The Top 7 Best Drafting Boards for Architects and Designers
Disclaimer: planndesign.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. You may read our disclaimer policy for more information.
Drafting boards are one of a kind indispensable tool for architects and designers which are as old as the profession itself. These boards have witnessed the evolution of design and its practice intimately. They have even survived the takeover by digitalization in the design field by computer-aided design and other computerized drawing programs.
Whether you are a student or a practicing architect/designer, there is no doubt that you will be making use of drawing boards a lot and it is that one tool that you will always need. In fact, drawing boards are a prerequisite in the majority of design institutions.
If you are a student with no clue about drafting boards or even a professional looking for an upgrade, this post is ideal for you. Below, we are doing a roundup of the top 7 drafting boards for architects and designers.
1. Isomars Architect Kit A2 - Board Size 18'' x 25''
- The Isomars Architect kit with A2 size board is ideal size for usage by architects and designers.
- The drawing board is robust as it is made of wood, laminated on both sides and even has a handle.
- It is convenient to use the board as it comes attached with a parallel bar.
- The paramount feature of the kit is that it comes with additional equipment to aid in the drawing process such as an adjustable set square 10", protractor 180°/6", french curve set of 3, triangular scale no-2, 2mm lead sharpener, a lead tube with 10 2mm leads, compass seta and an erasing shield.
- The Durable Kit Bag comes along with the board is stylish and accommodates the board and all the additional equipment making it convenient to be carried around.
2. Martin Universal Design Adjustable Angle Parallel Drawing Board, XX Large, White
- Thedrawing board has an anti-wrap aluminum body making it not only strong but also durable.
- This high resin board covers a diverse range of sizes as it comes in four different sizes offering options for all kinds of requirements.
- This illustrious board offers six lock-in adjustable angle positions for working on different angles providing a comfortable and relaxed pose for working. Also, both sides of the board have adjustable knobs to align the parallel bar with the drawing.
3. Isomars Drawing Board - Technical with Parallel Motion A2 Size - 18.5''x25'' (Mechanical Pencil with 10 Leads, Set Square, Drawing Board Clip Set of 4 Free with This Board)
- This Isomars drawing board measuring 18.5 x 25.5 inches is ideal for anyone and everyone who wants to give a try to designing. This elegant board is made of wood and is laminated on both sides. The handle on the board makes it easy to move around.
- It comes fitted with a parallel bar for parallel motion and set square for drawing vertical and horizontal lines and angles with accuracy.
- The beneficial aspect of this kit is that it comes along with a mechanical pencil and drawing board clip set to ease the designing process.
4. Rotring Premium Drawing Board Rapid A3 for Technical Drawing & Interior, Architectural and Engineering
- This stout and compact Rotring drawing board is A3 in size and is definitely an elegant one.
- The board has two magnetic clamp strips with the central pushbutton operation. It also has an additional corner clamp at the top-right hand corner for easy, secure and exact positioning of the paper or any other media at all four corners.
- The parallel bar has a stop-and-go mechanism along with a second locking facility for stability while drawing. The guide rails are designed for smooth and barrier-free movement. All these features make this board of superior quality.
- All the parts of the drawing board are packed in a rigid case which holds it securely.
5. POPULAR Drafting Table Imperial Wooden Drawing Board with Stand (Size A1/23x32-inch) with Sheet Holder
- The imperial wood drawing board is made of the finest quality of seasoned pinewood with hardwood working edge and wooden battens at the back for extra support.
- The drawing board has fully variable height, angle lever system and leveling screws at the bottom to work easily.
- The two storage trays for storing different equipments enables a smooth drawing experience.
- This compact table takes 26 inches x 27 inches of the floor area.
6. Drawing Board A3 Drafting Board Drawing Table Board Multi-Function Tool Set Graphic Architectural Adjustable Measuring System Angle for Construction Examination and Engineering Professional Templates
- This drawing board is a complete A3 drawing board work station made of high-quality ABS plastic material rendering it lightweight and highly durable.
- It is not only designed ergonomically but also fashionably. It has a parallel ruler with stop and moves locking function, an L-shaped straight edge design to facilitate the control of the top edge of the drawing material and the bottom edge. To make the drawing stable, there are paper clips on both sides and clamp on the bottom.
- The additional features of the kit include the guide rail which moves freely and smoothly and a T-square straightedge which slides up and down on a plastic runner drawing tool.
- The auxiliary tools of this drawing board are the angle ruler parallel ruler, L-ruler and Tilt Scaffold, and presents 3 buildings, interior decoration, furniture template ruler, in order to facilitate your quick completion of the drawing.
7. Studio Designs Comet Center with Stool Silver/Black
- The overall dimensions of the table are 50 inches in width, 24 inches in depth and 29.5 inches to 44.25 inches in height at full tilt.
- The table has an attached chest of three drawers, a slide up pencil shelf and an additional under table storage rack providing colossal storage space.
- The drawing board can be adjusted from flat to 20 degrees providing a comfortable setup.
- The heavy gauge construction of the table comes with a black and grey laminate finish giving it durability and elegance.
It is an established fact by now that a drawing board is a very useful accessory to practice drawing skills, painting experience, sketching, drafting or any other design-related activities. The “Martin adjustable Angle Parallel Drawing Board“ has to be our favorite from all the options available in the market. Not only it is elegant and superior quality but it is available in diverse sizes gives it an extra edge.
Please let us know in the comments below which is your preferred options and the one that you might want to get your hands on.
Best Drafting and Drawing table Professional Drafting Tables for Architect Best Drafting Board Buying Guide architectural drafting table with parallel bar Drafting Board Online Buy
Product Category Architectural Tools
AMAZON AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If this post inspired you, share it with others so that they can be inspired too!!
Relevant Product Guides
Making models is a very important part of an architect’s life –…
It might be difficult to believe, but tiny pieces pressed together to…
As children, most of us have or still enjoy assembling those LEGO…
A measuring tape is nothing but a flexible ruler that could either be…
Drafting tables are designed according to new technology and…
For an architect or a designer, the phrase “Carrying around my world…
Set square is a tool used in the technical drawings by architects and…
Style follows function or function follows style? Why compromise,…
Popular Product Guides
Most viewed Product Guides
Mankind has attained unimagined heights in various fields and all…
Not everyone can have a commodious and spacious kitchen but…
Modifying the home decor frequently is a grueling task. With the…
Though a conference room chair might not be as much used as a regular…
With changing lifestyles and working environments people are…