Ways to Fire Proof your HOME
Homebuyers are getting more demanding. Builders are providing additional facilities in their buildings in order to pander to customer demands. Security systems are becoming common in buildings constructed in the luxury real estate space. Upper middle class buyers, who are well traveled and knowledgeable, are buying these luxury homes. Fireproofing is a prominent feature of the intricate security systems provided in luxury housing projects, albeit a necessary one.
Why fire proof your home
It is necessary to fireproof one’s home to prevent a stray fire from spreading to all the parts of the home. This will allow one to protect his life and property. Fire is one of the most hazardous events, which can lead to disastrous consequences. Not only will a fire result in loss of life and property, but it will also damage the adjoining structures. Thus, using fire protection coatings on the walls can prevent them from catching fire. One can also stock fire protection sprays in the house, which can be useful in times of a fire. The walls of the home can be painted in fire retardant paints.
Ways to fire proof your home
The following paragraph gives some tips on ways of fireproofing the home:
- Maintain the fire alarm system and the firefighting equipment on a regular basis
- Test fire hydrants and other systems regularly
- Conduct periodic fire drills in the society so that at least one person in the society is trained in fire protection and evacuation procedures
- All the residents must be aware of the location of the main switch in a flat
- At least one resident of every family must be trained in firefighting skills so that he can fight any form of fire and save the other members
- The passage and staircase must be free of all form of clutter
- In case of a fire, always use the stairs instead of the lift
- Fire hydrants and their hoses must be kept well maintained and ready for use at all times
- The approach towards the entrance of the building should always be kept wide and clear of any form of traffic
- Always keep a checklist of important phone numbers like that of the fire brigade, police, ambulance, doctors, hospitals, blood banks, etc prominently displayed in the building
- Insurance policies must be regularly upgraded as per requirements
- Always insist for fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, sprinklers and other firefighting equipment in the building before taking possession of the flat
Photo credit: orangewebsite
Having fire protection becomes more important in times when people are covering their balconies to convert them into rooms and open windows are being covered by grills to prevent burglars from entering through them. At such times, fireproofing the home becomes very important. Some designers believe that if precautions are taken during the construction stage itself to use fire retardant materials in construction, a lot of effort will be saved once the structure is built and sold to customers. However, until that happens fireproofing the home is a necessity.
Join our newsletter!
Enter your email to receive our latest newsletter.
Don't worry, we don't spam
12 Clever Built-in Storage Hacks for Small Bedroom
Brilliant Tips to Negotiate an Architect's Salary
Architecture Of Emergence by Michael Weinstock- Book Review
How to Choose the Specialization to Pursue Masters in?
Bathtub vs. Shower, Which is Perfect for Your Bathroom?
Bathroom Styling: How to Choose a Perfect Bathroom Mirror
If you're a prospective architect looking to get a higher salary, Here are some powerful tips that will help you
Find out everything you need to know about choosing a specialization to pursue a masters in! This guide will help
Whether you are an architecture student looking to break into the industry or an experienced professional, our guide will help
3D printing is changing the way we build materials, and the future looks bright for this ever-growing technology. Discover how
Step into the future of living with smart homes! Uncover whether the convenience and innovation of smart homes are truly
Most Viewed Articles
Bedroom is that place where one tends to spend most of their time as compared to any other space in
Furniture design plays a very important role in overall designing as well as in personal space designing. Without proper furniture
Are you among those countless numbers of people who are avid readers and prefer to own a library? If yes,
From the bits of the general discussion we have from the people one can quote a famous sentence that if
Architectural thesis is arguably the most important milestone in the academic career of an architecture student. A unique design problem