Kitchen Guide- U-Shaped Kitchen Pros and Cons
From the time the interior design has taken a swirl, the ‘’kitchen corner’’ has emerged out as the ‘’central hub’’ of the home and is definitely no more just a simple drab place to prepare food! A lot more activities such as the family meal, a no prior planned quick party, the family and friends interaction time, the multitasking phase around kids and more have been included right in the kitchen space. And to make all of these happen emphasis has to be given to the kitchen floor plans rather the various kitchen shapes for comfort, smooth movement, and task efficiency.
Since U - Shaped kitchen floor plans are commonly found, let us focus more on to this shape to analyze and utilize the space well as this would help homeowners during the next kitchen renovation. That is, the more information you gather - the easier the kitchen transformation process gets!
The Kitchen Layout: The U- Shaped Kitchens
The U shaped kitchen layout basically runs along the three walls of the kitchen and the shape that is formed is by the arrangement of the countertop, the major appliances, and the floor storage units.
The Pros Of U - Shaped Kitchen Design
- The U-shaped kitchens advantages are that it suits both medium to large kitchen space as it offers ample work and storage space.
- The movement or the traffic flow between the work triangle gets easier, as the distance between the sink, the refrigerator, and the cooking range could be placed in an equal distance from each other.
- Since it is spacious, accommodating an open wall concept would let one to interact with guests and family even while preparing food. Moreover accommodating a U-shaped kitchen with an island workstation or casual central dining space in the wider kitchen is possible.
- Also, U-shaped large kitchens are best for families with multiple cooks who work simultaneously in the space as the design does not obstruct workspaces and allows an easy interaction with guests and family.
The Cons Of U - Shaped Kitchen Design
- Not efficient for small kitchens as entertaining guests or accommodating multiple cooks, kitchen table, and chairs, adding island will just make the kitchen space look cramped. Additionally, small u shaped kitchen ideas have reduced floor space which could also make accessing of cabinets difficult. Hence can be used effectively only in medium-sized or large kitchens.
- Not a budget-friendly option as the more spacious the kitchen is, the more space needs to be filled with countertops and appliances. Therefore a large U - shaped kitchen cabinets design can turn out to be an expensive affair.
- Moreover, with all these large kitchen cabinets, the kitchen might look bulky if not designed well. Additionally, the bottom corner cabinets could be difficult to access, if trolley units are not being installed.
Photo by - More kitchen photos
As there are various kitchen layouts such as the one wall kitchens, L - shaped kitchens, island kitchens and so on, knowing both the pros and cons of each kitchen style is vital. Ascertain kitchen floor plans can create more efficient space and the task efficiency can be increased if designed by keeping both the pros and cons in mind. Along with the need of plenty of space for comfort and movement, knowing the family’s habits and lifestyle also helps in bringing out the best out of the design. And with a practical approach, the kitchen layout design can be more enhanced with the right cabinets and kitchen decorative accents.
Also, take a read of the most important 10 Things Not To Do While Remodelling Your Kitchen
And an example of one such video uploaded on our Youtube channel
Join our newsletter!
Enter your email to receive our latest newsletter.
Don't worry, we don't spam
12 Clever Built-in Storage Hacks for Small Bedroom
Brilliant Tips to Negotiate an Architect's Salary
Architecture Of Emergence by Michael Weinstock- Book Review
How to Choose the Specialization to Pursue Masters in?
Bathtub vs. Shower, Which is Perfect for Your Bathroom?
Bathroom Styling: How to Choose a Perfect Bathroom Mirror
Wondering how to add kitchen under cabinet lighting to your design? This guide offers tips and ideas on adding illumination
Looking for some kitchen ideas? We've got you covered! In this post, we'll show you 10 things you must have
Got a tiny kitchen? These clever ideas for boosting kitchen storage will help you maximize every inch of your
The kitchen is the heart of any home and the perfect place to showcase your style with cabinets that reflect
Designing your kitchen and are confused, whether to go for a modular or a carpenter-made kitchen? Fret not! And read
Most Viewed Articles
As we all know nothing is constant in this world nor our life, neither the weather conditions we are living
Kids are said to be most tiny, cute and delicate creature on this earth. But, these tiny sweet little creatures
Sound sleep, rest, comfort, privacy, lots of laziness, etc. all these things comes to our mind when we think about
If you're looking for beautiful summer interiors then you won't want to miss our latest colour trends! Discover stunning combinations
“<em><strong>TEENAGE</strong></em>”- The reason behind putting these words in commas is pretty obvious because this age is something we all have