10 Must-Have Architect Tools to carry while visiting Architectural Site
Disclaimer: planndesign.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. You may read our disclaimer policy for more information.
Architecture is a kind of profession which does not get completed in four walls of the room. This creative and interesting field is much more than that because an architect has to pay timely site visits to complete the task in a required manner. This action beyond the books and drawings is indeed an important step in this super creative profession. Also, an architect cannot go bare hand to the site. There are various tools that one has to carry to check the ongoing site work.
Here’s the compiled list of 10 must-have very important tools from the market to carry while visiting an architecture site to keep a strong eye:
1. LASER DISTANCE MEASURER- Bosch GLM 40 Laser Distance Measurer
- This tool is a must for indoor as well as outdoor measurements on-going work as well as documentation of completed work.
- The design is sturdy and smart which makes it easy to carry in a pocket too.
- The battery has a long life and it makes work speedy.
- Units of measurement can be changed as per needs which results in a quick calculation of area and volume.
2. A SKETCH BOOK- Strathmore 400 Series Sketch 9''x12'' of 50 Sheets
- The perfect tool for making clean and simple details on site for workers to understand.
- Consists of superior quality sheets inside which are ideal for a wide range of mediums.
- Impressive and premium quality matches passionate artists.
- Easy to carry and has an all-weather cover which makes it a durable product.
3. A PENCIL - Caran D'ache Graphite Line, assort. 6 pencils
- The perfect tool for professionals who require to produce immediate artwork on-site.
- These are extra fine pencils that allow uniform shading and doodling without any hindrances, create depth in work.
- Not only for sketching but also used perfectly for hatching, detailing and various mixed technique works.
- These pencils have a comfortable optimal grip for long working hours.
4. Messenger Bag- ECOSUSI 15.6 inch Laptop Messenger Bag for Men and Women, Grey
- Perfect to carry various portable equipment such as drafting pencils, notepad, sketchbooks, measuring tape, compact camera, etc. required on site.
- It can carry all the items in a schematic way such as a smaller pocket for a stationary, safe pocket for a camera, square/ rectangular pocket to carry A4/ A3 notepads, etc.
- This bag is durable and water-resistant.
- Above all, this bag is aesthetically pleasing and looks graceful and elegant with the personality of an architect.
Also, check out The Top 10 Best Bags for Architects and Designers
5. A CAMERA- Sony DSC W830 Cyber-Shot 20.1 MP Point and Shoot Camera (Black) with 8X Optical Zoom
- The best tool to capture pictures from the site in a professional manner that helps in keeping the record.
- The picture quality and the battery life of this camera is appreciable.
- Most effective and sleek in size which can be carried easily anywhere.
- It also has simple user interface and clicks perfect pictures even in low light.
6. MEASURING TAPE- Freemans IK519 Ikon 5m:19mm Measuring Tape
- Pretty accurate for small scale measurements.
- The tape does not bend up to 5- 6 feet without support, which allows working alone without any disturbance.
- This superior quality tape has sturdy and durable design.
- Recoil works like magic and very comfortable to use.
7. Set of COLORED PENS- Luxor Finewriter Assorted color (Pack of 10 Pen)
- This tool helps in differentiating various elements while sketching in a short period and adds life.
- These pens produce sharp and clear strokes.
- All these colors are pigmented enough to produce precise work.
- Works best on smooth textured paper and is value for money.
Also, check out The Top 10 Colored Pencils for Professional Designers
8. An iPAD- Apple iPad Air 2 Tablet (9.7 inch, 32GB, Wi-Fi + Cellular), Gold
- One can never go wrong with technology when it comes to showing some references to the client on the spot.
- Sturdy and sleek design with a perfect display screen.
- The split-screen feature is impressive and makes work go speedy.
- It has a perfect battery life and perfect touch feature with advanced security that is very much required for an architect’s work.
9. A CALCULATOR- Casio FX-350MS 2nd Gen Non-Programmable Scientific Calculator, 240 Functions and 2-line Display
- Time savior for calculations of addition subtraction on-site with clients and labor men.
- Sleek and stylish body with curved edges and perfect display.
- Durable product with wear-resistant printing on the buttons.
- Light in weight which makes it easy to carry and has perfect battery life.
10. Square graph notebook- Fabriano Ecoqua A4 Staple Bound Graph 5MM Notebook Orange
- Best way to create sketches on a scale over a short period.
- It is easy to use and saves time with the feature of quality binding.
- Paper quality works perfectly with the high grade as well as low-grade strokes of a pencil.
- Pocket friendly as well as an environment-friendly product since it is acid-free and chlorine-free.
Although there exists a never-ending list of tools we have tried to put together all the essential tools an architect requires on-site. All these tools are very often used by any professional architect on-site and make the task of site inspection even easier with tools. We have made sure to include almost every essential tool required for planning, calculating, designing and detailing. Do let us know in the comment section below if we missed out on any other important tool.
Architecture Tools Architect Measuring Tools Architect Design Tools Architectural Site Inspection Tool
Product Category Architectural Tools
AMAZON AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If this post inspired you, share it with others so that they can be inspired too!!
Relevant Product Guides
For an architect or a designer, the phrase “Carrying around my world…
Gifts are ways in which you can show people that they are special.…
As children, most of us have or still enjoy assembling those LEGO…
Drafting boards are one of a kind indispensable tool for architects…
As new architecture students, we have all been in a position where we…
Drafting tables are designed according to new technology and…
Making models is a very important part of an architect’s life –…
Popular Product Guides
Most viewed Product Guides
If you feel that your kitchen is always a mess because of its small…
Style follows function or function follows style? Why compromise,…
Amongst various tools and equipment, rulers are the most essential…
From team meetings to informal client interactions, keeping a…