The Top 10 Best Digital Laser Measuring Tool for Architects and Designers
Disclaimer: planndesign.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. You may read our disclaimer policy for more information.
In today’s world when we have started relying on the digitized tool, then why do we have to stick to the traditional measuring tapes. With the chances of human error in measuring the distances being maximum with the manual measuring tapes, many architects and professionals related to the construction industry have started switching to and relying on digital laser measuring tools. These devices measure by emitting laser light from the aperture to the sources. These are precise and add on to saving time. With the increasing demand for digital laser measuring tools, one finds them in a pond of confusion as to which is the best one to buy. There are a lot of factors that one should consider while buying the digital tools vis-à-vis, the memory, battery life, range the ability to perform calculations, angular dimensions, so on and so forth. To make the selection process easier, here is a list of top 10 digital laser measuring tools for architects and designers to choose from –
1. Bosch GLM 50 C Professional Laser Measure with Bluetooth and Backlit Display
- The measuring range is up to 50 m.
- Has an accuracy of up to ± 1.5 mm.
- Has a built-in inclinometer that helps in recording angles, min/max, stake out and double indirect.
- A nice feature is the inclusion of real-time movement along the targeted length, area, volume, etc.
- The device has Bluetooth feature which can be used to easily organize and document by transferring the data to your devices using Bosch apps (MeasureOn).
- It is a powerful tool that fits easily in the pocket.
- It has an upgraded colour display with backlighting, this provides for good readability and visibility.
- The device has soft grip protection that helps to protect the device from any damage in the long run.
- It can perform up to 10,000 measurements in one complete battery charge.
- It also comes with a variant which has a range of 150m, with Bluetooth and a camera.
2. FREEMANS PRO-L60 Laser Distance Meter Measuring Tape - 60m
- This is a quick device capable of doing complex calculations in less than 0.5 seconds.
- Along with single measurements, it can calculate area, volume, perform addition - subtraction and Pythagorean indirect measurements.
- It can store data up to 99 measurements.
- The accuracy provided is up to ± 1.5 mm.
- There is a vial bubble provided to obtain increased levels of precision.
- It is equipped with an additional piece to measure dead corners.
- The measuring tool is available for three ranges – 40m, 60m and 100 m.
- The gadget has a rubberized body for enhanced comfort while handling.
- The screen has a backlight for visibility in darker areas.
- It is a compact and portable device with properties such as self-calibration, staking out function and reference point/delay measurement.
3. Dewalt 50 M Laser Distance Measurer
- Apart from measuring distances, this tool is capable of calculating area and volume.
- It is enabled to perform Pythagorean measurements when linear measurements are not possible.
- The accuracy provided is up to ± 1.5 mm @ 10m.
- This tool works in the range of 0.1m to 50m.
- it can store up to the last 5 measurements.
- The screen has a 2-line backlit display, which makes the visibility adequate for both bright and dim lighting conditions.
4. Leica Geosystems D110 Laser Distance Meter
- This measuring tool comes with a removable pocket clip, thus ensuring its portability and security at all times.
- This model comes with integrated Bluetooth, resulting in increased functionality. This can be connected to your device with the help of the Leica sketch app.
- This device is compatible with Android and iOS.
- With the help of the app, one can transfer the measured data instantly onto a smartphone or tablet, thus increasing the pace of the work at hand substantially.
- It is designed with all the ergonomic considerations to enhance the ease of usability.
- Designed to display the measurement to high precision.
- The measuring range of the device is up to 60 m.
- This device works in all systems of units and helps in conversion as well.
- Ideal for indoor measurements, thus a ready choice for professionals working with interiors of a space.
- The screen is equipped with a 2-line display for a good viewing experience.
- An additional feature is the continuous measuring mode.
5. SkyFlag Digital Laser Range Finder
- This range finder is pocket friendly with the capability to calculations such as area, volume and Pythagorean measurements.
- It comes with a reference point switch.
- This tool works in the range of 0.05m to 40m.
- For enhanced precision, it can self-calibrate and also contains a spirit level.
- The tool comes with a record function.
- It carries a sleek and smart design.
- The measuring tool is available for two ranges – 40m and 60m.
6. Asian Paints TruCare Lite D 40 Portable Plastic Digital Laser Distance Meter
- It is a new product on the market.
- The accuracy provided is up to ± 1.5 mm.
