Bathroom Guide- How to Choose the Perfect Sink Basin for your Bathroom?
Bathroom designing would be just considered incomplete without a ‘’standout piece’’ and homeowners would agree that basins, bathroom vanities or bathroom countertops can be considered as the focal point in any bathroom design. Since there are multiple options such as the wall-hung basins, countertop basins, pedestal basins and more, it is important to choose one among these, which will suit the bathroom design just perfectly.
From this article, a home dweller could gather all the required information regarding the bathroom sinks and the factors that they need to consider, to blend in well with their own bathroom spaces.
Read our Bathroom Guide: How to Choose the Right Faucet with the Right Basin
Photo by Webb & Brown-Neaves - Search bathroom design ideas
Things To Consider For The Perfect Basin
- Lifestyle and Location: Is the bathroom being designed for the master en-suite or the kids? Pay attention to the kind of traffic, as traffic plays an important factor. For instance, a glass basin would be a big NO and won’t be recommended for a kids bathroom, as they could get damaged easily if carelessly handled. Whereas, the glass basin will suit a master bathroom perfectly, where the traffic is going to be less.
- Size Matters: The style of the basin can be chosen by considering the entire bathroom space, as the size of your basin should match with the scale of the rest of the bathroom fixtures and bathroom fittings. Moreover, by visualizing the storage and counter space one would need under and/or on either side of the basin would help one in deciding with the size.
- Bathroom Design Style: Match the basin with the overall bathroom design concept. Since bathroom basins are available in many styles, shapes and materials to choose from, the process has turned out to be an easy one. For instance, if a bathroom is designed with a rustic theme, a stone basin would be a perfect choice
Types Of Basins For The Bathroom
Check out the summary of different types of bathroom basins here and their features
- Wall Mount Basin: This basin attaches straight to the wall and does not require a separate table or counter to hold them in place. There are many styles and shapes of wall-mounted basins available. The wall basins without pedestal are ideal for creating more floor space in small bathroom design.
Photo by CUBIC Studios Limited - Search bathroom design ideas
- Inset Basin: Inset Basins is where half the basin is below the bathroom counter and half above. This basin is inserted into the vanity countertop and offers a contemporary look. A perfect basin type for contemporary styling!
Photo by DAYNE LAWRIE constructions - More bathroom ideas
- Undercounter Basin: Here the basin sits perfectly under the counter line, which gives a sleek finish to the countertop, where the faucet is either mounted on the wall or the countertop. This basin style would be perfect for creating a minimalist bathroom.
Photo by Megan Williams Interior Design - More powder room photos
- Semi-Recessed Basin: It partially extrudes from the front side and is ideal for narrow countertops. It suits both the contemporary bathroom styles and the classic design style.
Photo by Grandwood by Zorzi - Browse bathroom photos
- Above Counter Basin: Here the basin sits on top of the counter and adds height to the vanity. For a decorative bathroom focal point, add counter basin with some distinctive curved vessel design. Pairing it with a striking basin mixer to complete the look, will suit the best in high-end bathrooms.
Photo by apaiser - Search bathroom design ideas
Various Wash Basin Materials
- Ceramic Basin
- Colored Ceramic Basin
- Natural Stone Basin
- Onyx Wash Basin
- Wood Wash Basin
- Glass Wash Basin
- Resin Wash Basin
Photo by Keir Townsend - More bathroom photos
With so many different sizes, shapes and styles of bathroom sink basins available, deciding on which one would best suit the bathroom would be easy if importance is given from both style point of view as well as also from the usability, durability and maintenance perspective too! Even it is vital to consider all the costs, including plumbing and installation, before choosing a basin. Following all these will make the selection process of the right basin an overwhelming experience.
Lastly, take a read of the Bathroom Styling: How to Choose a Perfect Bathroom Mirror
And an example of one such video uploaded on our Youtube channel
Popular Tags :
Join our newsletter!
Enter your email to receive our latest newsletter.
Don't worry, we don't spam
Urban Design Problems, Architects Should Address while Designing
How to Choose the Right Building Material for Your Project
Trends That Would Shape the Future of Architecture
10 Essentials Soft Skills Every Architect Must Have
8 Popular Construction Materials Shaping Modern Architectural Design
8 Out-of-the-Box Wall Panelling Materials for Extraordinary Interiors
Types of Bathtubs and How to Choose the Right One for your Bathroom
Wondering how to pick the right bathroom tub for your needs? Check out our guide on different types of bathtubs
Bathtub vs. Shower, Which is Perfect for Your Bathroom?
Those homeowners, who are planning to bring in the ‘’spa-like’’ experience right into their home, would know that without showcasing
Smart Ideas To Separate Your Wet Shower Area
Find out the few ways to separate the wet shower as bathrooms these days consist of designs and storage units
Design Ideas for a Feminine Bathroom
For most women, a bathroom is not merely a functional space; as it is so much more that provides them
9 Ideas to Make Beautiful Bathroom with Candle Light
Give your bathroom a twist and make it beautiful by adding up warmth, dimness and this time with bathroom candles or bathroom scented
Wall Mounted vs. Floor Mounted WC (Water Closet)
Design the bathroom with ease after checking out the comparison between the wall mounted WC and the floor mounted WC.
Most Viewed Articles
11 Beautiful and Colorful Kitchen Decor Ideas that Looks so Inviting
The white is the new trend, the most common choice while selecting the <a href="https://www.planndesign.com/blogs/kitchen" target="_blank">kitchen
Design Ideas To Make Your Hotel “A Pleasant Stay”
Hotels are all around you, but finding the right one that fulfils your needs and that makes you feel at
Celebrity Lookbook: The Extravagant Tales Of SRK & Gauri’s Abode
Letting the world into their homes via Architectural Digest, Gauri and Shahrukh Khan presented an untold tale that their home
8 Ideas to Decorate a Small Kitchen with Big Style
Designing a small kitchen can be fun and can turn out to be stylish. All you need to do is concentrate
Colors brings Positivity to any Home, Let's add some
Colors can change the overall look of any space and bring in drastic changes and here you will find various ways
Let’s Design your own Bedroom yourself
You finally got that swanky apartment you always wanted, it’s close to work, close to the gym and has the