The Top 10 Best Drafting Pencils for Architects and Designers
Pencils are indeed a very crucial tool for architects and designers to produce masterpieces of their work. Conventional wooden pencils have lost the race with the invention of so many other drafting pencils in the market that gives a uniform and accurate strokes. Rough and thick lines are never preferred by the professionals as they fail to give depth to their work. The dependency over these fine drafting pencils is rising in the market since it is the very first step to achieve a masterpiece from a mind to a paper.
Also, check out-:
Here's a compiled list of few drafting pencils which could help you make a wise decision while getting one for you:
1. Pentel Graph Gear 1000 Automatic Drafting Pencil - Brushed Metal Barrel
- This versatile and superior pencil comes with a dual retraction tip.
- Extra working comfort for this pencil because of fine metallic grip with soft latex-free pads.
- This set of fancy pencils is of great use because it offers a different range of lead sizes, making it easier for the user to give required depth to their work.
- It offers comfortable writing due to rubber grip.
2. Staedtler Mars 780 Mechanical Pencil
- This drafting pencil is very simple to use and does not clog up like other cheap pencils.
- It is made of metal and has a rotary sharpener for the lead at the back of it.
- The sturdy grip works best for writing, sketching, drawing and detailing.
- It can be loaded with HB, 2B, 4B lead according to the kind of work.
3. Koh-i-Noor Mechanical Hardtmuth Lead Holder with 5.6mm x 80mm Lead
- This beautiful pencil has a classy black body with silver accents that easily catches your eye.
- It helps in producing solid dark strokes with fine texture.
- Shorter than the normal size of other pens /pencils but even then it is easy to hold and works comfortably.
- It comes with a sharpener in the cap and this brand offers various colored leads for this pencil.
4. rOtring 800+ Mechanical Pencil and Touchscreen Stylus, 0.7 mm, Black Barrel
- Matt black pencil with red and golden highlights comes with an eraser inside the cap, has astonishing build quality.
- The lead does not break easily because of the fixed lead guidance sleeve.
- Comfortable stellar grip and metal barrel ensure its durability for a longer period.
- The unique feature of “twist and click” covers the entire sleeve as well as lead making it pocket safe for users.
5. Pilot Mechanical Pencil S20 (0.5 mm, Deep Red)
- This gorgeous and precise instrument has a nicely contoured birch wooden body featured with aluminum parts on it.
- Available in various colors and lead sizes giving a range of options to choose from.
- The minimalist design makes it comfortable for long hours of work.
- Produce fine strokes while sketching and works smoothly while writing too.
6. Pentel GraphGear 500 Automatic Drafting Pencil, Black
- Superior drafting pencil offers various lead sizes and color-coding.
- Metallic mesh grip on beveled barrel regulates the control on a pencil while drafting and template work without pencil tip breaking.
- High polymer lead in this pencil does not require any sharpener and produce perfect crystal clear and fine strokes.
- Lightweight pencil with superior and sturdy design comes with an eraser at the back of it with a cap.
7. Uni Mechanical Pencil Kurutoga Pipe Slide Model 0.5mm, Black Body
- This pencil comes with a pipe slide system and cross rotation mechanism which makes it different from many other conventional mechanical pencils.
- It produces strokes with consistency without breaking the lead because of lead rotation after every 20 strokes.
- Lightweight and clear plastic design make look classy.
- Perfect of writing, sketching and technical drawing too.
8. Alvin DM07 Draft-Matic Mechanical Pencil 0.7mm
- Sturdy design made up of plastic with highlights of aluminum on it.
- Perfect for drafting and technical drawing work as a lead in it works consistently.
- The metallic grip is semi-jagged which is makes it very comfortable to hold while working.
- Strokes produced with this affordable pencil are a bit darker and thicker than the usual ones.
9. Uni Mechanical Pencil Kurutoga Roulette Model, Silver, 0.5 mm
- Fantastic rotating mechanical pencil by Mitsubishi Japan having a perfect grip and weight.
- The lead keeps rotating while its usage giving a finely pointed tip to work.
- The perfect combination of steel and aluminum body which is a well-crafted design.
- This pencil works effortlessly for sketching as well as writing.
10. Caran D'ache 844: Mechanical-pencil Metal 0.7 mm (Fluorescent Orange)
- The pencil has a hexagonal body made up of aluminum and has a very attractive color series.
- A balanced grip avoids slipping while performing precise work.
- It comes with HB lead and can be refilled with any 0.7mm lead for perfect strokes and writing without any interruption.
- Consist of hidden eraser under the push button of the pencil.
From the above-listed pencils, Staedtler Mars 780 technical drafting pencil is undoubtedly my favorite because it solves the dual purpose of writing as well as sketching as it could be loaded with HB, 2B, 4B accordingly. Having a sharpener at the back of it is definitely a plus point and I couldn’t settle for any pencil except this. I hope you find this list useful. Do mention in case I left any important brand in the list above.
Join our newsletter!
Enter your email to receive our latest newsletter.
Don't worry, we don't spam
10 Best Handles and Pull, You Must look at for your Stylish Kitchen
10 Kitchen Sink Organizers That Will Make Your Tiny Kitchen More Functional
10 Best Gas Stoves, You Would Love For Your Dream Kitchen
10 Gorgeous Mirrors That Add Beauty To A Space
10 Products To Create An Accent Wall That Catch The Eyes
10 Useful Products That Will Really Help You To Declutter Your Desk
If you're an architect looking for a certificate folder that will impress your future employer, we've got the top 10
If you are an architect or designer, then you need a good ruler! This top 10 ruler is perfect for
Whether you're a student or a professional, these 10 colored pencils will help you achieve precise and beautiful drawings.
Sketching pencils are an essential tool for architects and designers. They help them create detailed drawings quickly and easily.
Today's tech world offers so many gadgets that not only serve the needs but even boost productivity to a large extent.