Homebuyers are getting more demanding. Builders are providing additional facilities in their buildings in order to pander to customer demands. Security systems are becoming common in buildings constructed in the luxury real estate space. Upper middle class buyers, who are well traveled and knowledgeable, are buying these luxury homes. Fireproofing is a prominent feature of the intricate security systems provided in luxury housing projects, albeit a necessary one.
Why fire proof your home
It is necessary to fireproof one’s home to prevent a stray fire from spreading to all the parts of the home. This will allow one to protect his life and property. Fire is one of the most hazardous events, which can lead to disastrous consequences. Not only will a fire result in loss of life and property, but it will also damage the adjoining structures. Thus, using fire protection coatings on the walls can prevent them from catching fire. One can also stock fire protection sprays in the house, which can be useful in times of a fire. The walls of the home can be painted in fire retardant paints.
Ways to fire proof your home
The following paragraph gives some tips on ways of fireproofing the home:
- Maintain the fire alarm system and the firefighting equipment on a regular basis
- Test fire hydrants and other systems regularly
- Conduct periodic fire drills in the society so that at least one person in the society is trained in fire protection and evacuation procedures
- All the residents must be aware of the location of the main switch in a flat
- At least one resident of every family must be trained in firefighting skills so that he can fight any form of fire and save the other members
- The passage and staircase must be free of all form of clutter
- In case of a fire, always use the stairs instead of the lift
- Fire hydrants and their hoses must be kept well maintained and ready for use at all times
- The approach towards the entrance of the building should always be kept wide and clear of any form of traffic
- Always keep a checklist of important phone numbers like that of the fire brigade, police, ambulance, doctors, hospitals, blood banks, etc prominently displayed in the building
- Insurance policies must be regularly upgraded as per requirements
- Always insist for fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, sprinklers and other firefighting equipment in the building before taking possession of the flat
Having fire protection becomes more important in times when people are covering their balconies to convert them into rooms and open windows are being covered by grills to prevent burglars from entering through them. At such times, fireproofing the home becomes very important. Some designers believe that if precautions are taken during the construction stage itself to use fire retardant materials in construction, a lot of effort will be saved once the structure is built and sold to customers. However, until that happens fireproofing the home is a necessity.
Article Category Architecture Exterior
If this post inspired you, share it with others so that they can be inspired too!!
An architectural school jury is a process that exists in…
The trending field of design, these days, is one of the emphasized…
Building a portfolio is the first step stone when dealing with the…
Bagging an interview is only the easy part, if you didn't think so, I…