The Top 10 Best Sketching Pencils for Architects and Designers
Disclaimer: planndesign.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. You may read our disclaimer policy for more information.
No matter where technology lands in the 21st century, a creative mind can never stop longing for a good graphite pencil to start the masterpiece from scratch. A good sketching pencil is an essential tool for any artist but it is very important to add the right pencil to your collection which is not an easy task in today’s crowded and confusing stationery market. Here’s a complete list to discover the best pencil for the best respective work to make your choice easier:
Also, check out-:
1. Prismacolor Premier Graphite Drawing Pencils with Erasers & Sharpeners, 18-Piece Set
- This is a perfect kit for beginners which consists of different grade pencils for a different kind of work.
- Woodless graphite pencils in the kit produce bold and crisp strokes, which is perfect for detailing work.
- The best part of this kit is its water-soluble graphite pencils which indeed creates magic with a transparent water wash.
- Top-quality graphite in the pencils creates the best high tones as well as low tones.
2. Palomino Blackwing Pencils - 12 Count
- This brand has a rich heritage with many renowned animators who produced world-famous works such as looney tunes, Disney, etc
- The graphite has wax added to it which makes it different from other pencils of the market.
- Produce very clear, dark, bright and bold strokes.
- The only drawback it holds is that this pencil needs to be sharpened very frequently.
3. Faber-Castell Castell 9000 Pencil Set - Pack of 12
- These are perfectly built pencils with varnish coating and gold stamping on it.
- Its graphite is break-resistant since it is made up of a secured bonding process, which is perfect for sketching on large scale areas.
- These are easy to sharpen and create a perfect blending effect on the surface.
- The hold of a pencil is firm and does not crumble while sketching.
4. Caran D'ache Graphite Line, assort. 6 pencils
- Perfect for professionals who require a vivid range of black color for their artworks
- Extra fine pencils allow uniform shading for large areas without any hindrances.
- Not only is it best for sketching but works perfectly for hatching, detailing and various mixed technique works.
- These are hexagonal graphite pencils with a comfortable optimal grip.
5. LYRA Rembrandt Art Specials Pencils, Set of 12, Assorted Colors
- This set of 12 assorted pencils comes in a metallic tin.
- It is a pocket-friendly product and has the finest graphite quality which is break-resistant and does not require frequent sharpening.
- Made up from pure cedarwood.
- Suitable for not only sketching but detail technical work too.
6. Derwent Graphic Medium Graphite Pencils, 6B-4H
- The best part of these pencils is that they are available to buy even individually.
- Ideally works better for freestyle sketching because of bold strokes it offers
- It is affordable than other available professional pencils in the market.
- These pencils are hexagonal barrel designs with a perfect grip to hold for long working hours.
7. Staedtler Mars Lumograph Drawing Pencil for Design and Drafting - Pack of 12
- One of the most versatile pencil which is perfect for sketching as well as detail work.
- It has a super bonded lead which makes it break-resistant pencil.
- It is capable enough to produce soft as well as hard strokes according to pressure applied to pencil.
- Beautiful packing comes in a metallic tin box.
8. Mono Professional Drawing Pencil Set - 12pcs - Assorted Degrees
- These are high-density pencil so it does not require frequent sharpening.
- Premium refined pencils crafted with cedarwood.
- Break-resistant lead core which makes it perfect to use for long working hours.
- Shading effect and blending effect produced with these pencils is simply commendable.
9. Cretacolor Monolith Woodless Graphite Pencils Set of 11
- These pencils have water-soluble graphite which creates a beautiful effect when used with the splash of water.
- The price is definitely on the higher side but it is literally worth the quality.
- The entire kit comes with all the essential tools required for graphite drawing.
- Perfect for shading and large scale works are made easier with this kit.
10. General Pencil Semi-Hex Graphite Drawing Pencils 12/Pkg
- One of the oldest pencil manufacturing company who never failed to amaze its consumers.
- Semi hexagonal pencils provide a firm grip to the artist.
- Consists of softer graphite which produces perfect strokes for detail workmanship.
- This pencil is capable to produce deepest black colors by delivering thick and thin gradation lines.
All the above-explained pencils offer a different level of quality in shading, blending, freestyle which results in an infinite variety of dramatic outcomes. Amongst all of them, Palomino Blackwing Pencils are undoubtedly my favorite and I can never go wrong with these pencils which produce luminous light and dark shades in sketching. The wax added to it makes the usage even smoother and that results in producing velvety dark strokes to the work.
Hope this list was helpful if you have any thoughts and ideas for the same or you would like to add to the list, feel free to put forward your suggestions.
best pencils for sketching sketching pencils guide architectural stationery Graphite Pencils for sketching
Product Category Architectural Stationery
AMAZON AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If this post inspired you, share it with others so that they can be inspired too!!
Relevant Product Guides
From team meetings to informal client interactions, keeping a…
Being an architect is no easy task. From hand-made drawings to…
Calligraphy is simply an art. An art of producing the unique design…
Amongst various tools and equipment, rulers are the most essential…
Architects are always known to be smart and shrewd when it comes to…
Pencils are the real weapon for any professional designer in order to…
Pencils are indeed a very crucial tool for architects and designers…
What is an artist without its tools? It goes without saying that an…
Popular Product Guides
Most viewed Product Guides
A kitchen sink is one of the most important elements in any kitchen.…
Necessary for every Indian kitchen, a spice rack is a place from…
A kitchen sink faucet is one of the most abused kitchen accessories.…
Tablets today have become more than devices that were used to browse…
The Kitchen is the core of the house, so as the sink that holds the…