Bathroom Guide-Wall Mixer vs. Diverter- What To Buy?
The contemporary bathroom designs would be never complete without the Installation of a few main elements such the wall mixer or the diverter! It not only allows one to switch between different components such as the handheld shower and the standard shower head but also comes up with various other add-ons like the temperature control. To avoid double fitting attachments and to have the best of both worlds make sure to utilize these faucets.
Wall Mixer: It is a single unit fitted on the wall, with a common spout attached to the hot and cold water supplying knobs together, which allows to draw water from both the hot and cold sources and combine it into a single flow, to come out of a single spout.
Wall Diverter: Whereas the diverter units functional parts gets concealed inside the wall and only the lever, spout and overhead shower would be visible. The spout and the knob are different parts, unlike the wall mixer, hence look more compact and space efficient. Since all the functional parts get concealed in the wall, there’s only an aluminum sheet with a lever and depending upon the types of diverter and feature requirements, water flow from sources can be controlled. And while planning modern bathroom these fixtures are very much part of the bathroom design.
The Two Types Of Wall Mixers:
● 2 in 1 wall mixer
● 3 in 1 wall mixer
2 in 1 wall mixer consists of 2 features
➢ an overhead shower
➢ hot and cold water knobs.
3 in 1 wall mixer consists of 3 features
➢ an overhead shower
➢ hot and cold water knobs
➢ a hand shower
The Four Types Of Diverters With Its Features:
● One way: controls one component like the overhead shower.
● Two Way: controls two components like the overhead shower and the hand shower
● Three Way: Its three-way design allows to control of up to three separate components
● Feature: Thermostatic Mixers: It maintains an exact water temperature throughout the duration of the shower and protects from any sudden changes in the water temperature.
Advantages Of Using A Wall Mixer
● Wall mixers are the best replacement for traditional full turn taps. Here the ‘’full turn’’ on and off taps have been replaced by quarter turn knobs which are more durable.
● It allows to switch flow between the taps and a shower attachment or between the overhead and the hand shower and is particularly useful where there isn’t room for a separate bath and shower enclosure.
● Wall mixer is installed on the wall therefore, the unit can easily be changed or repaired when needed.
Advantages Of Using A Diverter
● Even the diverter allows switching flow between the taps and a shower attachment or between the overhead and the hand shower so can be considered a good replacement for traditional full turn taps.
No matter what home dwellers buy, be it wall mixer or diverter, we suggest you to buy a branded unit which is available in various designs and style and looks quite trendy and stylish. Just make sure to choose the style that matches the bathroom interior style and budget.
Lastly, take a read of the most important Bathtub vs. Shower, Which is Perfect for Your Bathroom?
And an example of one such video uploaded on our Youtube channel
Join our newsletter!
Enter your email to receive our latest newsletter.
Don't worry, we don't spam
Bathroom Styling: How to Choose a Perfect Bathroom Mirror
Give your Dull Bedroom a Boost with these Design Tips
Bedroom Decor To Welcome Spring With A Touch Of Green
Under- Cabinet Kitchen Lighting Ideas & Tips
How to Decorate a Black and White Bedroom with a Splash of Color?
9 Spectacular Ways to Design the Wall Behind the Sofa
Choosing a perfect mirror can actually make your bathroom look WOW. Check out here to land upon a perfect mirror,
Wondering how to pick the right bathroom tub for your needs? Check out our guide on different types of bathtubs
Those homeowners, who are planning to bring in the ‘’spa-like’’ experience right into their home, would know that without showcasing
Find out the few ways to separate the wet shower as bathrooms these days consist of designs and storage units
For most women, a bathroom is not merely a functional space; as it is so much more that provides them
Give your bathroom a twist and make it beautiful by adding up warmth, dimness and this time with bathroom candles or bathroom scented
Most Viewed Articles
The feel of any home is directly or indirectly linked to the outdoor environment around it. Such indoor-outdoor connection is
Time to time the kitchen needs to be upgraded with slight changes as it will make the kitchen look interesting.
With the various styles of architecture that has come up over the years, the confusion between the terms modern and
Light plays a major role in designing as it helps in creating an ambiance. And when it comes to kitchen
Time to pamper yourself a bit and soak in the giant bathtub of bubble bath once in a while with