A Step-by-Step Bedroom Lighting Guide for Relaxing and Inviting Decor
Regardless of what bedroom interior design style you choose, a bedroom should look cozy and simple yet sophisticated, and elegant at the same time.
Of all the rooms in a home, the bedroom is probably the only space where one would love to spend more time. Moreover, bedrooms are more than just a place to sleep - especially master bedrooms are also used as a place to work, read, and spend family time. Therefore along with choosing the right bedroom furniture, and deciding on the bedroom storage, and bedroom decor accessories, it is equally vital to include several lighting options to accommodate all of these activities in a single space seamlessly.
To begin with, know the three different types of lighting:
The Ambient Lighting: Start building the lighting foundation with ambient lighting. Ambient lighting is also called general lighting. Proper ambient light includes natural lighting via large windows, skylights, or artificial lighting which is best achieved with ceiling fixtures like flush mount ceiling lights.
The Task Lighting: Task light is used to lit up a specific area. For instance, bedside table lamps, low hanging pendant lights on either side of the bed, sconces, wall mounted task lights on either side of the headboard. The key is to create flexibility, so if someone wants to sleep and someone wants to work, you can accommodate both by using different lighting in each area.
The Accent Lighting: Accent lighting is meant to draw attention and highlight features like artwork within a given space. The intention is to draw the eye to its focal point.
Step by step Bedroom Lighting Guide:
Photo by Andivi
- Make sure, to begin with, a bedroom furniture floor plan and measure everything out, by considering the electrical points.
Photo by Concepto Studio - More bedroom photos
- The next step is to focus on activities that you would like to carry out in the bedroom like reading, working or applying makeup, and consider adding the layer to the general lighting with task lights.
Photo by Abhishek Shah - More bedroom photos
- Additionally, to bring in style and drama to your bedroom include accent lighting. Therefore, make sure to display artwork, a bookcase display or so on.
Check out the 5 Unusual Lighting Strategies That Work Wonders
Photo by Tyner Construction Co Inc - Search bedroom pictures
- Mix and match light fixtures by including multiple types of fixture, by including a larger element in the modern bedroom design like a floor lamp to break the monotonous size and scale. For instance, place a floor lamp next to a lounge chair or a decorative fixture on a dresser.
Photo by Tyner Construction Co Inc - Search bedroom pictures
- Add dimmers to these lighting layers, it is important to focus on dimmers, as it is indeed necessary to bring the transition from active to a relaxed sleep-mode. At maximum brightness, the dimmer works as general lighting, while at lower settings, the feature allows for mood setting. Moreover, dimmers are easy to install and as long as the bulb type allows for it, any lighting fixture can take on a multipurpose role.
- Also, it is recommended to opt for warmer lights as they are best for bedroom activities like reading, watching TV or simply relaxing.
Basically, it is all about the mix. Try out these bedroom lighting tips by including a few bedroom lighting elements to enhance the bedroom interiors further and create a relaxing and inviting space, to feel the calmness and tranquility instantly.
Also, read Give your Dull Bedroom a Boost with These Design Tips
and Stunning Ways to use different types of Indirect Lighting Techniques in Interiors
Join our newsletter!
Enter your email to receive our latest newsletter.
Don't worry, we don't spam
10 Things you Must Have in a Modern Kitchen
Foolproof Tricks to Boost your Kitchen Storage
The Benefits of Having a Smart Home in Architecture
Green Building Materials: A Comprehensive Guide
Urban Design Problems, Architects Should Address while Designing
How to Choose the Right Building Material for Your Project
8 Out-of-the-Box Wall Panelling Materials for Extraordinary Interiors
Want to spruce up your home with a unique wall paneling idea? These 8 ideas will give you inspiration!
9 Essential Vastu Tips to consider while designing your Bedroom
Get tips on designing your perfect bedroom with these essential vastu tips!
Beautiful Interior Colour Trends Of Summer 2023
If you're looking for beautiful summer interiors then you won't want to miss our latest colour trends! Discover stunning combinations
Window Covering Dilemma - Blinds vs. Curtain
Get accurate information about window coverings with our comprehensive guide. Choose the best covering for your needs!
10 Things every Bedroom should have
Are you searching for ways to spruce up your bedroom but don't know where to start? Look no further! We
Steps To Design A Modern, Elegant Bedroom
If you're ready to jump into designing your own bedroom, we've got all the info you need! From choosing a
Most Viewed Articles
Characteristics Of Modern Architecture, People Love
What is modern architecture? Does it mean buildings with basic geometry? Is it the same as contemporary? Does it mean
Chandeliers in a Living Room can Make a Huge Difference
Are you looking out for inspiration for lightening up your living room? Then do check out what differences chandeliers can bring
What Kitchen layout mistakes should be avoided
Kitchen designs can turn out to be a disastrous one if a few kitchen principles are not being followed. To help
Stunning Ways To Add Color To Your Home Without Painting The Walls
Colours are something that plays a very important role in our day to day life. They are irreplaceable with anything
Bathrooms with Stunning Vanity and Bathtub, You will Instantly Fall for
Gone are the days when the bathroom was merely considered as a place to bathe. With the availability of various
Deck Up Your Balcony With These Stupendous Ideas
Probably a balcony is the only space in your entire home where you could sit, relax and enjoy fresh air