The Top 10 Essential Stationery, an Architect's Desk Must have
Disclaimer: planndesign.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. You may read our disclaimer policy for more information.
An architect’s desk is the place where the bread butter of an architect arises. An architect never fails to worship their desk since it is the most conspicuous part of their profession. Over the past few decades, this profession has changed dramatically from using those conventional tools to using premium quality gadgets in their hand but let us not forget that there exists nothing which could ever replace the essential stationery items from an architect’s desk. Here is the summarised list of the entire essential stationery which is must-have on an architect’s desk for the eloquence work services. An architect’s desk is the place where the bread butter of an architect arises. An architect never fails to worship their desk since it is the most conspicuous part of their profession. Over the past few decades, this profession has changed dramatically from using those conventional tools to using premium quality gadgets in their hand but let us not forget that there exists nothing which could ever replace the essential stationery items from an architect’s desk. Here is the summarised list of the entire essential stationery which is must-have on an architect’s desk for the eloquence work services:
1. SET OF RULERS- Architectural Scale ruler, Engineer Drafting, triangular - American Standard. 3 Sides, 11 Scales
- One of the most essential tools set for architects to produce accurate drawings at a preliminary stage for analyzing work.
- This is a complete set consisting of all the three scales which have sleek and stylish built.
- The increments on this sturdy and durable design are etched on the stain-free surface of a ruler.
- All three scales are made up of strong material that avoids any chances of bending and warping.
Also, check out The Top 10 Scale/Ruler for Architects and Designers
2. A SKETCHBOOK- Moleskine Art Plus Sketchbook, Large, Plain, Black, Hard Cover
- A sketch file serves the multipurpose task of writing, sketching, doodling all time, every time for scratching mind while creating new designs.
- It consists of top-class heavy paper that offers the perfect outcomes of work.
- Ink glides smoothly over the paper resulting in clean and clear details.
- The outer cover and the binding is neatly done and also includes an elastic enclosure.
3. A DRAWING STORAGE TUBE- Isomars Sheet Container
- The best part of adding this storage is that it helps to organize all the drawings well.
- It comes with extendable and adjustable length to cater to all sizes of sheets and papers.
- Portable, systematize and durable.
- Keeps all the sheets, blueprints, documents safe as it is water-resistant.
4. A PEN - Lamy 2000 Fountain Pen Nib, Black Medium
- A classy pen that can solve the issue of not just eloquent writing but working on fine details, as well as fribbled doodling, is a must.
- This pen has a minimalistic design in terms of form as well as function.
- It has a comfortable grip for long working hours.
- The 14-carat gold nib makes it a style statement for the office as well as the user.
5. A MECHANICAL PENCIL - Staedtler 2mm Lead Holder Promo Pack with eraser
- Adding a premium quality pencil to the stationary kit is the most important task, for sure.
- Designed for professionals, this pencil is perfect for hatching, sketching and detailing works.
- Produces clean and bold strokes which used for adding depth and squiggle to sketches.
- Non- slip metal knurled and comfortable grip for long working hours.
Also, check out The Top 10 Best Mechanical Pencils for Architects and Designers
6. A TRACING PAPER- Canson Artist Series Vidalon Vellum Pad, 19"X24" Fold Over
- These high level transparent bumwad rolls are perfect for the diazo copy process, which is done now and then during preliminary work.
- These are highly translucent and thick enough to save time for smooth working.
- It remains perennial with felt- tip pens and pencils.
- Convenient to carry anywhere since it comes in a pad and not roll making it perfect for preliminary design and quick roughs.
7. A GRAPH PAPER- Lemome Premium Thick Paper Soft Suade Cover Grid Paper Notebook - A5 (5.7 x 8.25 In)
- Easiest possible way to create preliminary sketches on the scale using a graph notebook.
- The outer cover is elegant suede with embossed tree and has sturdy pages inside which are easy to use and saves time.
- Works perfectly with the high grade as well as low-grade strokes.
- The binding is strong and durable which avoids chaos during its usage.
8. COLORED PENCILS- Staedtler 137 C 48 Luna Water Colour Pencil - Pack of 48 (Multicolour)
- The hues and tints of colors are often layered to create depth to the work.
- This has rich and vibrant pigmented colors that are suitable for superior blending and shading works to the artwork.
- They work best for easy layering and blending work.
- Gives the perfect result of mixing and shading techniques
Also, check out The Top 10 Colored Pencils for Professional Designers
9. A STENCIL- Isomars 1:100 Scale Architectural Drawing Template Stencil - Architect Combination Templates
- These standard symbols make work much easier.
- The circles on the left serve the purpose of circle master too
- Generally made from transparent plastic material to overlay the positioning accuracy.
- The markings mentioned are dark enough and do not fade away with time.
10. A CALCULATOR- Casio FX-350MS 2nd Gen Non-Programmable Scientific Calculator, 240 Functions and 2-line Display
- It helps in costing and estimating quickly without scratching the mind uselessly.
- Even fraction calculations are possible with this time savior calculator.
- Sleek and stylish design with a color-coded keypad.
- Lightweight, durable and water-resistant with a super clear display.
While noting all the essential stationery for an architect’s desk, one can either be phlegmatic or profligate according to their choice but remember “essential is essential” in one way or the other. This essential stationery item anyhow plays an integral part for the desk. Of course, there are other stationery items in the market but those could seldom be ignored if we talk about the basic kit. All these essential items have been handpicked thoughtfully and carefully to maintain the maximum usage with minimum items to serve the required purpose. I hope all the above jotted stationary items prove beneficent for all our readers and do let us know in the comment section below if we miss out on any other essential item on the list.
architectural stationery Most essential Architects Supplies Architecture stationery online buy Essential Stationery for an Architect
Product Category Architectural Stationery
AMAZON AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If this post inspired you, share it with others so that they can be inspired too!!
Relevant Product Guides
From team meetings to informal client interactions, keeping a…
Calligraphy is simply an art. An art of producing the unique design…
Pencils are indeed a very crucial tool for architects and designers…
Pencils are the real weapon for any professional designer in order to…
Architects are always known to be smart and shrewd when it comes to…
Being an architect is no easy task. From hand-made drawings to…
Amongst various tools and equipment, rulers are the most essential…
Popular Product Guides
Most viewed Product Guides
In the rat race for creating digital content, architects are not…
Every form of light adds an additional quality to the interior space…
Each element in the living room plays a vital role from the couch to…
Let your home office become a source of inspiration and hope by…