- It can measure a distance up to 40m.
- It can work in metric as well as an imperial system of units.
- It is equipped to compute the area and volume.
- This device is easy to hold and carry and comes with a detachable holder.
- The product has data storage capabilities too.
- The screen is composed of a 2-line display that gives better visibility in all light conditions.
7. Bosch GLM 40 Laser Distance Measurer
- The measuring range of this tool is 0.5m to 40m
- The accuracy provided is up to ± 2.0 mm, with a measuring time of fewer than 0.5 seconds.
- The device automatically shuts down if kept idle for 5 minutes.
- Along with recording measurements instantly, the device is programmed to calculate area, volume and Pythagorean measurements.
- The built-in memory can store up to the last 10 measurements.
- It is a compact and robust device, with its ergonomics in place, this device is ideal to be carried anywhere.
- This instrument displays satisfactory battery life. A single battery charge could last for up to 5000 measurements.
- The screen has a 3-line display feature that ensures quality visibility and readability.
- This particular product is a ready choice for many professionals.
8. SToK® ST-LDM50 - (0.05 to 50 meters)Laser Rangefinder
- The measuring range of this device is from 0.05m to 50m.
- The accuracy provided is up to ± 2.0 mm
- Along with single measurements in imperial and metric unit systems, it can also calculate area, volume and Pythagorean calculations.
- The screen has a 4-line LCD display, thus enhancing the clarity of the screen.
- It can self-calibrate with an adjusting range of -9 to 9mm, resulting in high precision of the recorded data.
- It can store data up to the last 100 measurements.
- It is equipped with Record function.
- There is a vial bubble provided for increased levels of precision.
- This device is handy and precise, can be taken anywhere with ease.
9. Litake IP54 Water Resistance Laser Distance Range Finder
- High laser precision tool with an accuracy of up to ± 1.5 mm.
- Lightweight and portable, thus making it easy to carry.
- Functions include – single measurement, continuous measurement, angular measurement, area, volume, Pythagorean measurements, addition and subtraction.
- It can store up to 99 group data records.
- Automatically switches off after 180s of inactivity.
- It has reinforced rubber housing thus making it a robust gadget.
- This device is suitable for outdoor usage.
- It is available in a multi measuring range.
- It is easy to switch from one unit system to another by a click of a button.
- It has a large display screen for ease of reading.
- It is equipped with auto correct and error report technology.
10. Rebzar Digital Precise Laser Tape Measurer
- Handy to measure straight distances or make Pythagorean measurements.
- Takes the measurement within a second.
- The measuring range is from 0.05m to 100 m.
- The precision is accuracy is of up to ± 1.5 mm.
- It is capable of calculating area, volume and performing addition and subtraction.
- Works with both the unit systems and has memory functions too.
- It is a compact tool that can be carried easily.
We have two picks from the above list of digital laser measuring tools - Bosch GLM 50 C Professional Laser Measure and Leica Geosystems D110 Laser Distance Meter. Both these digital tools are one up as they are equipped with Bluetooth and comparable features. With the increase in digital compatibility, the Bluetooth feature makes it easy to transfer the data and work on it seamlessly over your laptops, smartphones or tablets. Both these devices are compact and robust to be carried on.
With this list, we hope that we were able to clear the confusion a little. For architects, designers and other professionals in the construction the digital measuring tool is a handy gadget for the tool kit. Just carry it with you at any site that you are going to.
If there is any digital measuring tool that you think we missed upon, feel free to post your suggestions!
Architectural Gadgets Architecture Tools Architect Measuring Tools Best Laser Measuring Tool Architecture Tools Online
Product Category Architectural Gadgets
AMAZON AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If this post inspired you, share it with others so that they can be inspired too!!
Relevant Product Guides
The days when architects used to work with ink and paper on a…
While doodling or sketching, many of you would have thought if the…
Mankind has attained unimagined heights in various fields and all…
In a picture- an obsession world, architectural photography is…
An Architect or a Designer mostly count on their tools for any kind…
For all the CAD professionals out there, we all understand how…
In the rat race for creating digital content, architects are not…
Popular Product Guides
Most viewed Product Guides
After a long tiring day at work, we all want to have a relaxing hot…
Walls play an important role to create the ambiance of space and…
With the advent of technology, most of the architects have given up…
Don’t know how to make your dining table the star of the dining space…