The Top 10 Best Mechanical Pencils for Architects and Designers
For architects and designers, the most important and powerful tool is a pencil. It helps them sketch, scribble, doodle, write and express their ideas. with the advancement in technology everything is beginning to be or is already mechanized, so have the pencils. Most people today have started choosing mechanical pencils over traditional ones. For the simple reason that, along with fulfilling the function, they are easy to carry. These pencils carry a whiff of sophistication and panache with them. It can be easily said that a mechanical pencil is a must-have for the toolkit of architects and designers.
There is an array of choices for mechanical pencils available in the market today. With such a vast variety to choose from, it becomes a little difficult to pick one pencil that suits our needs. One needs to weigh in a lot of factors to make the right choice. The factors range from the size, shape, material to ergonomics and feel. If you too are confused while making a choice to buy a mechanical pencil, worry not!! To make the process easier, let’s go through a list of top 10 mechanical pencils for architects and designers –
Also, check out-:
1. rOtring Rapid PRO Mechanical Pencil, 0.7 mm
- This is a must-have for architects and designers as a part of their toolkit.
- This is the kind that could last for a lifetime and be passed on as an heirloom.
- Good for sketching, doodling, drawing or even scribbling.
- The balanced design and a non-slip knurled metal grip make it a comfortable and practical pick.
- It has a sliding sleeve that provides for a high level of break resistance.
- The push mechanism in this pencil leads to controlled lead transportation.
- A built-in sharpener under the push-button cap gives it an edge.
- All in all, this particular pencil is complete by all means. It is a good idea to consider it for your toolkit.
2. Pentel mechanical pencil GRAPH1000 0.5mm
- It is designed with a three-jaw clutch mechanism in brass, which provides excellent support for the pencil lead.
- The design is such that the pencil has a low center of gravity that ensures stable writing.
- The lead sleeve at the tip is 4 mm long, that gives a clear view and helps to align with a ruler or straightedge.
- The grip is ergonomically suited with 18 rubber ribs, that prevent slippage.
- This pencil also has an adjustable lead hardness indicator.
- It is available in unusual colors.
3. Sakura Cushioning Point Mechanical Pencil - 0.5 mm
- It is developed using a cushioning mechanism, which helps absorbing extra pressure and also prevents frequent breakage of lead.
- It has a 4mm fixed metal lead sleeve which aids in ruling and template work.
- It is ideal for working with fine and precise lines.
- It has an elegant and sleek look.
- This pencil is very lightweight and has a nice hold.
4. Uni Mechanical Pencil Kurutoga Pipe Slide Model 0.5mm
- The lead rotation mechanism is quite efficient and keeps the lead in good shape.
- The retracting lead sleeve helps in working with the pencil for longer periods.
- The pencil comes in handy to work with precise and crisp lines.
- the pipe slide mechanism gives an edge to this pencil when compared to its standard models.
5. Lamy Germany 119 Safari Mechanical Pencil
- The pencil carries forth the trademark Lamy metal pencil clip.
- The pencil is perfect when it comes to ergonomics. The distinctive molded recessed grip aids in comfortable writing.
- This pencil is a good idea to carry for the functionality or to make a statement.
6. Staedtler 0.5mm Automatic Mechanical Drafting Pencil
- This pencil has a cylindrical metal lead sleeve, which is compatible to use with rulers or templates.
- It comes with an adjustable lead hardness degree indicator.
- The pencil is designed for a stronghold with a non-slip rubber grip zone.
- The Chrome-plated metal clip and tip gives the pencil an urbane look.
- A good change with respect to overall design when compared to other Staedtler pencils.
7. Tombow MONO Graph Zero 0.5mm Mechanical Pencil
- This pencil has a sturdy construction and a comfortably grippy knurled metal grip section.
- One of the exciting features is the super-fine twist eraser.
- Ideal for smooth and crisp work.
- A simple design yet an efficient mechanical pencil.
8. Faber-castell- Mechanical Pencil Grip Plus 0.7mm
- This pencil has a nice triangular grip with a wider circumference.
- This helps you to tirelessly use a pencil for hours.
- Though it looks bulky but is not heavy.
- Good for scribbling, sketching or writing.
9. Staedtler Mars 780 Mechanical Pencil
- This is a classic pencil with an easy grip and fine mechanics.
- Sharper integrated with the push button is an add on.
- It is good for works consisting of writing, sketching or drawing.
- It gives you a smooth and comfortable experience.
- A go-to pencil if the options confuse you.
10. Pentel Sharp Mechanical Pencil - 0.5mm
- This pencil by Pentel has good ergonomics, resulting in a good grip.
- It has a 4mm tip, that helps in easy and precise use with straightedges or templates.
- It is a quality yet affordable product for all cadres.
- It has a sleek and clean look.
Our pick from the above list of mechanical pencils would be none other than the rOtring Rapid PRO Mechanical Pencil. It is smooth, ergonomically suited and classy. It has all the qualities that an architect or designer would like to boast about its possession.
So, go ahead and pick the perfect mechanical pencil for yourself. As for designers, a good pencil in their possession is as important as the basic necessities of life.
If there is any detail or any good mechanical pencil that we missed upon, feel free to post your suggestions!
Join our newsletter!
Enter your email to receive our latest newsletter.
Don't worry, we don't spam
10 Incredibly Beautiful Products to Transform Any Empty Corner
10 Ingenious Products That Will Organize All Your Bathroom Accessories
10 Products You Would Probably Want If You Own A Tiny Bathroom
10 Space Saving Products You Would Need If You Own A Small Home
10 Kitchen Decor Products That Will Take Your Kitchen To Next Level
10 Home Decor Products to Give Desi Look to your Interior
If you're an architect looking for a certificate folder that will impress your future employer, we've got the top 10
If you are an architect or designer, then you need a good ruler! This top 10 ruler is perfect for
Whether you're a student or a professional, these 10 colored pencils will help you achieve precise and beautiful drawings.
Sketching pencils are an essential tool for architects and designers. They help them create detailed drawings quickly and easily.
Today's tech world offers so many gadgets that not only serve the needs but even boost productivity to a large extent.