Do's and Don't while installing a Modular Kitchen
With the launch of modular kitchen designs in Indian homes, the kitchen spaces gradually started leaving an impressive impact, an impact which indeed made homeowner believe in the power of interior designing. Whether urban or ‘’not-so’’ urban homes, all dwellers do know the pain that tags along in the process of maintaining a kitchen. All thanks to the various kitchen storage units, hutch cabinets and the modular kitchen concept, one could exhibit as well as hide the daily utensils with ease. Basically, the homeowner gets the opportunity to set the ‘’hide or show’’ preference as per their own requirements.
To begin with, an empty room in a home which is allocated to be turned into a kitchen with no granite slab and no fixed sink and where the homeowner gets the liberty to build the kitchen as per their requirement and can utilize the space in the best possible way is considered as the modular concept! I am listing out the do’s and the don’ts that one could follow for constructing a fab kitchen with amazing modern ideas.
The Do’s To Follow While Installing A Modular Kitchen Design
● Set A Theme - Once the decision of building a modular kitchen is taken, it is advised to decide on a theme first. Hence, make sure to pay attention also to the basics such as the flooring, the wall, and the ceiling to set a theme. Since the flooring should blend well with the modular kitchen set, so should the walls and the ceiling!
● A Checklist To Set Up A Kitchen - Prepare a checklist of kitchen essentials such as the kitchen gadgets, accessories, modular kitchen cabinets and so on. It is vital to design a kitchen with only those things that one would need. Adding many gadgets and accessories may result in crowding additionally spending on things that lay unused and occupies a lot of space could be avoided. The list should focus purely on the space availability, functionality and of course should go well with the theme.
● The Kitchen Layout For Right Space Management - While designing an empty room for a kitchen paying attention to the layout is equally important as an unplanned set up would make the kitchen look clumsy. The modular kitchen styles like the U- shaped, L- shaped, straight, parallel and island-shaped can be tried out as per the availability of space. For a small kitchen space, an L or straight shaped kitchen would work well as it maximizes space utilization. In case of a medium-sized space then one can opt for a parallel or a U - shaped kitchen. Whereas an island kitchen layout will only fit a large kitchen.
Also, take a read on What Kitchen layout mistakes should be avoided
● The Power Of Ventilation - All rooms do have windows and doors, but in a modular kitchen concept, one gets an added advantage. The modular kitchen gets the provision of using a chimney, adding one would be beneficial as it would suck out the entire fumes and smoke, and will keep the kitchen smoke free.
● The Kitchen Work Triangle - The kitchen work triangle increases efficiency as it is basically the placement of the cooktop, sink, and fridge in a practical and accessible way within a standard gap in the kitchen. To work with ease even during the rush hours, make sure to keep this area unobstructed by avoiding the addition of narrow aisles, islands, and so on.
Image credit: Wikipedia Commons
● Modern Kitchen Accessories - The Storage Compartmentalization - When creating a storage space, personalize the compartments by creating differently-sized sections for both the utensils and the gadgets. As creating kitchen cabinets only for spices and another foodstuff would not be enough as modular kitchen appliances such as a juicer, mixer grinder and so on also need space. Add kitchen furniture such as pantry tall units or pullouts to store food, multiple bottles. Even the addition of sectional drawers to stock spoons, knives would be beneficial. The modular modern kitchen concept indeed allows one to design the kitchen to fit in their own working process and rather not the other way around.
Storage plays a vital role while designing a kitchen. We share some Essential Tips To Plan Clutter-Free Kitchen
“The Don’ts” To Follow While Installing A Modular Kitchen
● The Dustbin (Trash Management) - The small sized normal plastic bins for the heaps of garbage that comes out of the kitchen won’t be just enough as a kitchen needs a proper trash management. Therefore, while installing a modular kitchen set, planning a proper trash bin space within the modular set is essential to avoid garbage overrunning.
● The Stunning Island Kitchen Style Won’t Work For You - Though the island kitchen style with a counter in between looks catchy, it requires a lot more space. Therefore, install a kitchen island only if the room has enough space. As a forceful installation in small modular kitchens will only make the room look clumsy. The motto here is to maintain an open space to move around freely.
● A Big NO To Too Many Open Shelves - The concept of modular kitchen is introduced to hide things smartly and to create a minimal and compact modular kitchen. Hence, do not overdo the kitchen with too many open shelves.
With all these dos and the don't list, homeowners would know precisely the point here is to not choose the kitchen design in a hurry as it could only deliver beautiful kitchens that are impractical!
Also, installing the kitchen is not an easy task as the ergonomics, safety and the budget should be considered. At times designs need to be constructed according to a person’s height and not as per the standards. In such cases, the upper cabinets and the countertops need to be lowered hence I would recommend you to hire a professional designer for a flawless modular kitchen designing.
Also, take a read of the most important Open Kitchen vs. Closed Kitchen, Which suits the best for Indian Homes?
And an example of one such video uploaded on our Youtube channel
Popular Tags :
Join our newsletter!
Enter your email to receive our latest newsletter.
Don't worry, we don't spam
12 Clever Built-in Storage Hacks for Small Bedroom
Brilliant Tips to Negotiate an Architect's Salary
Architecture Of Emergence by Michael Weinstock- Book Review
How to Choose the Specialization to Pursue Masters in?
Bathtub vs. Shower, Which is Perfect for Your Bathroom?
Bathroom Styling: How to Choose a Perfect Bathroom Mirror
Wondering how to add kitchen under cabinet lighting to your design? This guide offers tips and ideas on adding illumination
Looking for some kitchen ideas? We've got you covered! In this post, we'll show you 10 things you must have
Got a tiny kitchen? These clever ideas for boosting kitchen storage will help you maximize every inch of your
The kitchen is the heart of any home and the perfect place to showcase your style with cabinets that reflect
Designing your kitchen and are confused, whether to go for a modular or a carpenter-made kitchen? Fret not! And read
Most Viewed Articles
For most women, a bathroom is not merely a functional space; as it is so much more that provides them
Bedroom being the most personal space in our house needs special care and attention to keep it charming, sweet and
With a variety of durable, modern kitchen countertop materials available, one could easily add it in style with seatings as
It is a known fact that colors can bring in instant changes to any interiors. So if you are looking
If you own a small living room or have to combine the living and dining space together, then you need