Regardless of what bedroom interior design style you choose, a bedroom should look cozy and simple yet sophisticated, and elegant at the same time.
Of all the rooms in a home, the bedroom is probably the only space where one would love to spend more time. Moreover, bedrooms are more than just a place to sleep - especially master bedrooms are also used as a place to work, read, and spend family time. Therefore along with choosing the right bedroom furniture, and deciding on the bedroom storage, and bedroom decor accessories, it is equally vital to include several lighting options to accommodate all of these activities in a single space seamlessly.
To begin with, know the three different types of lighting:
The Ambient Lighting: Start building the lighting foundation with ambient lighting. Ambient lighting is also called general lighting. Proper ambient light includes natural lighting via large windows, skylights, or artificial lighting which is best achieved with ceiling fixtures like flush mount ceiling lights.
The Task Lighting: Task light is used to lit up a specific area. For instance, bedside table lamps, low hanging pendant lights on either side of the bed, sconces, wall mounted task lights on either side of the headboard. The key is to create flexibility, so if someone wants to sleep and someone wants to work, you can accommodate both by using different lighting in each area.
The Accent Lighting: Accent lighting is meant to draw attention and highlight features like artwork within a given space. The intention is to draw the eye to its focal point.
Step by step Bedroom Lighting Guide:
Photo by Andivi
- Make sure, to begin with, a bedroom furniture floor plan and measure everything out, by considering the electrical points.
- The next step is to focus on activities that you would like to carry out in the bedroom like reading, working or applying makeup, and consider adding the layer to the general lighting with task lights.
- Additionally, to bring in style and drama to your bedroom include accent lighting. Therefore, make sure to display artwork, a bookcase display or so on.
Check out the 5 Unusual Lighting Strategies That Work Wonders
- Mix and match light fixtures by including multiple types of fixture, by including a larger element in the modern bedroom design like a floor lamp to break the monotonous size and scale. For instance, place a floor lamp next to a lounge chair or a decorative fixture on a dresser.
- Add dimmers to these lighting layers, it is important to focus on dimmers, as it is indeed necessary to bring the transition from active to a relaxed sleep-mode. At maximum brightness, the dimmer works as general lighting, while at lower settings, the feature allows for mood setting. Moreover, dimmers are easy to install and as long as the bulb type allows for it, any lighting fixture can take on a multipurpose role.
- Also, it is recommended to opt for warmer lights as they are best for bedroom activities like reading, watching TV or simply relaxing.
Basically, it is all about the mix. Try out these bedroom lighting tips by including a few bedroom lighting elements to enhance the bedroom interiors further and create a relaxing and inviting space, to feel the calmness and tranquility instantly.
Tags Bedroom Lighting GuideBedroom Lighting IdeasBedroom Lighting Types And IdeasModern Bedroom Lighting
Article Category Bedroom
Get started on your ceiling project today by learning everything you need to know about...
Dressing tables, the must-have furniture in bedrooms! No matter whether the bedroom is small in...
A bedroom is an individual’s entire world. Designing a bed wall in the room becomes...
For all those who think bold colors add character to a particular space, time has...
When it comes to designing of a kids modern bedroom, it is the time to...
Most Viewed Articles
Are you looking to utilize the small bathroom space to come up with a fully...
If you are looking for ideas to make the Honeymoon Suite more romantic, read along!...
Looking to divide your room without putting up a wall? OR Considering using a partition...
A bedroom is that corner of the home that we love to reach out to,...