A magical keyboard that offers tactile typing experience.
- One of the best mechanical keyboards with a powerful battery of 4000mAh.
- Connect up to three devices via Bluetooth feature.
- Extra keycaps for included for both Mac and Windows.
- Wired and Wireless, both the features can be accessed with it.
- Curved profile keycaps with an 8.5° angle for user’s ease.
- Perfect quality at the best possible price.
4. Das Keyboard Model S Professional for Mac Clicky MX Blue Mechanical Keyboard (DASK3PROMS1MACCLI)
German- engineered gold plated keyboard offers the fastest typing experience one can dream of. Mechanical key switches make typing experience precise, fast, and comfortable. It offers high performance as well as high quality with one of the most durable key switches in the tech world. It is a complete package of premium materials in an ultra-sleek design with dedicated media control.
- Special media keys for quick workflow
- Laser-etched inscription on keys that avoid fades
- Made with the highest quality robust material
- High-speed USB hub makes it compatible with other devices
- Blue LEDs for num lock, caps lock and scroll lock
- Anti-ghosting technology with the feature of full n-key rollover.
- A keyboard is known for its accuracy and precise work experience with its layout.
- Mechanical key switches for tactile work experience.
- Two meters long USB cable keeps workspace neat and tidy.
- Consist of full N-key rollover with PS2 adapter and six keys with USB
- Sleep function saves energy reducing environmental impact
- USB cord to a computer is hard wired making it a durable gadget.
- Casing of keyboard fits very well for CAD professionals.
- Two-port USB 2.0 high-speed hub is the bonus point for users.
5. Logitech Craft Advanced Wireless Keyboard With Creative Input Dial And Backlit Keys, Dark Grey And Aluminum
Logitech Craft is a wireless keyboard with a premium typing experience for its users. The best and the unique feature of this keyboard is its crown on the left corner. The low noise key switches ensure accurate feedback with the press. The performance is consistently seamless and responsive than other conventional keyboards in the market.
- The crown is a unique input dial.
- Made with the highest quality robust material
- Reliably connects wirelessly to all your devices.
- Backlit keys let you work in any sort of lighting
- Compatible with Windows 7 and above as well as Mac OS 10.11 and above
- A keyboard is known for its spherical key dishing for the flawless and seamless workflow
- The crown instantly access context-specific functions
- Assign F- keys for specific functions and shortcuts.
- Backlit flourish the moment it senses hands
- Automatically adjust brightness according to lighting conditions
- Can be connected up to three devices to easily switch within work screens.
My pick for the suitable keyboard is “Keychron K4 Wireless Bluetooth/USB Wired Gaming Mechanical Keyboard” for an ample number of reasons. Responsiveness and precision that each keystroke of this keyboard offers is something I can never overlook. I am sure you would now happily be able to upgrade your workstation from our enlisted keyboards above. Do let us know your favorite in the comment section below along with its amazon link.
Best Keyboards for AutoCAD Best CAD Keyboard 2020 Best Keyboard Buying Guide Best Keyboard Online buy List of Best Keyboards
Product Category Architectural Gadgets
AMAZON AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If this post inspired you, share it with others so that they can be inspired too!!
Relevant Product Guides
A scientific calculator is an extremely handy and essential accessory…
The finest picture quality with the ongoing trend of DSLRs,…
In today’s world, gadgets seem to make our lives easier in every…
The days when architects used to work with ink and paper on a…
An input device called MOUSE is the main or to be precise, the only…
With the advent of technology, most of the architects have given up…
Photography is an art, for sure. What creates a twist is when the…
A drawing tablet is an artist’s companion in the creative field. It…
Popular Product Guides
Most viewed Product Guides
A measuring tape is nothing but a flexible ruler that could either be…
An architect’s desk is the place where the bread butter of an…
The Architects desk can easily become filled with clutter like pens,…
A kitchen sink is one of the most important elements in any kitchen.…
Making models is a very important part of an architect’s life –…